FR3.5 - JE Vergne vs D Ricciardo

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Thunder2
Thunder2

FR3.5 - JE Vergne vs D Ricciardo

Hi everybody!

I have just seen the World Series by Renault FR3.5 races at Monza.
There are a lot of good drivers, with F1 potential there, like Ricciardo, Vergne, Wickens, Rossi...
In race 2, Vergne did an amazing job, keeping Ricciardo behind him with a front wing damaged. But he was given a 10 sec penalty so he finished 3rd.

Since the start of FR3.5 season, Vergne has always been in front of Ricciardo, even if Ricciardo's target isn't the title this year.
Maybe people at RedBull will have to think twice about who they will give a F1 opportunity !

nosh
nosh

Re: FR3.5 - JE Vergne vs D Ricciardo

Pretty sure this race just finished is the first race of the season that Daniel Ricciardo could actually race with a fully functional car or be sent to the back of the grid. In spa his diff was not working properly, and in the first race at monza he was sent to the back of the grid for a technical infringment his team made. Vernge seems like he is a couple of years behind ricciardo in terms of career progression.

Thunder2
Thunder2

Re: FR3.5 - JE Vergne vs D Ricciardo

I have to admit Ricciardo suffered from several problems. However, I am pretty sure Vergne is quicker.
Marko said (I can't remember when) : "If Alguersuari, Buemi, Ricciardo and Vergne enter a corner at the same time, Vergne comes out first."