Yes, I am probably kidding myself. On paper, Singapore looks to be the best on paper, but that does not mean the package will be competitive. I am resigned that this year is over.GhostF1 wrote: ↑29 Sep 2026, 05:06I was looking forward to Singapore, but Alonso poured water over that and mentioned Singapore is a more power-thirsty track than Hungary and that Singapore is ranked "5th or something" on the tracks where power is important. How true that is, I'm not sure with these regs.
Singapore has a lot of short brake zones, so I can imagine teams will be trying to aggressively regen everywhere and can foresee plenty of moments where it'll cause a driveability issue if there's one little mistake, and drastically so if there's a driver error causing the deploy algorithm to get confused, much like Bottas had at Baku.
Every track from now to the end of the season looks grim for us to be honest.
I would argue that Alonso is in better physical shape than most of the drivers. He referenced how Qatar 2023 wore almost everybody out and he was fine after the race.
But not yet ?TyreSlip wrote: ↑29 Sep 2026, 14:28Yes, I am probably kidding myself. On paper, Singapore looks to be the best on paper, but that does not mean the package will be competitive. I am resigned that this year is over.GhostF1 wrote: ↑29 Sep 2026, 05:06I was looking forward to Singapore, but Alonso poured water over that and mentioned Singapore is a more power-thirsty track than Hungary and that Singapore is ranked "5th or something" on the tracks where power is important. How true that is, I'm not sure with these regs.
Singapore has a lot of short brake zones, so I can imagine teams will be trying to aggressively regen everywhere and can foresee plenty of moments where it'll cause a driveability issue if there's one little mistake, and drastically so if there's a driver error causing the deploy algorithm to get confused, much like Bottas had at Baku.
Every track from now to the end of the season looks grim for us to be honest.
He already said is not the last.
https://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/arti ... e0gz51g36o
I was only joking
Actually, it’s the opposite. Honda was lost back in 2016, when they kept trying different solutions to improve things, which is why it took them years to make real progress. Now, they already know what the problem is — the ICE — and they’re actively addressing it. They’ve also validated the direction with Spec 2, which, despite bringing only a negligible improvement, served to confirm that their ideas about where to go were correct.Badger wrote: ↑29 Sep 2026, 14:54I was only jokingBut I can't understand what is really in it for Fernando at this stage. This engine is going to take years to sort out, what's the point of going around at the back at 46? He already suffered this fate from 2015-2018 and it led to his first retirement. The situation with the engine now looks arguably worse than back then, Honda looks completely lost.