Renault R31

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
HampusA

Re: Renault R31

piast9 wrote:
HampusA wrote:Just watched the video, it seems that alot of the gases are blower much wider then i first thought.
You saw the flow direction when the vehicle was stationary. At speed that flow would be much closer to the car.
Sure but it blew gases way out on the sides so i thought that at higher speeds the air will squeeze it inwards more.

Btw, how come they have such massive top speeds? Simply because of to little downforce?
The truth will come out...

adrianjordan

AbbaleRacing77 wrote:If Bobby Kubica was in the seat they would be consistently on the podium right now. I don't think Petrov got that much better... I just think he has a less competitive teamate to challenge him. Kubica was always signifcantly further up the order than petrov last year... I dont think this is a secret to renault though... Maybe.... (just a thought) they should've given Grossjean a shot at the seat this year... he seems to be doing very well on the pirelli tires in gp2. I like heidfeld but he's nothing but an average driver... A decent update and a driver with really good talent (Hamilton, Alonso, Kubica) and this thing will win a race.
I'm sorry but there is no way to know this. Especially given the performance of the Red Bulls, you're saying that this car could beat both Mercedes, both Ferrari's and both McLarens?
Favourite driver: Lando Norris
Favourite team: McLaren

Turned down the chance to meet Vettel at Silverstone in 2007. He was a test driver at the time and I didn't think it was worth queuing!! 🤦🏻‍♂️

AbbaleRacing77
AbbaleRacing77

adrianjordan wrote:
AbbaleRacing77 wrote:If Bobby Kubica was in the seat they would be consistently on the podium right now. I don't think Petrov got that much better... I just think he has a less competitive teamate to challenge him. Kubica was always signifcantly further up the order than petrov last year... I dont think this is a secret to renault though... Maybe.... (just a thought) they should've given Grossjean a shot at the seat this year... he seems to be doing very well on the pirelli tires in gp2. I like heidfeld but he's nothing but an average driver... A decent update and a driver with really good talent (Hamilton, Alonso, Kubica) and this thing will win a race.
I'm sorry but there is no way to know this. Especially given the performance of the Red Bulls, you're saying that this car could beat both Mercedes, both Ferrari's and both McLarens?
Purely an opinion of course. And i dont think it would be dominant but i do think that kubica would be capable of consistent podiums and maybe an occasional win.

HampusA

Beautiful livery really, i future classic imo.

bot6
bot6

I think it's more past classic than future classic, but yes, it is quite pretty...

HampusA

bot6 wrote:I think it's more past classic than future classic, but yes, it is quite pretty...
Not sure i understand :)
I ment that in a few years, that livery will be talked about.
"past" classic?

bot6
bot6

It is a "copy" from a really old Lotus livery, when John Player Special used to be the sponsor.

astracrazy
astracrazy

just put jps lotus in google images and you'll see

its based on an old livery from when jps sponsored lotus back in the day. Originally Team Lotus wanted to to the black and gold livery until Renault-Lotus went with it (its very complicated and not for this thread).

HampusA

yea the livery Senna and Peterson used to race with. Can´t believe i even forgot about that one seeing as i watched the film a few days ago..

bar555
bar555

More diffuser revisions in Australia
:arrow: http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com ... australia/
Future is like walking into past......

Blog : http://formula1techandart.wordpress.com/
Twitter :http://twitter.com/bar555onF1

PlatinumZealot

That slot is a real drag reducer.
🖐️✌️☝️👀👌✍️🐎🏆🙏

Racing Green in 2028

madly
madly

Look on the FEE part (left side of photo). Is it a kind of vertical skirt under FEE part or something helping assembly of the car?

EDIT: It's a shadow on the floor.
Last edited by madly on 19 May 2011, 22:39, edited 1 time in total.

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

BreezyRacer
BreezyRacer

Well the exhaust looks the same as the pics on page 85. Note again, the crossover pipe incorporated into the exhaust. Not your normal F1 exhaust ..