I am very confused at how you came to the conclusion the Aston Martin Chassis somehow gained 3 seconds? The Belgium Grand prix is the most "Horsepower sensitive" (lets use this term for this conversation) track and Monaco the least "horsepower sensitive" track that cars have raced at this year thus far. And what did we see in qualifying at both tracks? Lets use Bottas as a benchmark as he has many pole positions and very experienced.HPD wrote: ↑29 Jul 2026, 02:54First of all, I'm very happy with the chassis update. It seems to be working really well.
I'm surprised that we were almost 5 seconds behind the fastest car before, and now we're only 2 seconds or less behind the leader. We've gained an average of 3 seconds (depending on the circuit), and nobody is saying anything?
From what I usually read here, Honda gets blamed for everything. And no one says anything about the chassis? Well, I will. The chassis was complete rubbish and a huge handicap, even for Honda.
And honestly, I don't care if anyone tries to convince me otherwise. I'm just here to give my opinion: the chassis that debuted in 2026 was the main cause of all the team's problems. We were 5 seconds off the pace because of the terrible chassis Aston Martin built.
Just as Honda has been criticized for its disastrous start—and I think that's completely fair—I'm also going to criticize the disastrous start of the chassis. It was the worst on the grid and the real handicap that was costing us several seconds to the leader. Like it or not, that's the truth.
The good thing is that they seem to have found the right direction, but these things need to be said. People here love to talk, blame some, and stay silent about others.
One more thing: besides the extra power Honda is bringing, the package will also include weight reduction and, I believe, a lighter gearbox. We should easily be able to find another half a second per lap.
At Monaco Alonso was less than 1 tenth behind Bottas, very close to identical times, but in Belgium was a WOPPING 2 seconds a lap slower than Bottas. So this to me shows a huge difference in the engine performance between the 2 cars. Then we get to Hungary a track that is very low on the "horsepower sensitivity" and with the new chassis Alonso in Q1 was around 7 tenths quicker than Bottas. My calculations show the updated Hungary Chassis has gained a good .7 seconds maybe 1 second a lap which is a big step for sure, but nowhere near 3 seconds a lap.
