2010 Endurance news

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
vyselegend

2010 Endurance news

This thread will be usefull to post about anything related to endurance (LM GT,LMP, FIA GT, DP...) for 2010, as suggested by Panda :wink:
Note that there are (or will be) dedicated threads for LM24, Sebring 12 and PLM, so this is mainly for general discussion about the other ALMS, LMS and Asian LMS races, as well as a good place to talk about the cars.

The entry list for the Wheels Down Winter Testing, taking place at Sebring the 22 and 23 february, has been published. It's a good occasion to spot 27 (a record!) of the 2010 ALMS protagonists. I regret there's no trace of Oreca, who claimed at PLM that they would do Sebring, which seems unlikely now since they are missing the test, but I could be wrong.

Code: Select all

LMP1
37 // Intersport Racing // Lola B06/10 AER // Field - Field
009 // Aston Martin Racing // Lola Aston Martin // Buncombe – Primat - Fernandez-Mücke

LMP2
1 // Patrón Highcroft Racing // HPD ARX-01c // Brabham – Pagenaud - Franchitti
6 // Team Cytosport // Porsche RS Spyder // Pickett - Graf
16 // Dyson Racing Team // Lola B09/86 Mazda // Dyson – Smith

GT2
17 // Team Falken Tire // Porsche 997 GT3 RSR // Sellers – Henzler
33 // Jaguar RSR // Jaguar XKRS // Gentilozzi – Goossens – Pruett – Drissi
40 // Robertson Racing // Doran Ford GT // Robertson – Robertson – Murry
44 // Flying Lizard Motorsports // Porsche 997 GT3 RSR // TBA – TBA
45 // Flying Lizard Motorsports // Porsche 997 GT3 RSR // TBA - TBA
54 // Black Swan Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 RSR // Pappas – Bleekemolen
62 // Risi Competizione // Ferrari F430 GT2 // Melo – TBA
90 // BMW Rahal Letterman Racing Team // BMW E92 M3 // TBA – TBA
92 // BMW Rahal Letterman Racing Team // BMW E92 M3 // TBA - TBA
01 // Extreme Speed Motorsports // Ferrari F430 GT2 // Sharp – van Overbeek
02 // Extreme Speed Motorsports // Ferrari F430 GT2 // Brown – Cosmo

LMPC
11 // Primetime Race Group // Oreca FLM09 // Feinberg – Marcelli
36 // Genoa Racing // Oreca FLM09 // Connor – TBA
55 // Level 5 Motorsports // Oreca FLM09 // Tucker – Bouchut
89 // Intersport Racing // Oreca FLM09 // Pagerey – Wong
99 // Green Earth Team Gunnar // Oreca FLM09 // Zugel – Jeannette – Julian

GTC
32 // GMG Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 Cup // Curtis – Sofronas
33x // Kelly-Moss Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 Cup // LeSaffre – TBA
44x // GMG Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 Cup // Holden
65 // Kelly–Moss Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 Cup // Walton
69 // P7 Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 Cup // Rodriquez – Bieker
92x // Kelly-Moss Racing // Porsche 997 GT3 Cup // Carlisle - TBA
Also, here are two videos of Acura's ARX 01C first shakedown:

http://www.youtube.com/user/HighcroftTV ... cG_96kXNls

http://www.youtube.com/user/HighcroftTV ... V_kNv6YNT0

vyselegend

Re: 2010 Endurance news

Audi has released a pic of the R15 "plus".
IT's... weird :?

Despite having the car ready in full 2010 spec at sebring, Audi won't contest the 12 hours next saturday... :roll: Instead they will test alongside Peugeot after the race, avoiding the risk to be beaten again. That's so brave... Thanks for the fans, Audi. :evil:

autogyro
autogyro

vyselegend wrote:Audi has released a pic of the R15 "plus".
IT's... weird :?

Despite having the car ready in full 2010 spec at sebring, Audi won't contest the 12 hours next saturday... :roll: Instead they will test alongside Peugeot after the race, avoiding the risk to be beaten again. That's so brave... Thanks for the fans, Audi. :evil:
Who is it driving that Batman?

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

vyselegend wrote: Despite having the car ready in full 2010 spec at sebring, Audi won't contest the 12 hours next saturday... :roll: Instead they will test alongside Peugeot after the race, avoiding the risk to be beaten again. That's so brave... Thanks for the fans, Audi. :evil:
Technically they won Sebring last year.....and it was Peugeot who blocked them from using older car for the race...

Pandamasque

It looks as though they melted the front bodywork so that the 2 impact structures became visible. :?

Giblet
Giblet

Maybe they have taken a page from RBR's nose flares.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

:mrgreen:

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Porsche testing their 911 GT3 R Hybrid (say that 5 times fast). Nico Hulkenberg behind the wheel, I wonder how he got this gig?

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Pandamasque

mx_tifosi wrote:Porsche testing their 911 GT3 R Hybrid (say that 5 times fast). Nico Hulkenberg behind the wheel, I wonder how he got this gig?
Williams Hybrid Systems.

autogyro
autogyro

Pandamasque wrote:
mx_tifosi wrote:Porsche testing their 911 GT3 R Hybrid (say that 5 times fast). Nico Hulkenberg behind the wheel, I wonder how he got this gig?
Williams Hybrid Systems.
Yep, Frank and Patrick have been jetting everywhere doing deals.
Also proves how much better the small teams and their technology is, if you compare in to the Ferrari ancient hybrid systems.

Pandamasque

Carbon
Carbon

I hope all the Endurance Fans here caught last weekend's ALMS from Long Beach - HIGHLY ENTERTAINING, especially the last lap!

2 hours of awesomeness. =D> =D> =D>

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

@ Pandamasque and Autogyro; I was being a little sarcastic with that question, my apologies for not making it clear.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Giblet
Giblet

autogyro wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:
Williams Hybrid Systems.
Yep, Frank and Patrick have been jetting everywhere doing deals.
Also proves how much better the small teams and their technology is, if you compare in to the Ferrari ancient hybrid systems.

I wonder how his golf swing is.

http://blogs.golf.com/equipment/2010/01 ... river.html
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

dumrick
dumrick

On the subject of Dome's withdrawal from competing Le Mans this year, Minoru Hayashi has written an explanatory letter. They will be using the budget to develop the S102 in Japan, while Hayashi explains how the bad experiences they had with the european teams they've worked with has cooled his Le Mans passion.
Minoru Hayashi wrote:We thought once were invincible and being reckless with or without funds and debt, but we have been wilted with the involvement of the Le Mans series due to the unpleasant cases visiting us day after day. The reason when simply explained is that entering Le Mans series with an originally developed racing car costs tremendous amount of money than what people normally guess. And because money is involved in the cause, it leaves us a sour note and uncollected balance and our defrayment expands.

This year should be a year for us to draw a line of the past and I am here wanting to expose our anecdotes behind our challenges, which I have been refusing to reveal about.
What follows is a succession of events dating from 1979 until now, that shows how difficult it is for an independent and small racing car constructor to succeed, mainly when that team is located in Japan but their passion is contesting a yearly race in the middle of Europe. I recommend the reading of the full letter.
Minoru Hayashi wrote:Philosophy of DOME is to be a racing car constructor, and we are not obsessed in any way to run the machine on our own; it’s just that when we have not been able to find a partner, we are running this on our own. Ideally, having a specialized team running the machine we have developed will be desirable. As I have exposed our secrets of our experience, all the conflicts with the teams from the past have made me inactive. Seeking for sponsors is not my cup of tea, and I do not want to rely on sponsors during the race. And I do not want to be fallen so low to take charity from someone wealthy. All these would lead us to do this out of our own pocket, although this decision brings emptiness.