The Fanboy Yin Yang Thread

Post anything that doesn't belong in any other forum, including gaming and topics unrelated to motorsport. Site specific discussions should go in the site feedback forum.
Miguel
Miguel

Re: The "Fanboy Ying Yang" thread

ringo wrote:Selective amnesia is a side effect of the Ying Ying particle exposure.

Alonso had a clutch problem, yes i'll concede to that. But at the same time i don't think his 0.5s faster lap says much about the speed difference between the 2. Remember they could be running at different power levels with that poor fuel efficiency carburetor engine they got there in that F10. :mrgreen: They have this red choke plunger they pull that dumps fuel through the jets to get more speed to over take.

Jokes aside, Alonso is better at maximizing grip, so the tyres wear less. He doesn't slide around, so when all the fuel is burned off his tyre advantage will be more pronounced.
I don't remember suffering selective amnesia. Sorry. In any case, Alonso's fastest lap was made with 8 laps of fuel more than Massa, and when Felipe was busy perhaps trying to catch Hamilton. Is that representative? Maybe. Maybe not.

If you say that Alonso slides less, and then you say that he maximises his grip better than massa, and that it would result in a pronounced tyre advantage... aren't you saying that Alonso is a better driver?
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

"Prediction is very difficult, especially about the future." Niels Bohr

nipo
nipo

Let's look at Alonso's career at Ferrari so far:

Bahrain - Won. Nice.
Melbourne - Settled behind Massa. He had the pace to attempt a pass, but he didn't, for being a "team player".
Malaysia - Shitty pit calls on Saturday. Broken clutch on Sunday, finished off by a blown engine. Overtaken by Massa in the points.

Not the best of progress.

Pace-wise he obviously has the upper hand on Massa. Not sure if this is down to car condition, development preference or outright skill (probably all), but Alonso suffered from circumstances and a visible downturn of fortunes in the last two races. If this continues for another race or two, the Alonso I know would probably start yelling about "feeling like number two". If it goes on and on, he'll just trigger another scandal much like the way he did at McLaren and Renault.

Honestly I was very surprised at myself yelling big YESes when he spun at turn 1 in Melbourne and also when his engine blew in Sepang. After all, I am a Ferrari fan.

God, I must dislike him a lot.

Mr Alcatraz

nipo wrote:Let's look at Alonso's career at Ferrari so far:

Bahrain - Won. Nice.
Melbourne - Settled behind Massa. He had the pace to attempt a pass, but he didn't, for being a "team player".
Malaysia - Shitty pit calls on Saturday. Broken clutch on Sunday, finished off by a blown engine. Overtaken by Massa in the points.

Not the best of progress.

Pace-wise he obviously has the upper hand on Massa. Not sure if this is down to car condition, development preference or outright skill (probably all), but Alonso suffered from circumstances and a visible downturn of fortunes in the last two races. If this continues for another race or two, the Alonso I know would probably start yelling about "feeling like number two". If it goes on and on, he'll just trigger another scandal much like the way he did at McLaren and Renault.

Honestly I was very surprised at myself yelling big YESes when he spun at turn 1 in Melbourne and also when his engine blew in Sepang. After all, I am a Ferrari fan.

God, I must dislike him a lot.
You'll warm up to him. I couldn't stand the P***k when he was beating Mike :mrgreen:
Those who believe in telekinetics raise my hand

ringo

Miguel wrote:
ringo wrote:Selective amnesia is a side effect of the Ying Ying particle exposure.

Alonso had a clutch problem, yes i'll concede to that. But at the same time i don't think his 0.5s faster lap says much about the speed difference between the 2. Remember they could be running at different power levels with that poor fuel efficiency carburetor engine they got there in that F10. :mrgreen: They have this red choke plunger they pull that dumps fuel through the jets to get more speed to over take.

Jokes aside, Alonso is better at maximizing grip, so the tyres wear less. He doesn't slide around, so when all the fuel is burned off his tyre advantage will be more pronounced.
I don't remember suffering selective amnesia. Sorry. In any case, Alonso's fastest lap was made with 8 laps of fuel more than Massa, and when Felipe was busy perhaps trying to catch Hamilton. Is that representative? Maybe. Maybe not.

If you say that Alonso slides less, and then you say that he maximises his grip better than massa, and that it would result in a pronounced tyre advantage... aren't you saying that Alonso is a better driver?
I did not say Alonso is not a better driver. Of course he is a better driver than Massa. What i am highlighting is if being marginally better but not being able to qualify ahead of Massa will throw a spanner in the works for Alonso.
Alonso is top tier of course. I just don't see what tools he can use to get past Massa if Massa keeps qualifying ahead of him.
For Sure!!

Giblet
Giblet

His clutch? 8)
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute

vall
vall

Miguel wrote:Regarding Massa's speed, where have you seen Massa being quicker? Bahrain Q3 and Australia lap 1 apart, I haven't seen a faster Massa. And before you talk about how little Alonso's clutch may have cost him, take into account that might be the reason why he couldn't really get past button. It also might have meant losing the seamless gearbox, and that alone is a couple of tenths. In spite of that, Alonso's fastest lap was half a second faster than Massa's.
+1 This was also my impression that The Bulk was faster in just 2 sessions. I did not look at the statistics, but there is no doubt in my mind that Alonso is faster.

ringo

Alonso is not blazinlgy quicker, i think the difference between the 2 drivers is probably 1 tenth if both are at 100% and their car's are at 100%.
Both have to be driving in the same fashion over a race distance to truly say which one is quicker. Take Webber and Vettel for example, Webber is more likely to put in a faster lap, even though he is always behind and slower than Vettel. Vettel is usually so far ahead in the race that when the fuel is low he's probably at 80% focusing on just bringing the car home, while Webber has the pedal to the metal trying to catch up.

All will be clearer when we get through more races. I expect Massa to keep qualifying ahead, and it's usually the outright faster driver that wins the qualifying battle.
For Sure!!

Miguel
Miguel

ringo wrote:All will be clearer when we get through more races. I expect Massa to keep qualifying ahead, and it's usually the outright faster driver that wins the qualifying battle.
Please note that "Massa keeps qualifying ahead of Alonso" currently means 2 to 1... to Alonso. Funnily enough, the one race where Alonso was ahead of Massa after Turn 1 was Bahrain!
I am not amazed by F1 cars in Monaco. I want to see them driving in the A8 highway: Variable radius corners, negative banking, and extreme narrowings that Tilke has never dreamed off. Oh, yes, and "beautiful" weather tops it all.

ISLAMATRON

Re: Chinese GP 2010 - Shanghai

Belatti wrote:A flag form the chinese grandstands...

:roll:
They forgot "Race Fixer"

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Here you go...

:lol: Paint FTW!

EDIT: Replaced with new version that includes 2X WC.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

jon-mullen

mx_tifosi wrote:EDIT: Replaced with new version that includes 2X WC.
Fair and balanced, I love it.
Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

ISLAMATRON

mx_tifosi wrote:Here you go...

:lol: Paint FTW!

EDIT: Replaced with new version that includes 2X WC.
I thought everyone has understood that the Michilen man was the 2XWDC, and not Fred, What has he done since Michilen has left the scene?

Dont forget to add Blackmailer to the list.

jon-mullen

ISLAMATRON wrote:I thought everyone has understood that the Michilen man was the 2XWDC, and not Fred, What has he done since Michilen has left the scene?

Dont forget to add Blackmailer to the list.
You're traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of lap times and podiums but of opinion; a journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's the signpost up ahead — your next stop, the Fanboi Zone.

Loud idiot in red since 2010
United States Grand Prix Club, because there's more to racing than NASCAR

Miguel
Miguel

ISLAMATRON wrote:
Belatti wrote:A flag form the chinese grandstands...

:roll:
They forgot "Race Fixer"
This is totally OT, but someone should tell the guy with the Nikon D40* that the pop-up flash is rated up to 12m, and that it isn't going to do anything worthy for him from that distance. Well, other than draining his battery, that is.

* It could as well be a D60 or a D3000, it's almost the same body.

BTW: Islamatron, the only +5 "particle" that I know of is a boron nucleus. Not exactly what you'd call a point particle. At least it's stable.

Giblet
Giblet

I'm starting to think Rosberg is actually quicker than Schumacher.
Before I do anything I ask myself “Would an idiot do that?” And if the answer is yes, I do not do that thing. - Dwight Schrute