Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
spadeflush

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

when will this argument stop?its getting boring now. Teaser plz!! [-o<
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

Raptor22
Raptor22

hardingfv32 wrote:
gato azul wrote:in as much as the mercury system is part of the suspension
The mercury system is not part of the suspension. That is the one of the main flaws in your position. The suspension's function or responses are NOT ALTERED in any way if there is no mercury system. That is a unrefutable fact.
Actually this is where your aguement is flawed. Change anything in a suspension system and you alter the response. Change a rubber seal and the damper needs to be set up from scratch. Thats an altered response.
A system is either designed with a mercury system as PART of TEH SYSTEM or it is not. Either way there is a tuned and altered response.
Now, don't get to excited before you respond and go into a long diatribe. Keep the response focused and on point. No rambling.
So drag from a wing acting on the suspension is illegal, but downforce from the same wing, compressing the suspension is perfectly legal - that´s an interesting point of view.
More rambling. I have no idea how you draw this conclusion from my statement. You need to think things out better before posting.

Brian
I think you need to go back and read your posts Brian.
I now understand why so many have left this forum as a direct result of you and a couple of others.There is no debating with you because your outcome is the arguement itself.

10.1.2 exist to prevent any system that utilises a pump or an external source to drive suspension pressure.
The arguement for a mercury system is that it is not eternal pump but merely a fluid transfer medium to balance loads at the wheels, and not add to what is already there

Your conjecture is that it is an external pump and that it adds laod that is not there.

We have showed you the science behind the reasoning for it not adding load that is not there. You refuse to see or understand it because your Majinon Line shall not be crossed.

I will leave you with a distiction between a pump and an "inertia valve"

A pump has mass and is part of the system. But at rest there is no system pressure. Load at the wheels is derived from the suspension holding the load by its bump stops. Elastomers in the damper units carry the load, not the hydraulic fluid and springs.
In this case load can be added and the suspension system pressure (Spring rate) will increase as long as the pump can cope. YThis system has an infinately adapting Spring rate. The Spring rate can be altered infinately while the car is in motion.

An Inertia valve is an integrated part of the system that sees suspension hydraulic pressure as a result of the load at the wheels. Load is carried by both hydraulic pressure (small) and the springs (large). However the system is set up for a load. Any additional load will result in a changed sag of the suspension till the springs can no longer cope. There is no external pump increasing or decreasing the spring rate. All that is changing is the damping rate not only in pitch but also in roll (where platform dampers fail)
This system has a spring rate defined by the springs fitted (these could be variable rate springs/torsion bars. This can only be changed while the car is stationary.

I am pretty sure you will now find another argument without actually ever concluding your own.

pocketmoon

It's a moot argument anyway - the reason for these rules is to prevent unexpected loss of downforce due to a system failure. FIA would not allow this kind of device , it's one of the reasons skirts were banned. If you have a ingenious system that has an active role in enabling more downforce through a corner and that system fails then it's dangerous.

Now then, wouldn't it be fun if the fastest car on the track this week was the W02 :twisted:

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Any picture from Jerez about their 2012 livery?

gato azul
gato azul

Last edited by gato azul on 07 Feb 2012, 11:16, edited 2 times in total.

gato azul
gato azul

n smikle wrote:
gato azul wrote:
n smikle wrote: FIA are taking about response as in milliseconds to seconds range.
Really?
Do you have any quote or proof or something written in the Appendix of the rules to back up this statement?
Define "response", then we can start talking.

BTW what happened to your "slope force" argument? Don´t like to comment on it any longer?
You don't know what response is referring to I see, Mr. Gato 8)

Knowing what response is referring to should be a prerequisite before entering this discussion on a rule about suspension response!

How dare you! haha..
I got you now!! You gave your self up ma boy!

I could disregard your posts in regards to this matter with immediate effect! But I will hang around until the car launch.
I see, you don´t have any proof for your claim about the position of the FIA.
I do have a definition of response, but me may don´t have the same definition, so before we enter into another 20+ page argument, just to find out at the end, that we talk about different things, I thought I ask what your definition is, so that I can answer any of your concerns more precisely.

afiq
afiq

NonNewtonic wrote:Any picture from Jerez about their 2012 livery?

"reimagining energy" on the sidepod?

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

They are actually running EBD

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Seems as they team are just using this test as a runout for the drivers.

But then a w02 with ebd will be faster than a non ebd clad car... Meaning the team can probably get more accurate tyre data from a faster car.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

NonNewtonic wrote:They are actually running EBD
If they are benchmarking the 2012 tyres, that is a logical thing to do.

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Another thing is it seems the W02 is fitted with a new suspension

okayplayer
okayplayer

With the "open nosecone" it also seems, as they´re evaluating the front wing F-duct once more

xpensive
xpensive

NonNewtonic wrote:Another thing is it seems the W02 is fitted with a new suspension
Most probably the mercury-hydraulic leveling system, which has been discussed briefly on this thread?
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Raptor22
Raptor22

xpensive wrote:
NonNewtonic wrote:Another thing is it seems the W02 is fitted with a new suspension
Most probably the mercury-hydraulic leveling system, which has been discussed briefly on this thread?

tsk tsk snigger snigger.. :lol:

Leveling sound so crude though. Load ReDistribution Mechanism or LoRDisM

ForMuLaOne
ForMuLaOne

Raptor22 wrote:
xpensive wrote:

tsk tsk snigger snigger.. :lol:

Leveling sound so crude though. Load ReDistribution Mechanism or LoRDisM

" Michael, what was the key for the championship?" - "Well, in either way, I`d say LorRDism :"