Formula Lady

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
cad-profi
cad-profi

Formula Lady

...sounds interesting!
http://www.formulalady.com/

Giblet
Giblet

Re: Formula Lady

So they are driving pearl pink Brawns BGP-01's?

If someone tried to start a mens only racing league, I -guarantee- a woman would get mad and demand to get in.

Equality for the sexes just took a big u-turn.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

manchild
manchild

I can already see a place in it for some of the current F1 drivers. Too bad it didn't exist when Ralf retired. :lol:

jon-mullen

Did anyone else's pants just get tighter?

And @Gibs, F1 is already something of a de facto men's racing league. Let's just enjoy this one and not worry about worldwide relations between the sexes. The idea of having thousands of female open-wheel racing fans in one place should clear your mind of the politics.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Hangaku

Personally, I look forward to all the make-up induced crashing in turn 1.
Yer.

carvetia
carvetia

Formula Hun'? #-o

G-Rock
G-Rock

I think it's very sexist. F1 today is open to men and women so why do they need a womens only league.
I think men and women should be treated equally...unless they are stunners like Danica Patrick. She is more equal than the others!
--------------------------------------------------------

Tim.Wright

Put electric motors in these cars and you might have the most politically correct racing series in the world.

Tim
Not the engineer at Force India

roost89
roost89

as good as this sounds. Are there enough, or even more relevant, large number of good enough drivers for this league?

As far as I'm aware. The current crop of F1 drivers are essentially the crême de la crême. I doubt even they find racing easy, at this level.

I'm not aware of how many females participate in this racing as of now. I know there're a few in DTM and IRL/NASCAR (had to lump them together as I'm not sure what series the lassies are in).

Looking at the list, I'm not sure how good they are. Katherine Legge, Susie Stoddart, Danica Patrick and Sarah Fisher are the only ones I've heard of. And I've only seen the DTM pair race (on TV). VIP driver too, so essentially a talented lady driver for each country visited?

Car:
-Carbon Monocoque
-V6 Turbo Engine 600 hp
-Alu Suspension
-Natural Fibre Bodywork
-Slick Tire

Tracks:
Imola, A1 Ring, Zandvoort, Estoril, Valencia and Dubai.

Overall. I'm not convinced.
"It could be done manually. It would take quite a while, but it could be done. There is however a much more efficient and accurate way of getting the data. Men with lasers." Wing Commander Andy Green

Dukeage
Dukeage

Bearing in mind it says a Le Mans Start for the first race, I'm not taking this one seriously unless it actually hits a race track. Even if it does, bearing in mind that they actually want Milka Duno, I'm not sure if I will at all. IIRC someone tried this with a fleet of Mazda RX-7s (or where they RX-8s), possibly run as a support to the BTCC, but with a strict rule of no previous experience (a sort of talent search thing). Ralph Firman's sister won it.

Callum

There is still a long way to go...

"
We look for:
Title-sponsor, Sponsors
Investors
Engine Supplier
Tyre Supplier
Teams
Media Partner
and more..."

i'll happily eat my words, but i dont see this going forward.

jddh1

Callum wrote:There is still a long way to go...

"
We look for:
Title-sponsor, Sponsors
Investors
Engine Supplier
Tyre Supplier
Teams
Media Partner
and more..."

i'll happily eat my words, but i dont see this going forward.
Sounds like Peter Windsor is behind this effort. :lol:

woohoo
woohoo

Looking at the website, it looks like its just some some ones dream. :roll:
The only way to close a stupid question is to give a smart answer

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

woohoo wrote:Looking at the website, it looks like its just some some ones dream. :roll:
It has to be a guys dream since most of the girls are really pretty.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

autogyro
autogyro

Well there are a lot of big girls blouses in motor racing, might suit some of them.
I did ramp up some promotional video for Formula woman, that used the MX5 Mazda.
That worked well for a while.
I do not think it needs a macho geezer these days to drive the cars, the danger is not there anymore. Just skill and stamina.
Women are taking over the leed and non of the bald headed BMW whimps out there have even noticed.
Oh and this Formula Lady is NOT the first all women motor racing, formula woman was.
This is not that goon Briatore is it?