China's stranglehold of electric vehicles

Breaking news, useful data or technical highlights or vehicles that are not meant to race. You can post commercial vehicle news or developments here.
Please post topics on racing variants in "other racing categories".
autogyro
autogyro

Re: China's stranglehold of electric vehicles

I know a guy who lives on a tiny Scotish Island.
The Islanders saved and bought both their own Island and a number of wind turbines.
Now they are fully self sufficient on energy and make a tidy sum from the excess they feed into the national grid.
Like I said Shrek, everybody is different.
To advise you would take a lot more information.

autogyro
autogyro

One thing did occur to me from your post Shrek.
With the expertise available on this site, it should be no problem to gain some ideas on sorting one problem I see all the time with alternate energy.
How to manufacture and supply wind turbines and other alternate energy devices in such a way as to reach the public for personal use at a cost effective level.
At present prices are to high for most people to afford, even with the new grants etc.

xxChrisxx
xxChrisxx

Auto you've had some pretty poetic posts in this thread, although I do disagree with some of the content, they were eloquently put.

autogyro
autogyro

xxChrisxx wrote:Auto you've had some pretty poetic posts in this thread, although I do disagree with some of the content, they were eloquently put.
Sir,I have found you an argument; but I am not obliged to find you an undrstanding. 'Samuel Johnson'

Edis
Edis

autogyro wrote:I know a guy who lives on a tiny Scotish Island.
The Islanders saved and bought both their own Island and a number of wind turbines.
Now they are fully self sufficient on energy and make a tidy sum from the excess they feed into the national grid.
Well, isn't living on subsidies great huh? Because that's the only way to make money on wind power. I also guess they happily live without power the days the wind isn't blowing?

As for the main point of this thread. If wouldn't have been possible to use NiMH batteries in cars on a large scale simply because the nickel consumption would have been to great.

autogyro
autogyro

Edis wrote:
Well, isn't living on subsidies great huh? Because that's the only way to make money on wind power. I also guess they happily live without power the days the wind isn't blowing?

As for the main point of this thread. If wouldn't have been possible to use NiMH batteries in cars on a large scale simply because the nickel consumption would have been to great.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gigha

Perhaps you would like to ask them yourself about their wind turbines Edis?

If you did wish to use NiMh batteries, develop a method of recycling the nickel.
It is still there when the battery is dead, unlike petrol or diesel.

WhiteBlue

Edis wrote:
Now they are fully self sufficient on energy and make a tidy sum from the excess they feed into the national grid....
The usual crap from Edis. When the wind is not blowing these guys will get power from the grid. The grid is there to equalize production and demand from different sources and users over larger areas. Wind power has received less tax payers subsidies than other energy sources which are not renewable. On the other hand wind power has dramatically increased efficiency and unit output and provides high employment in the manufacturing industry and maintenance compared to other power sources.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

flynfrog

WhiteBlue wrote:
Edis wrote:
Now they are fully self sufficient on energy and make a tidy sum from the excess they feed into the national grid....
The usual crap from Edis. When the wind is not blowing these guys will get power from the grid. The grid is there to equalize production and demand from different sources and users over larger areas. Wind power has received less tax payers subsidies than other energy sources which are not renewable. On the other hand wind power has dramatically increased efficiency and unit output and provides high employment in the manufacturing industry and maintenance compared to other power sources.

[-X wrong wind power is receiving 600% more subsidies than non renewable power sources. Solar is even worse.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/01/26/o ... -for-green
However, a recent report by the independent German economics think tank, RWI, noted that the solar electricity feed-in tariff of 59 cents per kilowatt-hour in 2009 is more than eight times higher than the wholesale electricity price and more than four times the feed-in tariff paid for electricity produced by on-shore wind turbines.

autogyro
autogyro

All based on the fabricated climate exchange concept that converts saving energy and reducing CO2 to some American Dream greed system monetary exchange.
Pathetic.

WhiteBlue

flynfrog wrote:
WhiteBlue wrote:
Edis wrote: Well, isn't living on subsidies great huh? Because that's the only way to make money on wind power. I also guess they happily live without power the days the wind isn't blowing?

[-X wrong wind power is receiving 600% more subsidies than non renewable power sources. Solar is even worse.

http://reason.com/archives/2010/01/26/o ... -for-green
However, a recent report by the independent German economics think tank, RWI, noted that the solar electricity feed-in tariff of 59 cents per kilowatt-hour in 2009 is more than eight times higher than the wholesale electricity price and more than four times the feed-in tariff paid for electricity produced by on-shore wind turbines.
You should not be looking at actual levels but at historical accumulation. It took us a long while to start investment in solar and wind on a level we did nuclear for 60 years.

The solar feed in tariffs are based on the consumption tariffs for small users. If you are charged big time you need to be paid big time as well.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

flynfrog

WhiteBlue wrote:
You should not be looking at actual levels but at historical accumulation. It took us a long while to start investment in solar and wind on a level we did nuclear for 60 years.

The solar feed in tariffs are based on the consumption tariffs for small users. If you are charged big time you need to be paid big time as well.
here in the states they are paying 600% to any wind farm. Makes tons of sense to pay some one to produce at a loss. I guess we do it with corn production you can see where that has got us.

autogyro
autogyro

Always they conveniently forget about all the nuclear waste that is going to cost future generations a huge percentage of their wealth both in money and social cohesion to deal with.
Nuclear is a filthy poison leeching off this planet and controlled by a corrupt world system of criminal economics.

flynfrog

What like pulling it back out of the ground to reuse the fuel? You act like they are just putting it in a hole with a tarp over it.