Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
vyselegend

Re: Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Talking about the EE1 IP, there was an advanced EE2 project last year, the car even had a slot in the entry list (plus a second one in the reserve list). But they withdrawed both, two month before the race.

That's another one for the "cars that never raced" list sadly. I think it was supposed to be a new monocoque, not just an EE1 evo. But since no pics of the car ever filtered, it's possible it didn't even reached the full size model step.
Racingmaniac wrote:Sucks that I won't be able to watch this on TV this year....will be in Montreal for the F1 race on the same weekend...
Sorry to tease you mate, but I just realised I'll be able to watch Canadian GP right back home from Le Mans, thanks to the 6h+ time lag! \:D/

Pandamasque

vyselegend wrote:Sorry to tease you mate, but I just realised I'll be able to watch Canadian GP right back home from Le Mans, thanks to the 6h+ time lag! \:D/
Erm... yes, the F1 race is a few hours after the 24 mark but... when the hell are you going to sleep? :shock:

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Its more of a case of my US smart phone will cost a fortune to stream data in Canada. Unless there is WiFi at the track(good luck). Or else I'd follow at least live-timing for the French race....

Too bad too because this year has potential to be yet another epic Peugeot vs Audi classic...

vyselegend

Pandamasque wrote:
vyselegend wrote:Sorry to tease you mate, but I just realised I'll be able to watch Canadian GP right back home from Le Mans, thanks to the 6h+ time lag! \:D/
Erm... yes, the F1 race is a few hours after the 24 mark but... when the hell are you going to sleep? :shock:
Lol, don't bother me with such trivial things... 8)

I just hope monday won't be too busy at work, 'cause I'll certainly feel like sh*t...

Pandamasque wrote:
dumrick wrote:In 2011, the number of cars to be selected in the usual way will still be 55, but a 56th spot will be reserved for a team with a specific and original project.
That sounds like some kind of Porsche Hybrid.
Or even a full-electric Courage Prototype!
Pandamasque wrote:PS: absolutely love the Art M3. Just imagine the night shots!
There's a nice retrospective of BMW's art cars from the past on endurance-series:
:arrow: http://www.endurance-series.com/la-saga ... ars/10508/
RacingManiac wrote:Its more of a case of my US smart phone will cost a fortune to stream data in Canada. Unless there is WiFi at the track(good luck). Or else I'd follow at least live-timing for the French race....

Too bad too because this year has potential to be yet another epic Peugeot vs Audi classic...
I sure hope so! Have some good fun in Montreal, and don't forget to share your experience on F1T! :wink:

Pandamasque

Pandamasque

vyselegend

Unofficial spotter guides are available!

Please download them at http://www.spotterguides.com/. Thanks to them for the hard work! Very good as usual... =D>

WhiteBlue

Is there any word out about high quality online feeds for the race? I wouldn't mind paying a fee. I just don't want to go to the trouble of subscribing to Eurosport2 satellite distribution. Online feeds compatible with Mac would be super but if all fails I would dual boot Windows for the race.
Last edited by WhiteBlue on 08 Jun 2010, 19:35, edited 1 time in total.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

dumrick
dumrick

Eurosport has the exclusive of the race for Europe and once again will cover all 24 hours of it, so Eurosport Player is an option for online streaming, for anyone away from a TV.

http://videos.eurosport.com/eurosport-p ... ser.shtml?

WhiteBlue

Thanks dumrick for the URL. I tried it and my Mac isn't playing the tech check video with Safari. I will try with another browser and if that doesn't help go to windows for the race weekend.

Edit: Firefox with OSX 10.6 works.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

Pandamasque

dumrick
dumrick

vyselegend wrote:Unofficial spotter guides are available!
That's a great work from them but, in a first glance, they seem to have, at least, the liveries of the #69 JLOC Lambo, #92 JMW Aston and #75 Prospeed & #97 BMS Scuderia Italia Porsches wrong.

The final preview from Planetlemans is online. It's the GT2 category preview.

Pandamasque

dumrick wrote:
vyselegend wrote:Unofficial spotter guides are available!
That's a great work from them but, in a first glance, they seem to have, at least, the liveries of the #69 JLOC Lambo, #92 JMW Aston and #75 Prospeed & #97 BMS Scuderia Italia Porsches wrong.

The final preview from Planetlemans is online. It's the GT2 category preview.
Some liveies were unveiled after Andy Blackmore's spotters guide was published.

wesley123
wesley123

I dont really understand what it means.

I believe audi ran the same rear wing last year, dunno why it wouldnt be legal now, anyway the rear wing seems to be having an really low AoA
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Holm86

wesley123 wrote:
I dont really understand what it means.

I believe audi ran the same rear wing last year, dunno why it wouldnt be legal now, anyway the rear wing seems to be having an really low AoA

It slopes upwards toward the endplates ... i guess it has to be uniform in its shape from endplate to endplate.
And yes you are right the AoA is very low.