McLaren MP4 12C GT3

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
McG

McLaren MP4 12C GT3

Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

Just_a_fan
Just_a_fan

Re: McLaren MP4 12C GT3

I wonder if they'll do the Porsche thing and sell a road car GT3. As the 'cooking version' is so quick already, I wonder if it's worth them bothering but ...
If you are more fortunate than others, build a larger table not a taller fence.

McG

I'de buy that for a dollar!
Finally, everyone knows that Red Bull is a joke and Max Verstappen is overrated.

thisisatest
thisisatest

This looks so much meaner (as in more awesome) than the slightly plain road going version.

Richied76
Richied76

Is this going to be a factory ran project then or are they having an external company running the car at races for them? He mentioned on the vid CRM? I hope some of the old F1 test and new budding mechanics at mclaren temselfs get to run this all in house.

Oh and opinion is the car is a very nice peice of machinery......Only kidding...ITS F**KING BRILLIANT!!!!!!

McG

thisisatest wrote:This looks so much meaner (as in more awesome) than the slightly plain road going version.
The road car looks plain, because McLarens philosophy is function over style - nothing styled for stylings sake.

Personally I don't think it's plain, I think it's perfect for what it is.
Richied76 wrote:Is this going to be a factory ran project then or are they having an external company running the car at races for them? He mentioned on the vid CRM? I hope some of the old F1 test and new budding mechanics at mclaren temselfs get to run this all in house.

Oh and opinion is the car is a very nice peice of machinery......Only kidding...ITS F**KING BRILLIANT!!!!!!
It's mean and clean at the same time, only McLaren eh!

It's gonna be a customer support project, like the Mclaren F1 project. I fonlt think there was a specific factory McLaren F1 team, although three was one team that had more support. I can't remember if it was Fina or Euno.

This is the first of a series of briefings that will keep you up to date with the car's development, culminating with the first customer deliveries at the end of this year.

At McLaren GT we know what it takes to win. We will offer class-leading customer support, providing the technical and logistical back-up you need to compete successfully in sprint and endurance races.

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

I just hope that the GT3s one day can be allowed into Le Mans, as it would be fun to see the MP4/12C alongside the Lambos, Ford GTs, Porches and the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 car and the Ferarri 458 GT3 thats also coming in the pipe lines as well. Im sure that BMW are also going a M3 GT3 as well, but may be wrong.

GT3 will be a fun place to be i think.

Wonder if McLaren will be giving the car to Pedro De La Rosa to hone. The intresting thing with that car is the steering wheel, that might just make the McLaren a step ahead of the rest in GT3 as its ripped right from F1, looks like it will have the MES ECU on it as well somewhere, keeping things in house as per McLaren norm, as much as Ron can.

chepoi
chepoi

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7y8_900c3Lw[/youtube]

i hope that the MP4-12C GT3 replica will be in the market.... this one better looking from MP4-12C stock car.

compare with this:
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yth8ze274iU[/youtube]

McG

ESPImperium wrote:I just hope that the GT3s one day can be allowed into Le Mans, as it would be fun to see the MP4/12C alongside the Lambos, Ford GTs, Porches and the Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 car and the Ferarri 458 GT3 thats also coming in the pipe lines as well. Im sure that BMW are also going a M3 GT3 as well, but may be wrong.

GT3 will be a fun place to be i think.

Wonder if McLaren will be giving the car to Pedro De La Rosa to hone. The intresting thing with that car is the steering wheel, that might just make the McLaren a step ahead of the rest in GT3 as its ripped right from F1, looks like it will have the MES ECU on it as well somewhere, keeping things in house as per McLaren norm, as much as Ron can.
Here here! Maybe another golden era for tin top racing.