Sauber C29

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Re: Sauber C29

MattyT wrote:
ESPImperium wrote: Image
Is it raining/damp in valencia? Why the intermediates?
Might be too cold for the slicks, the fact they mignt not be generating enough heat to keep them stuck to the track. This is entirly normal, for the conditions.

Basically the slicks may be loosing temprature whilst on track, but the inters may just be right.

imightbewrong
imightbewrong

shotzski

I hope Sauber could get decent backing from their drivers especially from Japan through Kamui. And lure Credit Suisse back to sponsoring the team. How about Swiss confection company for a sponsor?

vall
vall

impressive pace both today and yesterday.

Steven
Owner

vall wrote:impressive pace both today and yesterday.
I wouldn't put too much money on them yet. Given their lack of sponsorship at the moment, they might be running light during the winter to try and attract some sponsor interest first.

But, you never know...

Belatti
Belatti

Tomba wrote:
I wouldn't put too much money on them yet. Given their lack of sponsorship at the moment, they might be running light during the winter to try and attract some sponsor interest first.

But, you never know...
The same was told about Brawn last year... :-k
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

Scotracer
Scotracer

imightbewrong wrote:Image
Holy crap at the diffuser :lol:
Powertrain Cooling Engineer

vall
vall

Tomba wrote:

But, you never know...
people were suspecting the same about Brawn GP last year :D

Fil

Belatti wrote:
Tomba wrote:I wouldn't put too much money on them yet. Given their lack of sponsorship at the moment, they might be running light during the winter to try and attract some sponsor interest first.

But, you never know...
The same was told about Brawn last year... :-k
vall wrote:people were suspecting the same about Brawn GP last year :D
The same was being said by people last.. oh.. wait.. yeah.. :lol:

This is quickly beginning to be my favourite car of the first test.

Love the angular sidepods, unique exhaust/cooling arrangement, crazy sharp-edged diffuser, and the shape of the underside of the nose leading to the floor is fantastic!

Oh and it looks like Kobayashi found a spare old Kubica helmet lying around Hinwil to use! :lol:
Any post(s) made by this user are (semi-)educated opinion(s), based on random fact(s) blurred by the smudges of time.
Any fact(s) claimed by this user will be supplemented by a link to the original source of said fact(s).

Roger the knife

Fast again today with Kobey, wonder how much fuel they're running with

Giblet
Giblet

I don't understand why BMW is still on the badge. I thought it was just Sauber now.

Does having a Ferrari engine in the back of a Sauber that says BMW make any sense at all?
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

thestig84
thestig84

Giblet wrote:I don't understand why BMW is still on the badge. I thought it was just Sauber now.

Does having a Ferrari engine in the back of a Sauber that says BMW make any sense at all?
No BMW badge in sight. The name still remains due to the team not applying a name change yet.

Giblet
Giblet

Ahh... by badging I just meant the logo or emblem on the new Sauber team communications. Not the actual badge on the car. There is a new logo and color scheme, but the BMW name is still on.

It must be legal, but again if I was BMW I would ask they stop using the name, except on official documents that matter.

Many companies have a name they operate under, and one they do business as. I just think it makes BMW look bad as we as fans are reminded of them pulling out so quickly, and not doing nearly as much as Honda did (generosity wise) to help find the workers a home or a new owner.

To me it makes Ferrari look 'better' than BMW, but there much be more going on behind the scenes.

Ferrari is called Scuderia Ferrari Marlboro, but we never see that, so it can't be FIA rules.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Slife
Slife

Even though the car uses black, the livery still looks kinda BMW-style.

tk421

agreed. i think they need a completely fresh livery, one that differentiaties them from bmw. too bad red bull and petronas moved on to other teams, i always liked the old blue/aqua livery!
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!