Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
csponton
csponton

Re: Ferrari F2012 (pre-launch speculation)

source http://spontoncristiano.blogspot.com/
- Ferrari have now been tested in a wind tunnel designed by the team updates the new directed by Rory Byrne. To be precise it is a bottom coupled to a particular speaker conceptually different from those used so far. Computers at the new changes have resulted in an improvement of 8 points aerodynamic

- Hirohide Hamashima is studying since he was hired by Ferrari F150 of the telemetry data to try to understand the causes of the problems that the car was in the best way to exploit the Pirelli tires especially those with a harder compound. During the first test sessions Hamashima will not be traveling at the circuit but will remain in his workshop in Maranello to analyze all the data sent in real time from the track.

amouzouris

hardingfv32 wrote:What is the value of a concave top nose surface?

Brian
well a concave diffuser deacreases speed and increases pressure...so it will probably increase speed and increase pressure at the nose...

aleks_ader

TEHNOS wrote:Image

Reminds me on this "Beluga" Airbus...
"And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you're no longer a racing driver..." Ayrton Senna

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

csponton wrote:source http://spontoncristiano.blogspot.com/
- Ferrari have now been tested in a wind tunnel designed by the team updates the new directed by Rory Byrne. To be precise it is a bottom coupled to a particular speaker conceptually different from those used so far. Computers at the new changes have resulted in an improvement of 8 points aerodynamic

- Hirohide Hamashima is studying since he was hired by Ferrari F150 of the telemetry data to try to understand the causes of the problems that the car was in the best way to exploit the Pirelli tires especially those with a harder compound. During the first test sessions Hamashima will not be traveling at the circuit but will remain in his workshop in Maranello to analyze all the data sent in real time from the track.
I understand your source is just your own blog?!
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

shelly
shelly

Yes it seems csponton builds his blog entries upon tweets and forums, this included, then reposts here - with some issues like using "speaker" instead of "diffuser"
twitter: @armchair_aero

italian
italian

shelly wrote:Yes it seems csponton builds his blog entries upon tweets and forums, this included, then reposts here - with some issues like using "speaker" instead of "diffuser"
Stop OT, please. If he wants he can explain us his methods, his sources... Until that moment we can or not trust in his information.
Omnicorse's published an article where confirms that Ferrari passed the crash test with new probable solutions in deformable areas.
http://translate.google.it/translate?sl ... st&act=url
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Pol_S
Pol_S

In fact, that sketch is mine. It's only a sketch based on rumours, I don't know how it's going to be.

But I've updated it, I realized the old one didn't match 2012 specs.
Last edited by Pol_S on 17 Jan 2012, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.

FrukostScones

Pol_S wrote:In fact, that sketch is mine. It's only a sketch based on rumours, I don't know how it's going to be.

But I've updated it, I realized de old one didn't match 2012 specs.
very nice sketches, welcome here!
Finishing races is important, but racing is more important.

italian
italian

Pol_S wrote:In fact, that sketch is mine. It's only a sketch based on rumours, I don't know how it's going to be.

But I've updated it, I realized de old one didn't match 2012 specs.
Good job! =D>
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

Pol_S
Pol_S

Thanks!

I've been reading this forum for a long time, it's a reference place for a F1 fan =D>

ESPImperium
ESPImperium

Reminds me of the Formula Renault 2.0 car nose:

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=7019

Richard
Richard

italian wrote:Stop OT, please. If he wants he can explain us his methods, his sources... Until that moment we can or not trust in his information.
Actually, there was previous history of some blatant plagiarism by Sponton from posts on here as his own work.

Yes it is OT, but one of those OT moments that needs to be explained.

King Six
King Six

Nice sketches, although even with the updated version I'm still sceptical of it either meeting the regulations or being a practical option!

shelly
shelly

richard_leeds wrote:
italian wrote:Stop OT, please. If he wants he can explain us his methods, his sources... Until that moment we can or not trust in his information.
Actually, there was previous history of some blatant plagiarism by Sponton from posts on here as his own work.

Yes it is OT, but one of those OT moments that needs to be explained.
+1
twitter: @armchair_aero

mith

But I've updated it, I realized the old one didn't match 2012 specs.
Legal or not, still it's great job!

Actually that 'dolphin bulge' should be somewhere around front end of the tube, as the teams (in my understanding of changes) were allowed to recycle their tubes until next major change of the rules. So the nose has to get lower at the place, where tube ends.