The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
ISLAMATRON

Re: The "Fanboy Ying Yang" thread

McLaren should pump this into the radio of any driver THE BOSS is about to sacrifice

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijWt4I13F3w[/youtube]

donskar
donskar

Re: I will race/raced my heart out?!?!?!?!?!

Sambo wrote:
Poleman wrote:I have to say that this thread has no place in this forum whatsoever.It does not need moving it needs deleting...I dont see the point,what if everyone start a new thread bashing on the words that drivers we hate (or better dislike) say?Its a complete waste of time...Someone who follows this forum including myself could easily say "Get A Life" to this kind of threads. [-X Focus on racing and not PR.
My words exactly....well said!!
+1

Coming across this thread for the first time (as I am doing) is like looking under a large rock!
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

You guys are missing the bigger picture.

I'd very much rather that this sort of posting be contained in one thread, or as little threads as possible, so that it's not all over the place. Although it can't be properly dealt with 100% of the time.

Same with insects, I'd rather they stay hidden under the rock than be on the outside for everyone to see and step on. No one has to look under the rock if they don't want to.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Mr Alcatraz

Re: Malaysian GP 2010 - Sepang

ISLAMATRON wrote:If there is any 1 driver that LH can pass it is Sutil... straight humiliated him in F3 when they were teammates. The FIF1 was just enough of a match for the MCLN on the straights and actually faster in the twisty bits. Good on that team for dumping Gascoyne and producing an increasingly better car for the last two years.
Good point. Sutil and "The Boss" could trade cars and LH would probably punk him pretty easily on heavy fuel!
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

andartop
andartop

Also, he walks on water and can turn piss to wine!

So, to sum up, Lewis is the best of the best ever and ever, when he wins is due to his amazing skills but when he loses its because his car is not good enough, without him life would be meaningless and he could probably in fact beat Rossi and Loeb as well if he chose to go to Moto GP or WRC. Furthermore, he can resurrect the dead, predict the weather and boil an egg blindfolded.

Can we move on now please?
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

Poleman

andartop wrote:Also, he walks on water and can turn piss to wine!

So, to sum up, Lewis is the best of the best ever and ever, when he wins is due to his amazing skills but when he loses its because his car is not good enough, without him life would be meaningless and he could probably in fact beat Rossi and Loeb as well if he chose to go to Moto GP or WRC. Furthermore, he can resurrect the dead, predict the weather and boil an egg blindfolded.

Can we move on now please?
ROFL...I dont know what you are on dude but seem amazing stuff.... :lol: :lol:

He can also slap you without moving his hand,preety much like Chuck Norris... :lol: :lol: Furthermore he tries to give a DAMN about what you believe for him but even HE..the ONE...cannot! :lol: :lol:

andartop
andartop

:lol:
Just been transferred from the Malaysian GP 2010 thread, along with the post above mine..
Have a look, it's a great laugh!
:lol:
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents. H.P.Lovecraft

ringo

Alonso fans, why is is that Massa seems faster?
Not basing this on WC points, but it's possible Alonso will be following behind the Massa monorail in most races.
What's up with the Alonso qualifying pace? The race pace can't help him much (outside of pitstops) if all he's going to do is line up behind the Massa train.
Alonso is special, but Massa is taking off some of his shine. What's more Alonso is not showing much in the way of skill and technique outside of what the others are doing.
Maybe he is holding back, but things start to look worrying if Massa keeps doing what he is doing. :mrgreen:
For Sure!!

jon-mullen

Why was he slower than Kimi for most of 2005? Is that all there is to it? There must be something more, because iirc, he won the championship that year...and the next (with one chassis no less)...

He's conservative, there's no doubting that, but he gets the job done. Spending most of the race on his teammate's ass with that downshift problem in Malaysia wasn't exactly what I'd call a lack of skill either.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

ringo

So he has more skill in his fingers? :mrgreen:
He adopted to the problem well, but i don't see it as something any other driver would not do.
He changed down late when braking hard. During braking is where the engines power is less of a factor to the lap time. He was pretty resourceful there, but it's not really something to gawk at.
He gets the job done... for sure. :mrgreen:
But how does he get it done if Massa is just as fast on track and slightly better qualifying?
What does he have in his arsenal?

There is a saying that goes; jack of all trades but master of none.
Alonso is claimed to be the "most complete" but what stands out about him?

Not bashing, in fact he's top class on my list, but it seems he has no answer to Massa at the moment.
For Sure!!

jon-mullen

ringo wrote:So he has more skill in his fingers? :mrgreen:
I don't know, you'd have to ask Raquel del Rosario that one. :wink:
ringo wrote:But how does he get it done if Massa is just as fast on track and slightly better qualifying?
I think you're right that he's going to have to find some quali pace if he's going to make it look easy, but he does seem to have Massa beat on race pace. Maybe a couple bump 'n' runs a la Germany 07 will get him there. :mrgreen:
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Mr Alcatraz

ringo wrote:Alonso fans, why is is that Massa seems faster?
Massa is fast. Ferrari have 2 count them two fast pilots!
In the F1 I've watched it appears that Fred is about .5 faster than "The Bulk"
But let's not let reality mess up a good bashing. It must suck to be a I think the Aussies say "pom" and have "The Boss" be your Michael Jordan Tiger Woods and Eddie the Eagle all rolled into one. He's your next great miler He is your best hope for a gold medal in the winter Olympics. He will deliver the world cup back to it's rightful home. It's the frustration you feel when you realize your country actually sucks in most sports. Maybe Bulk seemed faster because of the way he punked the reining champ in the last race while Fred drove it without a clutch.
Either way they are both ahead of the boss in points this season. It's OK, as the season progresses. we will see how things shake down. So talk --- while you can!
I do have one question an actual Brit maybe able to answer for me. Do you empty your prisons every time one of your countrymen wins a GP. It may explain why this site has every thread hijacked by the Anglo/Mafia, and all the sheep go into hiding!!
Have a God blessed day!

Miguel
Miguel

jon-mullen wrote:
I've heard some rumours they divorced. But that's that. Pure gossip.

Regarding Massa's speed, where have you seen Massa being quicker? Bahrain Q3 and Australia lap 1 apart, I haven't seen a faster Massa. And before you talk about how little Alonso's clutch may have cost him, take into account that might be the reason why he couldn't really get past button. It also might have meant losing the seamless gearbox, and that alone is a couple of tenths. In spite of that, Alonso's fastest lap was half a second faster than Massa's.
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

Mr Alcatraz

Miguel wrote:
jon-mullen wrote:
I've heard some rumours they divorced. But that's that. Pure gossip.

Regarding Massa's speed, where have you seen Massa being quicker? Bahrain Q3 and Australia lap 1 apart, I haven't seen a faster Massa. And before you talk about how little Alonso's clutch may have cost him, take into account that might be the reason why he couldn't really get past button. It also might have meant losing the seamless gearbox, and that alone is a couple of tenths. In spite of that, Alonso's fastest lap was half a second faster than Massa's.
Miguel,
These bashers suffer from selective amnesia. The fact that Fred stayed behind Massa and tail gunned the --- out of the Boss instead of passing "the Bulk" as easy as LH would have(and never complained, or said he took a bullet for the team) tells them in their small brains that Massa was faster than Fred. And Fred can't handle a competitive team-mate It's no more than wishful thinking, or the perverse pleasure that some sociopaths get by thinking by making someone else look bad it makes them (or the person they live their life vicariously through)look better.
It is more than a little ironic that one of their greatest nathional treasures
explained this behavior in one of the greatestest works ever written in the English language.

Hamlet:
They bear the mandate, they must sweep my way
And marshal me to knavery. Let it work;
For 'tis the sport to have the enginer
Hoist with his own petard, an't shall go hard
But I will delve one yard below their mines
And blow them at the moon.

Hamlet Act 3, scene 4, 204–209

In the words of "Old Hickory"
This done "By the Almighty"

ringo

Selective amnesia is a side effect of the Ying Ying particle exposure.

Alonso had a clutch problem, yes i'll concede to that. But at the same time i don't think his 0.5s faster lap says much about the speed difference between the 2. Remember they could be running at different power levels with that poor fuel efficiency carburetor engine they got there in that F10. :mrgreen: They have this red choke plunger they pull that dumps fuel through the jets to get more speed to over take.

Jokes aside, Alonso is better at maximizing grip, so the tyres wear less. He doesn't slide around, so when all the fuel is burned off his tyre advantage will be more pronounced.
For Sure!!