2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
User avatar
Jambier
5
Joined: 07 Mar 2018, 11:02
Location: France

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

collindsilva wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 07:46
3_12_14_16_22_33_81 wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 07:24
Agree ^. There was a chance to execute everything perfectly in Baku, even though the chassis and PU is not the best. I don't see any evidence of that, so there is zero hope for anything at all this year. It is very sad. Not much to fight for. Maybe fastest Pit Stop is all they can fight for. The car needs to be bulletproof up to the first stop first. :wtf:
Reports that Honda spec 2 engine deficit is still around 70HP.
On ICE only?
The only good measurement is the average power available through a lap

User avatar
ispano6
170
Joined: 09 Mar 2017, 23:56
Location: my playseat

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

It is indeed a growing pains year. One of the few teams that started a new collaboration. These working relationships take time to reach synergy. That word should be better understood by folks here who take it for granted.

I'll say Alonso should move to another team or take a sabbatical, raise his kid. There are other younger drivers willing to drive full distance to help gather data so why not give them a chance. I'd consider luring Piastri, not another former champion. I don't think Alonso is a driver that can or is willing to develop a car. He just needs to be given a good car to do well or be motivated to try all race.
I like Lance but he doesn't have clout or raw speed, and with a person like Newey it's hard for anyone to convince the man to think that anyone is right other than him. I seriously think you need a driver like Max but also an engineer like Rob Marshal. I think Krack is the right person to work with Honda similar to how Franz Tost was. You need genuine mutual respect and no toxic cynicism.

collindsilva
collindsilva
1
Joined: 27 Aug 2015, 15:37

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

ispano6 wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 10:21
It is indeed a growing pains year. One of the few teams that started a new collaboration. These working relationships take time to reach synergy. That word should be better understood by folks here who take it for granted.

I'll say Alonso should move to another team or take a sabbatical, raise his kid. There are other younger drivers willing to drive full distance to help gather data so why not give them a chance. I'd consider luring Piastri, not another former champion. I don't think Alonso is a driver that can or is willing to develop a car. He just needs to be given a good car to do well or be motivated to try all race.
I like Lance but he doesn't have clout or raw speed, and with a person like Newey it's hard for anyone to convince the man to think that anyone is right other than him. I seriously think you need a driver like Max but also an engineer like Rob Marshal. I think Krack is the right person to work with Honda similar to how Franz Tost was. You need genuine mutual respect and no toxic cynicism.
My suggestion, Either Lance or Alonso should sit out rest of the season, no point in having DNF each and every race.

User avatar
etusch
132
Joined: 22 Feb 2009, 23:09
Location: Turkey

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

KimiRai wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2026, 18:08


Yes if you need to compensate the loss on the straights by sacrificing deployment elsewhere. The chassis is not up to par at all and needs much improvement. Both can be true at the same time.

Anyways this is pointless. See you all in February.
Where did this happen, Professor? Enlighten us with an example.

SSJ4
SSJ4
35
Joined: 04 Jul 2023, 23:59

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Regarding the whole Baku race. Didn’t Alonso revert back to aduo 1 or old engine related components? So data gathering would have mostly irrelevant.

Anyways an announcement is happening at 12pm bst. Either Fernando is retiring or signing and extension

OnEcRiTiCaL
OnEcRiTiCaL
0
Joined: 01 Aug 2023, 09:55

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Badger wrote: ↑
28 Sep 2026, 14:31
Actually hilarious how Fernando decided to just pull into the pits after he was tired of getting re-passed by Bottas on the straight. The driver just decides no more sponsorship visibility, no more data gathering for Honda or the team, pack it up and go home because Fernando has called it a day. Why even go racing at that point? Why not just save the money and spend it on next year...
Is not true.... First he got 0.6 sec ,then 0.8 sec then 1.1 sec only in the straights . So basically every other lap he got 2 tenths slower.

mass_damper_enjoyer
mass_damper_enjoyer
0
Joined: 27 Feb 2025, 16:33

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

It's official! Fernando is not retiring!

User avatar
Jambier
5
Joined: 07 Mar 2018, 11:02
Location: France

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

mass_damper_enjoyer wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:03
It's official! Fernando is not retiring!
He likes to endure some suffering it seems.
One more year with this car

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik
0
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 16:17

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Jambier wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:17
mass_damper_enjoyer wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:03
It's official! Fernando is not retiring!
He likes to endure some suffering it seems.
One more year with this car
or... he knows things

collindsilva
collindsilva
1
Joined: 27 Aug 2015, 15:37

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Rikrikrik wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:24
Jambier wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:17
mass_damper_enjoyer wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:03
It's official! Fernando is not retiring!
He likes to endure some suffering it seems.
One more year with this car
or... he knows things
seems so, was under the impression he would take a year off or retirement..

User avatar
Jambier
5
Joined: 07 Mar 2018, 11:02
Location: France

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

He also said he "doubts this is the final year"

I think they have given him a three year plan to finally have a decent car.
And he will stay for this final challenge.

Being here just for 2027 makes no sense, as the most incredible they could do next year is fighting for points / Q3.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik
0
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 16:17

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Jambier wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:29
He also said he "doubts this is the final year"

I think they have given him a three year plan to finally have a decent car.
And he will stay for this final challenge.

Being here just for 2027 makes no sense, as the most incredible they could do next year is fighting for points / Q3.
Probably 1+1

User avatar
Jambier
5
Joined: 07 Mar 2018, 11:02
Location: France

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Some people are also speaking about age: With this generation of cars, being 46 or 47 years old is not an issue at all I believe.

Rikrikrik
Rikrikrik
0
Joined: 01 Nov 2023, 16:17

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Jambier wrote: ↑
29 Sep 2026, 13:32
Some people are also speaking about age: With this generation of cars, being 46 or 47 years old is not an issue at all I believe.
For the older regulations, like 2005 or 2012, maybe, but not for today

FNTC
FNTC
25
Joined: 03 Nov 2023, 21:27

Re: 2026 Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team

Post

Announcement - 29 Sep 2026 - Lance Stroll and Fernando Alonso commit to Aston Martin Aramco as 2027 driver line-up is confirmed
Fernando Alonso, Aston Martin Aramco Formula One Team driver, said:

"I'm very happy to sign a new contract with Aston Martin Aramco. I took my time to make this decision, but racing is my life, my passion, and I know I still have the speed and determination to compete at the highest level. I'm committed for the long term with this team and to helping us succeed.

"I truly believe in what we are building: we have strong leadership, incredible people, partners and facilities. I look forward to making more memories on the racetrack in front of the passionate fans. Their energy creates an atmosphere that inspires me and is what makes our sport special."
Interestingly, the word "Honda" is not mentioned a single time on that article on the official team website.