Did NASCAR steal JPM's first oval win?

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Ray

Re: Did NASCAR steal JPM's first oval win?

Tazio wrote:
Ray wrote:
Tazio wrote:Ok so JPM is on the front row again this week. The talking heads are forced to mention his name (something in my opinion they avoided until now).
The All American racing series does not appear to acquiesce
to a foreigner, but he's kind of hard to ignore at this point.
I underappreciated him when he was in F1. I have a great respect for him now,
and quite frankly he has the experience and skill to win the whole shooting match.
However In the back of my mind I feel like there is a Bible Belt Anglo American bias against him. Perhaps that's my fertile imagination. Go Juan [-o<
What broadcast have you been watching because they have been talking Juan up on every single channel they broadcast NASCAR on? Most of the reason they are talking about him now is because during the regular season he wasn't up front every week, but you can't be bothered to actually pay attention and make a sound judgement now can you? It's not your imagination that is fertile, it's your blatant ignorance. And his skill? Hardly. He's won a single race in his entire Sprint Cup career, he hasn't won on an oval. One race win doesn't make a champion.

And WTF is with all the bullshit about 'rednecks' and 'Bible Belt Anglo American' crap about? The top drivers in NASCAR aren't even from the southeastern United States. Hell the current three time running champion is from ---*ng southern California! Tony Stewart is from Indiana, so is Jeff Gordon and so on. The predjudice ones are you guys, take a look in the mirror. It pisses me off to no end to be called a 'racist', a 'redneck', and that we can only drive in circles. Are you guys any different from what you point fingers at others for doing? I think not.

JPM is by far my favorite in NASCAR right now, and if weren't for him I wouldn't even pay attention to that fixed sport. I don't watch the races, but I make sure I find out where he ran.
I guess since you edited I need to address a point in that adendum. Did I mention the term "redneck" As for the "Bible Belt" How many other major series have a prayer From a Baptist Minister before each race? I was referring to the viewing audience not the participants
Let's not go to war over this as I'm not a big enough fan of the disipline.
BTW Jimmie Johnson grew up less than 10 miles from my home

Go Jaun
Every racing series in the US. I didn't mean you directly about the redneck thing, just that it's been mentioned here many times before, and there have been many baseless presumptions about the technology of NASCAR. I apologize if it came across as you saying redneck directly. And Baptist don't just live in the 'Bible Belt'. So what they have a prayer? It's simple enough to understand, they pray for the safety of everyone at the track. Competitors, track workers, officials and fans. Is it a bad thing that they want everyone to be safe?

I had the pleasure of living in San Diego and went to El Cajon quite a bit, but you couldn't get me back into California by threat of death. :lol: Nice place, don't particularly like the rules though. :lol:

Mr Alcatraz

I had the pleasure of living in San Diego and went to El Cajon quite a bit, but you couldn't get me back into California by threat of death. :lol: Nice place, don't particularly like the rules though. :lol:
I here you Ray!
I bought a 2004 Toyota Tundra with just under 60,000 Fully loaded in showroom condition
Last year when gas was at it's highest point!
I figured to save a ton of money(on insurance,and finance charges) because I bought it outright. I did save money in that area, but registrations have skyrocketed, my registration due this month is $315.00!! Rediculous, and obsene!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

djos

Tazio wrote:
I here you Ray!
I bought a 2004 Toyota Tundra with just under 60,000 Fully loaded in showroom condition
I figured to save a ton of money(on insurance,and finance charges) because I bought it outright. I did save money in that area, but registrations have skyrocketed, my registration due this month is $315.00!! Rediculous, and obsene!
You're kidding right? I pay $500 a year (inc mandatory 3rd party insurance) for a 1.8ltr 2002 Mazda 323 Astina here in Adelaide - If I was in Sydney I'd be adding another $300 on top of that.

If I had a Ford F250 here in aus (cant buy Tundras in Aus) it would be well over $1,000 per year for Rego! :o

PS. Aussie Dollar buys US .86c atm
Last edited by djos on 27 Sep 2009, 03:07, edited 1 time in total.
"In downforce we trust"

Ray

Tazio wrote:
I here you Ray!
HOLY CRAP! I almost thought you meant you paid 60k for it! :lol: I had to reread it. They tried to tell me that I had to get my Silverado smog checked for a base sticker at Miramar even though it was registered elsewhere and the idiots didn't understand that my truck wasn't even legal for sale in Kalifornia, much less that it wouldn't pass a smog check! But San Diego is a beautiful place and I kinda miss it from time to time. Never got the chance to go see the race there though.

Ray

djos wrote:
Tazio wrote:
I here you Ray!
You're kidding right? I pay $500 a year (inc mandatory 3rd party insurance) for a 1.8ltr 2002 Mazda 323 Astina here in Adelaide - If I was in Sydney I'd be adding another $300 on top of that.

If I had a Ford F250 here in aus (cant buy Tundras in Aus) it would be well over $1,000 per year for Rego! :o

That's only $115 difference though. The Aussie dollar is $1 to ¢0.87 American.

EDIT: You beat me to it djos :D

djos

Ray wrote:
djos wrote: You're kidding right? I pay $500 a year (inc mandatory 3rd party insurance) for a 1.8ltr 2002 Mazda 323 Astina here in Adelaide - If I was in Sydney I'd be adding another $300 on top of that.

yeah but that's only if you compare my small Hatch to your truck, compare apples to apples and you are paying about $800USD a year less to register your truck than if you had the same size/weight/engine combo in Australia.
"In downforce we trust"

Ray

djos wrote:
Ray wrote:
djos wrote: You're kidding right? I pay $500 a year (inc mandatory 3rd party insurance) for a 1.8ltr 2002 Mazda 323 Astina here in Adelaide - If I was in Sydney I'd be adding another $300 on top of that.

yeah but that's only if you compare my small Hatch to your truck, compare apples to apples and you are paying about $800USD a year less to register your truck than if you had the same size/weight/engine combo in Australia.
True. But now that I live in an area that doesn't require a smog check, it's gone down by around $150. My last registration fee for metro Atlanta was $293, which is $337 Aussie. For what it's worth I REALLY widh I could go back to Australia. Though I was up near Darwin and I got to visit Litchfield Park and wouldn't trade anything in the world for that experience.

Mr Alcatraz

djos wrote:
Tazio wrote:
I here you Ray!

$315.00 is registration only. It does not include my "mandatory insurance"
which is only 200 every 6 months, only because I bought the car for cash and didn't have a lending institution dictating that I have comprehensive insurance. I pay just under $200.oo every 6 months for very minimal insurance (slightly higher than minimum liability coverage) that puts me at $700.00 per year including insurance. That is very high for the U.S.

Maybe a little low for Ca. though, since I don't get raped as badly as most on insurance!

Ray

The thing about JPM and his crew chief is that they have to figure out how to get the car to be in good shape at the closing stages of the race. He's got the skill, and they have the equipment. They just need to close the deal. It would be a hollow championship to win it without a victory, consitency scoring points is NOT a championship I'd want to win. I believe Eddie Krawiec won last years NHRA Pro Stock Motorcycle championship without a win, and that is not a valid result and he should have never been crowned. You can't be a champion if you never win.

Mr Alcatraz

Ray wrote:The thing about JPM and his crew chief is that they have to figure out how to get the car to be in good shape at the closing stages of the race. He's got the skill, and they have the equipment. They just need to close the deal.
That's pretty much it in a nutshell!
They appeared to do everything right (especially with rubber) but didn't have the horses for the final sprint.

If Juan wins this thing he will almost assuredly win a race or two.
Tomorrow wouldn't be a bad place to start! :mrgreen:

Mr Alcatraz

A pretty good read from The Washington Post

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 02304.html
It would be a remarkable plot twist for NASCAR, a sport rooted in the South, to crown a native of Bogota, Colombia, its next champion.

NASCAR's heroes have tended to be named Petty or Earnhardt. And its fans only grudgingly accepted the first champion from California, Jeff Gordon, who changed all notions of what a stock-car driver looks and acts like when he claimed the first of his four titles in 1995.

Montoya would stretch that definition further.
Halfway through the season, Gordon warned that Montoya could surprise people if he qualified for the postseason.

With Montoya now six spots head of him in the standings, Gordon ought to feel smart.

"He's gotten more consistent," Gordon said. "He's gotten better. He understands the cars, competition and tracks. And the team is starting to give him the equipment to go along with it."

Ganassi feels smart, too.

"No question, some day you're going to mention his name alongside a lot of greats," Ganassi said. "By the time his career is over, he'll have done it all."
Bold words from Chip :o :shock:

Ciro Pabón

If there's a track where I cannot see JPM winning is today's Dover. Those 26 degrees of inclination in the curves plus thee short straights and no run-offs makes this circuit the hardest I've seen for avoiding an accident. Once somebody loses the car, it's normally a huge pileup with no place to hide.

The qualy and practices showed Juan is in a fast car. He likes the track, the huge sideslope means the car behaves a little like "downforced" cars, who knows what can happens today. He's in the chase, the year already paid itself.

Thanks for the kind quotes, Tazio, in the name of Bogotá's people.
Ciro

Mr Alcatraz

Ciro Pabón wrote:
Thanks for the kind quotes, Tazio, in the name of Bogotá's people.
My pleasure :D
If there's a track where I cannot see JPM winning is today's Dover. Those 26 degrees of inclination in the curves plus thee short straights and no run-offs makes this circuit the hardest I've seen for avoiding an accident. Once somebody loses the car, it's normally a huge pileup with no place to hide.

The qualy and practices showed Juan is in a fast car. He likes the track, the huge sideslope means the car behaves a little like "downforced" cars, who knows what can happens today. He's in the chase, the year already paid itself.
In deed!! And if he keeps starting on the front row, or near it he should have better odds of avoiding the carnage [-o<

Mr Alcatraz

http://sports.yahoo.com/nascar/news;_yl ... &type=lgns

KANSAS CITY, Kan. (AP)—NASCAR has warned Hendrick Motorsports that the cars of Jimmie Johnson and Mark Martin came very close to failing post-race inspection following their 1-2 finish at Dover last week.

The two Chevrolets owned by Hendrick Motorsports came within less than an inch of surpassing the tolerated measurements on the body of their cars. Martin is currently leading the points, and three-time defending series champion Johnson is second in the standings.

The crew chiefs for both drivers say they weren’t cheating, and in-race damage may have caused the cars to creep toward the maximum allowances.

NASCAR is not penalizing either team, but they have been warned

BS they are cheating my man JPM----again!! [-X

Giblet
Giblet

That actually surprises me. In F1 an inch is a mile. If they do it again, are they going to be reprimanded for having their cars within the rules?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute