2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
ALO_Power
ALO_Power
0
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 21:53

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

F1RAM wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:11
Do they!! They are damn bad at strategies.. Lance gets good strategies often. From nowhere he can finish behind Alonso.
He will potentially finish ahead of Alonso. This super long stint of Alonso didn't help.

F1RAM
F1RAM
0
Joined: 11 Jul 2026, 16:51

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

I know that.. they have been doing these kind of strategies for a while. Lance will start way back of Alonso, stop early and do probably the faster 2stopper. Meanwhile Alonso will stay out for far too long and eventually be asked to move. Happened countless times.

SchuMassa
SchuMassa
21
Joined: 15 Nov 2012, 16:42

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Bad call from the team that they pitted ALO when the VSC was already ending. At least they managed to put him behind STR - that must have been the plan all along!

F1doc
F1doc
9
Joined: 25 Feb 2021, 09:09

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Yes, ALO strategy has been amateurish. Let's view the positive: the car isn't languishing around at the back any more.

User avatar
diffuser
258
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 13:55
Location: Montreal

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

ALO_Power wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:22
F1RAM wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:11
Do they!! They are damn bad at strategies.. Lance gets good strategies often. From nowhere he can finish behind Alonso.
He will potentially finish ahead of Alonso. This super long stint of Alonso didn't help.
Alonso wanted to pit during the VSC, so if you're gonna blame anyone blame him but I don't think Alonso really cares.
Last edited by diffuser on 26 Jul 2026, 16:46, edited 1 time in total.

ALO_Power
ALO_Power
0
Joined: 22 Feb 2016, 21:53

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

diffuser wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:38
ALO_Power wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:22
F1RAM wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:11
Do they!! They are damn bad at strategies.. Lance gets good strategies often. From nowhere he can finish behind Alonso.
He will potentially finish ahead of Alonso. This super long stint of Alonso didn't help.
Alonso wanted to pit during the VSC, so if you're gonna blame anyone blame him but I don't Alonso really cares.
I said that before the VSC :mrgreen:

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik
0
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 16:17

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Yeah, step by step, a huge imrpovement, but, back to reality, we finished almost 2 laps behind Norris.

F1RAM
F1RAM
0
Joined: 11 Jul 2026, 16:51

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Now he himself said it... what a bad strategy.

FNTC
FNTC
25
Joined: 03 Nov 2023, 21:27

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Beating Cadillac, Williams, Haas and one Alpine is a huge win considering the massive power deficit. Questionable strategy calls for Alonso but whatever. He did half the race on softs, so why pit under the VSC??
Last edited by FNTC on 26 Jul 2026, 16:52, edited 1 time in total.

krich
krich
1
Joined: 07 Apr 2024, 19:10

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Now i have no doubts if Honda delivers we are with rb

User avatar
Otromundo
0
Joined: 26 Feb 2023, 00:29
Location: Spain

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Our season has finally started!!

What I liked most: there are no cooling problems, apparently no vibrations, and the car treats the tires well. The latter, something I consider very important, still has to be tested with a more powerful engine. I didn’t quite understand ALO’s last tire change, I’ll just consider it some test they wanted to do.
Believe half of what you see and none of what you hear.

User avatar
diffuser
258
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 13:55
Location: Montreal

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

It's so easy for Stroll to pass the back 6 cars. He pits early, gets himself some free air and a way to you. Run 10 laps in clean air, the cars in front of you pit and boom you're in free air again. If Alonso wouldn't have stopped at the VSP, then Stroll would have. Stroll was close enough behind Alonso that if they both would have pitted at the VSP, they would have been double stack meaning Stroll would have waited behind Alonso. So it made sense for Stroll to wait to see if the VSP lasted another lap. either way neither of them were fast enough to catch Gasly.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip
0
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 16:38

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Otromundo wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:55
Our season has finally started!!

What I liked most: there are no cooling problems, apparently no vibrations, and the car treats the tires well. The latter, something I consider very important, still has to be tested with a more powerful engine. I didn’t quite understand ALO’s last tire change, I’ll just consider it some test they wanted to do.
Lance was a few tenths quicker on the fresher rubber, and they thought it was going to be a VSC during the pitstop. The VSC ended when Alonso entered the pits.

TyreSlip
TyreSlip
0
Joined: 22 Sep 2024, 16:38

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

I would have been happy for the Astons to compete with the Haas today, but the Aston clearly had better tire deg than them. It was amazing to be close with the Alpines.

It is time for Honda to do their part and help Aston fight the Audis and Racing Bulls now.

User avatar
diffuser
258
Joined: 07 Sep 2012, 13:55
Location: Montreal

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Otromundo wrote: ↑
26 Jul 2026, 16:55
Our season has finally started!!

What I liked most: there are no cooling problems, apparently no vibrations, and the car treats the tires well. The latter, something I consider very important, still has to be tested with a more powerful engine. I didn’t quite understand ALO’s last tire change, I’ll just consider it some test they wanted to do.
They asked Alonso, "Do you want to stop for a pair of used softs under the VSP?" Alonso replied, "Yes, yes."

He kind of complained about the length of the first stint, but then said, "I don't know—you guys see the data." He's probably complained about similar calls in the past, and the team later showed him the data that explained the decision.

At a track like Hungary, you need a significant lap-time advantage to be able to pass the car in front. Since the AMR26B doesn't yet have the top speed down the back straight, it can only make passes by being more agile. A larger tire-performance advantage, combined with the AMR26B's newfound aerodynamic improvements, gives it that agility.

I'm not sure if you noticed, but after Alonso switched to the mediums and passed the two cars ahead of him, Hülkenberg and Gasly quickly realized how fast Alonso was and pitted to cover him off. They were worried that if they waited too long, they'd end up behind him.