2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
deadhead

Re: 2024 Scuderia Ferrari F1 Team

Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 11:57
https://x.com/F1BigData/status/1846663412870533617 crazy. Team didnt maximize the f1 75
Heavily compromised by the mid season technical directive.

Emag
Emag

deadhead wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 15:50
Henri wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 11:57
https://x.com/F1BigData/status/1846663412870533617 crazy. Team didnt maximize the f1 75
Heavily compromised by the mid season technical directive.
Even before that, a combination of Leclerc transcending for the last lap of Q3 and the F1-75 generally having great pace over 1-lap meant that they were slightly flattered in qualifying when in fact in terms of race pace it was quite often neck and neck with the RedBull or sometimes even losing out.

yooogurt

Emag wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 15:57
Even before that, a combination of Leclerc transcending for the last lap of Q3 and the F1-75 generally having great pace over 1-lap meant that they were slightly flattered in qualifying when in fact in terms of race pace it was quite often neck and neck with the RedBull or sometimes even losing out.
But there were still PU issues at the beginning of the season that cost two wins (one for sure), and 25 h.p. was lost after three nerfs (according to fomrula uno), which also affected the car, because they are designed for a certain level of power, which has decreased over time.
FORZA FERRARI!

KimiRai
KimiRai

No updates in Austin according to Sainz

ScuderiaLeo

KimiRai wrote:
17 Oct 2024, 21:09
No updates in Austin according to Sainz

So odd... they gave interviews after Singapore that they would bring at least a small upgrade to COTA, then throughout the break there were more reports of upgrades, and now nothing?

Maybe they didn't cook in time, or only found an issue in the past few days?

Does this mean that they aren't running the Singapore FW?

ScuderiaLeo

Sainz:

I have always said that until we go to Austin to test them on a "normal" circuit, we won't be able to evaluate the improvements we made at Zandvoort or Spa, the circuits where we had the most difficulties. I think this will be the most important test for us to understand how well these updates are working in the right direction, even on a more traditional circuit like this one.

We have nothing new here, we brought this update to Monza, then the front wing to Singapore. We need confirmation to know if the improvement in our pace is due to the circuits at Monza, Singapore, and Baku, or if the updates also have an effect on more traditional circuits like Austin. This is the ideal circuit to give us answers.

It must be said that others have used these three weeks to bring new things, we haven't been idle but have worked in different areas. It seems to me that some teams are bringing significant updates, and that could change the hierarchy a bit, so we will need to reassess the situation.

The next three races will largely determine our chances of winning the Constructors' Championship. If we perform as we did in the previous races, we can believe that we can do it, but if, on these more traditional circuits, we fall even further behind and can't go fast, then our hope will diminish. It’s about whether, when returning to circuits with long, fast corners, we can continue to fight at the top.
Leclerc:

We have made great progress this year, particularly in tire management. We understood what we needed to do with the car to become faster. The goal is clear: we want to score as many points as possible. I haven't ruled out a victory in the Constructors' Championship yet, and if we perform as well as we did in Monza and Baku, we can still make it. But everything needs to go right. We've had three races on atypical circuits behind us, namely Monza, Baku, and Singapore. Now we want to see here in Austin how all the improvements to the car have worked on more traditional circuits.

Here in Texas, I expect McLaren to be leading, Red Bull just behind, and then we should be on an equal footing. I don't see us as favorites, but rather as challengers. We haven't made significant improvements to the car. We just want to better explore what we have. We gathered a lot of data over the last few weekends, which should be enough to set up a good configuration, even though we have little time. We only have one practice session, then we move straight to qualifying.

In Monza, Baku, and Singapore, we didn't get a complete picture of our improvements, so I'm expecting more from the work done in Texas, Mexico, and Brazil. Of course, this also sets the direction for next season. We believe we are on the right track.

deadhead

Everyone is expecting McLaren to "walk" this race I guess

ing.

So the “usual suspect” Italian pundits promising upgrades at every race—like it’s even possible—were wide of the mark once again… surprise, surprise. Do they not have any shame in being caught in a lie more often than not?

In any case, just like last year when Ferrari improved their performance throughout the second half of the year with little visible upgrades through better exploitation of the car’s potential, hoping to see some positives from this weekend and maybe an actual upgrade at the next races.

DoctorRadio
DoctorRadio

The best source out there is Duchessa and in fact he didn’t expect anything substantial, I think there is a lot to gain from the optimization of the package introduced between Monza and Singapore.

Seanspeed
Seanspeed

"We have nothing new here, we brought this update to Monza, then the front wing to Singapore. We need confirmation to know if the improvement in our pace is due to the circuits at Monza, Singapore, and Baku, or if the updates also have an effect on more traditional circuits like Austin. This is the ideal circuit to give us answers."

Dont usually do 'told you so', but this really was the most common sense approach here, given how critically important actually understanding these new parts is for the future, and how previous tracks were not quite a proper test for them that Austin will be.

It'll be encouraging if they really can battle for roughly equal second best. At previous traditional tracks, we were teetering more towards 4th best.

pantherxxx
pantherxxx

I'm not surprised Ferrari is not bringing a huge upgrade package here. Only one free practice, not enough time to really solve problems if you introduce too many new components.

Emag
Emag

ing. wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 17:56
So the “usual suspect” Italian pundits promising upgrades at every race—like it’s even possible—were wide of the mark once again… surprise, surprise. Do they not have any shame in being caught in a lie more often than not?

In any case, just like last year when Ferrari improved their performance throughout the second half of the year with little visible upgrades through better exploitation of the car’s potential, hoping to see some positives from this weekend and maybe an actual upgrade at the next races.
I don’t think it’s realistic to expect Ferrari to bring another huge upgrade this season. Some “complementary” details, perhaps, but no big changes.

What they brought in Monza was already quite substantial. It doesn’t make sense to keep overhauling things like the floor every other race, unless you’re lost and looking for answers.

Fakepivot
Fakepivot

monza update successful? I see Leclerc quite comfortable..

Space-heat
Space-heat

Fakepivot wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 19:52
S1 is great, 1-2 atm. Have to assume MCL are sandbagging. Lec struggling with turn in at 12.

yooogurt

Fakepivot wrote:
18 Oct 2024, 19:52
You have to look at the high-speed corners and whether there is any bounce, because Charles back in Monza for the first time in a long time went in his favourite style in two pedals in a corner.
FORZA FERRARI!