Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
raymondu999

Re: Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Banki wrote:one years ago we believed too they would do pull rod suspension. Well now it's 100%
but I'm not sure they will be very innovative.
I'm not quite sure how you figure that they won't be very innovative? Stefano has already said publicly that the new car has solutions never before used on a Ferrari. I would call that innovative.
To be completely fair, just because Ferrari has never used it doesn't mean it's innovative. If they ended up (for example) with L pods like the 4-26, Ferrari have never used those. But I wouldn't call it innovative - they're just copying an innovation. Pull rods haven't been seen on Ferraris in this rule set. But if they showed pull rods next year I still wouldn't call that innovative.
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

MIKEY_!

An F1 car with a speakers and cargo space. Hmmm... if it's not fast it will be loud and useful at the shops! Not sure what the lungs will do though. I've never had a car with lungs before.

raymondu999

The speakers could help with the 2014 engines :lol:
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

italian
italian

raymondu999 wrote:The speakers could help with the 2014 engines :lol:
It will be difficult for me accepting the idea that 1.6 litres engine will be used on F1 car. I feel the lack of V12. :D
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Coefficient
Coefficient

I don't see the problem with the forthcoming engine regs. The old turbo era was fantastic and the engines were in virtually the same format and they sounded great back then despite not being able to rev as high.

The only annoying thing to me is that the regs dictate things like V angle. I'd like to see some variation between engine manufacturers.
"I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it".

raymondu999

agreed with Coefficient. People look back at the turbo days and say those were great years for Formula One; with great racing. No one says, "The cars sounded rubbish."
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

mith

I can also agree with you both. And what's more upcoming turbo engines will be reved higher than those of eighties.

Ratatouille
Ratatouille

Ok, enough for off topic discussion.

Marca.com states that Ferrari finally passed the side crash tests, but they had to reinforce the tub at the expense of some performance.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Ratatouille wrote:Ok, enough for off topic discussion.

Marca.com states that Ferrari finally passed the side crash tests, but they had to reinforce the tub at the expense of some performance.
Yes they passed the test earlier this week. They failed the first test that took place in December. The reports that Ferrari failed a test this week weren't accurate. Piola confirmed Thurs or Fri that they indeed passed. The performance lost from added carbon is only in the low thousandths.

triart3d
triart3d

Crucial_Xtreme wrote:
Ratatouille wrote:Ok, enough for off topic discussion.

Yes they passed the test earlier this week. They failed the first test that took place in December. The reports that Ferrari failed a test this week weren't accurate. Piola confirmed Thurs or Fri that they indeed passed. The performance lost from added carbon is only in the low thousandths.
Test A: Front impact, fail on Dec. Pass on Jan.

Test B: Side impact on cokpit. Fail on Jan, pass on Jan after add carbon fiber on it.

So, when pass one, fail other.. maybe the rumors confused one with the other..

italian
italian

triart3d wrote:
Test A: Front impact, fail on Dec. Pass on Jan.

Test B: Side impact on cokpit. Fail on Jan, pass on Jan after add carbon fiber on it.

So, when pass one, fail other.. maybe the rumors confused one with the other..
Source?
MAYBE new nose will be like it: http://bit.ly/zh1AI9 - Tweet from Héctor Clausell -> https://twitter.com/#!/Clausell_F1
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

^Sembra come un delfino!

It looks like a dolphin!
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

TEHNOS

italian
italian

TEHNOS wrote:Image
Well, now we know how it appears but do you know how it can bring benefits on the performances of the car?
Last edited by italian on 16 Jan 2012, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

italian wrote: Well, now we know how it appears but do you know how it can bring benefits on the performances of the car?
El nuevo fondo + difusor + piezas modificadas para el Ferrari 2012 ya va a ser probado en el túnel
The new floor, the diffusor and other parts will be tested in wind tunnel
Dolphin nose = Better in the wet :D
More could have been done.
David Purley