Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Blackout

Re: Renault R31

Where is this pitot tube ?

raymondu999

I don't see a pitot tube, but I see a hole in the floor. Is that even allowed?! :?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

Blackout

Where is this hole ? :lol:

raymondu999

Near the sidepod deflectors and the golden words on (what I think is) the bargeboard. You can see tarmac.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

timbo
timbo

raymondu999 wrote:Near the sidepod deflectors and the golden words on (what I think is) the bargeboard. You can see tarmac.
This is not a hole in the floor.
This is just an area between badgeboard (vertical) and the floor.

raymondu999

Oh. So basically an edge that isn't squared off?
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

manchild
manchild

They've changed bits. Additional deflector, thicker/dull exhaust heat protector, and there's a small horizontal part of CF just in-front exhaust.

quidam
quidam

Exhaust exit :

humble sabot

manchild wrote:I just said "like for ABS" to suggest that it is a rotating part with teething for sensor readout. What is the real purpose of this gadget on R31 is yet to be found out.

Diameter of the aperture in which it is laid in, clearly suggests that it is done so to enable the angular movement of shaft together with suspension.

It could be additional KERS generator powered with front wheels rotation when brakes are engaged.

Regarding gold, gold isn't good for heat reception but rejection. Someone with more knowledge than me on materials already said that aluminum can't be used for sensor teething readout, so I've mentioned gold-plated, since it is definitely not just yellow paint.

I reckon gold can be used for readout?

BTW, since when did they started placing ECU in front of the chassis?
Looks like old school cadmium plating to me. Which would tell you that it's aluminium underneath.
the four immutable forces:
static balance
dynamic balance
static imbalance
dynamic imbalance

marcush.
marcush.

with the angles involved these 10 or so teeth will not really give you a lot ,right? So don´t waste your time on this ,I´d say.Maybe it´s as simple as some splines ?I have heard about ARB ends to be splined...You could put a shell Sleeve around it to mate to the bearing and voila you got something.

horse

Interesting to see how the barge board is now integrated into the floor at the turning vane. The "tunnels" for the exhaust to flow into look more pronounced now as well.
"Words are for meaning: when you've got the meaning, you can forget the words." - Chuang Tzu

Carlo's
Carlo's

- A new front wing has been installed on the car and the team conducted surveys to verify aero efficiency. Les premières impressions sont positives. First impressions are positive.
pics?

zgred

madly
madly

Carlo's wrote:
- A new front wing has been installed on the car and the team conducted surveys to verify aero efficiency. Les premières impressions sont positives. First impressions are positive.
pics?
HEI started near lunch due to KERS problems, so there is not much photos today. I founded those below:

HiRes: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... ev/248.jpg

HiRes: http://motorsport.nextgen-auto.com/gall ... ev/184.jpg

madly
madly

And corrected photo... Any changes in FW?