2024 MoneyGram Haas F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
dennis h
dennis h

Re: 2024 MoneyGram Haas F1 Team

Progress is being made :

https://www.sportsmole.co.uk/formula-1/ ... 53880.html

Might not finish better than 8th, but progress is being made.

dennis h
dennis h

Vanja #66

Komatsu very impressed with Bearman

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/the- ... /10661178/

When asked by Motorsport.com if he had been surprised by this return given Formula 2 driver Bearman's lack of experience at the top level, Komatsu insisted: "I'm not surprised.
"But this is not to take anything away from Ollie. I'm not surprised because I've seen so much good stuff with him in the FP1s that that's what I expected.
"The very first time he drove for us in Mexico FP1 - what really impressed me was his ability to understand the bigger picture – understand the role he needs to play, what he needs to execute [and] when. And also how quickly he can learn.

Komatsu also hailed Bearman's "maturity" when asked to swap positions with temporary team-mate Nico Hulkenberg during the first Baku race stint – as the Briton was lapping too slowly obeying Haas's instructions on tyre management, when Hulkenberg was showing the tyres could sustain a surprise harder pace on the tricky street circuit.
"What he showed in the race when we had to ask swap positions during the first stint, and then... he wasn't happy," Komatsu added. "Which I can totally understand why. But then, even though he was unhappy about it, he just did it. He didn't then not let Nico by, and then delayed it for another lap or two. So again, that just shows the maturity, right? It's great.

Bearman following the Mercedes past Hulkenberg showed his "awareness and calmness", per Komatsu.
"That's another thing – he's always calm, even when he's upset or facing the adversity. He's just very calm, and even that yellow flag situation towards the end of the race with the big accident, lots of debris - but again he was calm.He had a presence of mind to say, 'OK, Nico's not on it' [and] just went."
And they call it a stall. A STALL!

#DwarvesAreNaturalSprinters
#BlessYouLaddie