Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
vyselegend

Re: Le Mans 24 hours 2010

Another red flag.

#96 GT2 Ferrari F430 AF Corse crashed at the karting. No news yet of Mattias Russo who's extracted from the car by the doctors...

EDIT: session restarted. 30mn to go.

Oreca's 908 won't take the track again as it's forbiden by the rules that a car brought back by truck get back to the track, unlike test sessions.

Olivier Panis & Loic Duval will have to qualify tomorrow.

WhiteBlue

Bourdais is looking hot for pole.

Audi 4s behind.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

WhiteBlue

Good show at Le Mans at the first Night qualifying. Tomorrow it is supposed to be wet. So the grid is not expected to change much.

Alan McNish was quite positive that on Saturday things would be different but 4 s/lap is a tall handicap to make up. I'm not very confident for the Audi force.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

vyselegend

Wow,Audi crew looks very happy of the R15+ performance:

:mrgreen:

Jokking appart, I believe the situation is not so bad. Allan seemed a bit nervous, but if you look carefully, the 2009 R15 was already capable of 3'24 laptimes, so with the R15+ much better overall, it has obviously a lot more potential.

Timo Bernhard said they were only focusing on the race, testing different brake discs etc. Henry Pescarollo said that's what a team struggling to reach their opponent pace would say, which is true. But since it is Audi we're talking about, I'm not too worried. After all hiding their pace a tradition for them.

I regret there was no speed trap data.

The one thing puzzling me is about the tyres. From what I heard Audi after 2009 asked Michelin to develop special tyres for their car. Peugeot obviously choose to follow the same route.

Both cars are now on bespoke tyres, which makes direct comparisons irrelevant. I don't like that game, I'd prefer to have them share a common range of product as before... It's not Michelin's usual philosophy also.

Anyway, I'm going to sleep now. I'm leaving for the track tomorrow morning.

Enjoy your week end guys. See ya after the race! :wink:

dumrick
dumrick

vyselegend wrote:I regret there was no speed trap data.
Likewise. RCE mentioned via Twitter:
Racecar Engineering wrote:Peugeot quickest on the Mulsanne at 213mph but Audi right there
That's about 343km/h and already faster than last year.

Pandamasque

vyselegend wrote:The one thing puzzling me is about the tyres. From what I heard Audi after 2009 asked Michelin to develop special tyres for their car. Peugeot obviously choose to follow the same route.

Both cars are now on bespoke tyres, which makes direct comparisons irrelevant. I don't like that game, I'd prefer to have them share a common range of product as before... It's not Michelin's usual philosophy also.
+ it's another thing that makes life harder for privateers. So many amazing teams in LMP1 are effectively fighting for P7 #-o

Any news on the AF Corse crashed by Russo? I heard that car is so badly damaged it may be terminal.

RacingManiac
RacingManiac

Trap Speed From today...
http://orig.lemans.oceanet.eu/iframes/2 ... _speed.pdf

Audi and Peugeot has identical recorded speed...217+mph...

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Belatti
Belatti

vyselegend wrote:Another red flag.

#96 GT2 Ferrari F430 AF Corse crashed at the karting. No news yet of Mattias Russo who's extracted from the car by the doctors...
Any news now? Where can I see what happened?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Is it really a Peugeot 1-2-3-4????? :o
More could have been done.
David Purley

wesley123
wesley123

Holm86 wrote:
wesley123 wrote:
I dont really understand what it means.

I believe audi ran the same rear wing last year, dunno why it wouldnt be legal now, anyway the rear wing seems to be having an really low AoA

It slopes upwards toward the endplates ... i guess it has to be uniform in its shape from endplate to endplate.
And yes you are right the AoA is very low.
Well, I believe they didnt change that rulings for this year.
Last year audi ran similair wing without a problem(either they didnt mind or they were too much b*tching about other parts on the car)
"Bite my shiny metal ass" - Bender

Pandamasque

Is anyone else sad enough to notice that YD AMR used different brand of wheels for scrutineering?
In the past the Prodrive cars and most customers ran with OZ Racing wheels, but YD AMR used BBS both in FIA-GT1 and LMS. For scrutineering they switched to OZ only to appear out of the garage with BBS again. Hmmm....

Btw, the new chassis that was destroyed at Spa 1000km was replaced by the former Gigawave car that won Silverstone 1000km last year. This is the one.
Belatti wrote:Any news now? Where can I see what happened?
I can't find any pics I heard it has the rear end severely 'remodelled'. The engine may be damaged.

WhiteBlue

Qualifying is on. Track is still damp and speeds are lower than yesterday.

Pandamasque

Retired:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j478NLSp7A0[/youtube]

Belatti
Belatti

Pandamasque wrote:Retired:
#-o

What a pitty, I wanted to see how they do there.
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna