Piquet drives Danika Patrick off track in debut race

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
WhiteBlue

Piquet drives Danika Patrick off track in debut race

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_UUtiZ4PAM[/youtube]

I've heard a lot of crap about Danika but that recovery was beautifully done while Crash me Nelson only added to his bad rep.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

manchild
manchild

Re: Piquet drives Danika Patrick off track in debut race

No wonder, she a female, and he... well, you know. :lol:

Shrek
Shrek

I wouldn't really blame Piquet for that, Danica ran up very fast comig off of turn 4 and may have caught Piquet off guard to where he didn't see her, but that was a good save
Spencer

Giblet
Giblet

Was that a spotter fail? That was a semi blind spot Danica's car was in.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

Ray

I'm not so sure that was a great save on her part. Other views of that, namely in-car views, shows her not being able to keep up with the wheel. It looks like she just let go of the wheel cause it was whipping out of her hands. That and the way she slid pretty much dictated what direction she was going to go in the slide anyway. Still good driving, and the blind spots in those cars are enormous. Piquet sucks, but I wouldn't blame him totally.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Ie may say his boss told him to!!!

Roland Ehnström

Semi off-topic, but it's really good to hear that mr. Waltrip is giving Danica some credit here, justified or not. Last season, when during a Sprint Cup broadcast the commentators were speculating on the rumors of Danica moving to NASCAR, Darrell said that he didn't think any woman would have the strength and stamina to handle a 3600 lbs stock car in a three-hour race. [-X I hope she goes on to win a Cup race one day, that would be awesome to watch! 8)

Giblet
Giblet

Weighing a whole set of legs less then all the men has to be an advantage. Being almost half the weight of a few of the chubbies is even better.

She should be fast as a greased chipmunk, but she is meh.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

ISLAMATRON

Ray wrote:I'm not so sure that was a great save on her part. Other views of that, namely in-car views, shows her not being able to keep up with the wheel. It looks like she just let go of the wheel cause it was whipping out of her hands. That and the way she slid pretty much dictated what direction she was going to go in the slide anyway. Still good driving, and the blind spots in those cars are enormous. Piquet sucks, but I wouldn't blame him totally.
HAving watched her in IRL I have to agree with you Ray, she does not have the talant level to make such great saves on a regular basis... I would ALMOST bet my right nut that she could not do that twice.... I've seen her crash so many times at pit speeds that it would be impossible to me to think she could ever do that again.
Giblet wrote:Weighing a whole set of legs less then all the men has to be an advantage. Being almost half the weight of a few of the chubbies is even better.

She should be fast as a greased chipmunk, but she is meh.
Her weight was an advantage in IRL for a while but then they equalized car weight with driver included I think, but it is more of a drawback now trying to "manhandle " these huge "racecars"

tk421

ISLAMATRON wrote: these huge "racecars"
why would you put 'racecars' in quotes?
Best regards. I guess this explains why I'm not at my post!

ISLAMATRON

tk421 wrote:
because they are as far from being a racecar as a racecar can get.... I think my weekend racer could beat them around the Montreal circuit with 300 less HP... they run around 800hp right?

Shrek
Shrek

ISLAMATRON wrote:
tk421 wrote:
because they are as far from being a racecar as a racecar can get.... I think my weekend racer could beat them around the Montreal circuit with 300 less HP... they run around 800hp right?
but remember this there are 1 and a 1/2 tons (3,400 lbs i think to where a F1 car weighs about half of that) so they have a ton of momentum and they are so restricted that they are basically clones except the setup and the engines so they have great reason to be slow
Spencer

autogyro
autogyro

Good ol boys but hardly state of the art technology.
Still those obsolete V8s keep the oil men happy at weekends I suppose.
I wonder if the American F1 attempt has realised the need to go around corners yet.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

autogyro wrote:Good ol boys but hardly state of the art technology.
Still those obsolete V8s keep the oil men happy at weekends I suppose.
I wonder if the American F1 attempt has realised the need to go around corners yet.
No offense, but could you get off of your high horse and stop the ranting about the same subject over and over and over and over again?

Either talk about the subject, which this in this thread happens to be about Danika and Piquet, or else don't bother to post, please.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jddh1

She admitted to taking her hands off the steering wheel (something that open wheel drivers do to avoid breaking their wrists on impact). Therefore I think it was really LUCKY she didn't hit the wall because she did not have control of the car at all.