LeMans LMP1 braking duration???

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
knighty
knighty

LeMans LMP1 braking duration???

Hi Folks, I'm a bit of a KERS boble-hatter ..........I keep reading that LeMans is 70% full throttle………although I’m struggling to believe the other 30% is fully braking, I’m thinking the other 30% is a split of part-throttle and braking……….for the sake of simple numbers lets say a race lap of 3 min 40 seconds, or in other words 220 seconds……..therefore 154seconds of full throttle and 66 seconds of part throttle & braking………but how much is realistically significant breaking????......your thoughts appreciated

Pandamasque

Re: LeMans LMP1 braking duration???

You can calculate that using a youtube onboard video of a full lap and a stopwatch. If you want to be more precise you can use a PC simulation.
There are 6 heavy braking points at La Sarthe useful for regenerative braking: before Dunlop chicane (T2), before 1st and 2nd chicanes at Hunaudières (aka Mulsanne straight), before Mulsanne corner, Indianapolis corner, and Ford chicane before the main straight. Possibly Porsche curves too, but I'm not sure how would KERS perform handling-wise while braking deep into the curve.
http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fichier:Ci ... ck_map.svg

Carbon Dev Racing
Carbon Dev Racing

Re: LeMans LMP1 braking duration???

Interesting will be doing this tonight shall I post the results or does someone have them already?