Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Holm86

Re: Le Mans 24 hours 2010

wesley123 wrote:
I dont really understand what it means.

I believe audi ran the same rear wing last year, dunno why it wouldnt be legal now, anyway the rear wing seems to be having an really low AoA

It slopes upwards toward the endplates ... i guess it has to be uniform in its shape from endplate to endplate.
And yes you are right the AoA is very low.

dumrick
dumrick

Holm86 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
I dont really understand what it means.

I believe audi ran the same rear wing last year, dunno why it wouldnt be legal now, anyway the rear wing seems to be having an really low AoA
It slopes upwards toward the endplates ... i guess it has to be uniform in its shape from endplate to endplate.
And yes you are right the AoA is very low.
Of course it has a low AoA: it's a Le Mans configuration!

I've read Article 3.6.3 of the ACO regulations and I see no reason why the profiles must be uniform. Actually, the Oreca 01 had already last year profiles with diverse sections over its span.
Pandamasque wrote:Some liveies were unveiled after Andy Blackmore's spotters guide was published.
Sure they were. I was just mentioning it to warn the "casual spotter".

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

RS Spyder ran non-uniform airfoil for 2 seasons now I think...I think the Acura had too...

BTW is there a site to look at live-timing even for the practice session?

dumrick
dumrick

I'm trying http://www.lemans.org/fr/courses/24h-ch ... -2010.html, but it seems not to be working...

dumrick
dumrick

Grosjean was the first victim of the track this year, seemed to go straight on on the first right of the Porsches.

Green flags at 18h00 CET.

fenix4life
fenix4life

for those interessted it can be viewed on http://www.atdhe.net/15375/watch-24-hours-of-le-mans

WhiteBlue

The second "girl" car also crashed.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vyselegend

fenix4life wrote:for those interessted it can be viewed on http://www.atdhe.net/15375/watch-24-hours-of-le-mans
This is not working for me. :(

This is working, live timing down the page (top 18): http://www.lemans.org/fr/courses/24h/presentation

here for full ranking. (EDIT: actually same link dumrick posted already. sorry for the repeat)

Peugeot are currently filling the top four, with cars unsurprisingly already in the 3'20 ...

Pandamasque

dumrick wrote:
Pandamasque wrote:Some liveies were unveiled after Andy Blackmore's spotters guide was published.
Sure they were. I was just mentioning it to warn the "casual spotter".
vyselegend wrote:Please download them at http://www.spotterguides.com/. Thanks to them for the hard work! Very good as usual... =D>
Now UPDATED with latest livery changes.

vyselegend

Watching qualy live now on the eurosport player. But no sign of a free stream yet...

I think the real chase for pole is tonight, as rain is forcasted for tomorrow.

WhiteBlue

VL do you get higher resolutions? I only get standard which is very poor.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vyselegend

Yes, "High Quality" is working, but it's nothing impressive in full screen. Often the case with silverlight anyway...

I'm on a XP netbook with firefox 3.6.3

Curiously I've got less lag with "high quality" than "standars" though.

WhiteBlue

I'm on a MacPro with FF 3.6.3 as well and Very High was no problem earlier at 18:00 hours. Now I'm only getting "loading". Probably too much demand from Germany. I hate the localization anyway. English commentary would be much better. But I don't know how to get it. The cookies allways seem to select the bloody German version which is basically both languages.Irritating like hell.

Red Flag

vyselegend

Well, I won't complain for the french version this time round because we're blessed with Henri Pescarollo as the main speaker! 8)

The Red falg is because of the #88 GT2 Porsche Felbermayr Proton which seemingly spun on the straight bit between mulsanne and Indianapolis. No apparent damage. Few seconds before the interuptions the #4 908 Oreca was stopped near Arnage. (and apparently is still there...)

Session restarted now.

Pandamasque

To me that looked like a rather comprehensive crash. Must be a blowout.