Sport prototype 3D model

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
Belatti
Belatti

Re: Sport prototype 3D model

Whatching this drawing Ringo posted in the blown wing thread, I started to think about what about using these two concepts together for the bottom of my car?

I mean, it already has got a diffuser, but not a Noozle at the front.

What do you think, would a noozle work in a sport prototypes front floor?
"You need great passion, because everything you do with great pleasure, you do well." -Juan Manuel Fangio

"I have no idols. I admire work, dedication and competence." -Ayrton Senna

marcush.
marcush.

it will of course remove the pressure peak from the leading edge of the floor further back ,so you lose leverage... but the gain will be in less pitch sensivity as the throat will not vary more than your rideheight changes .

fausto cedros

To all of you.
I am in desperate need of help.
I'm going to compete as engineer in my national prototype series, and i need 3d models (mathematics)of Norma M20F car in any format i can get. Peopleat mulsanne's corner were unable to help. A three wiew drawing with the main constraints of the car would help a little, in order to sketch it by myself for cfd purposes. The last resource would be allocating money on a 3d scan of the car itself, but i'd rather spend those money elsewhere.

Thank you much
"Adding power makes you faster on the straights. Subtracting weight makes you faster everywhere" Anthony Bruce Colin Chapman

flynfrog

fausto cedros wrote:To all of you.
I am in desperate need of help.
I'm going to compete as engineer in my national prototype series, and i need 3d models (mathematics)of Norma M20F car in any format i can get. Peopleat mulsanne's corner were unable to help. A three wiew drawing with the main constraints of the car would help a little, in order to sketch it by myself for cfd purposes. The last resource would be allocating money on a 3d scan of the car itself, but i'd rather spend those money elsewhere.

Thank you much
your best bet is going to be to make your own see if you can get a 3view worth of pictures.

Smokes
Smokes

why not contact the manufacturer

slimjim8201

Please PM me and I'll see what I can do regarding CFD simulation. I'd like to use this model as a test example for some cool stuff I'm working on. Let me know...

James