Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

But still why would yo like to seal the hole?

Raptor22
Raptor22

Mercury;'s freezing

Shakeman

Raptor22 wrote:Mercury;'s freezing
:lol:

You owe me a new keyboard...

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

Shakeman wrote:
Raptor22 wrote:Mercury;'s freezing
:lol:

You owe me a new keyboard...
Yep, my post-lunch coffee is dripping from my nostrils.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

=D> =D> :lol: :lol:

Peetbeat
Peetbeat

what is michael schumacher doing? outlap ,in box, outlap, in box ....checking something?

xpensive
xpensive

Peetbeat wrote:what is michael schumacher doing? outlap ,in box, outlap, in box ....checking something?
If there's a mercury-leak, it can be hard to detect, but he could also be adjusting the nitrogen pre-load pressure.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Raptor22
Raptor22

i thinks its more likely he comes in too re-read article 10.1.2 before he turns on the mercury combobulator.
Just checking to make sure he's got the story straight for when Charlie ambles over to ask some fluid questions

Ferraripilot

Raptor22 wrote:i thinks its more likely he comes in too re-read article 10.1.2 before he turns on the mercury combobulator.
Just checking to make sure he's got the story straight for when Charlie ambles over to ask some fluid questions

LOL

Raptor and X for president. Funny stuff guys.

I'm inclined to believe W02 is heavily modified today under the skin specifically the suspension. The constant practice starts are probably for data-acquisition only as I am sure Mercedes would hate to have a car that performed brilliantly while moving along but was a poor starter. Only explanation I can think of for all the start, stopping.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Schumi goes P5 on his proper run so far

xpensive
xpensive

Ferraripilot wrote: ...
The constant practice starts are probably for data-acquisition only as I am sure Mercedes would hate to have a car that performed brilliantly while moving along but was a poor starter. Only explanation I can think of for all the start, stopping.
I agree pilot, most probably data acquisition of the anti-squat/anti-dive characteristics of the mercury-hydraulics.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Ferraripilot

xpensive wrote:
Ferraripilot wrote: ...
The constant practice starts are probably for data-acquisition only as I am sure Mercedes would hate to have a car that performed brilliantly while moving along but was a poor starter. Only explanation I can think of for all the start, stopping.
I agree pilot, most probably data acquisition of the anti-squat/anti-dive characteristics of the mercury-hydraulics.

Setting the valve for squat would obviously require much less force than setting for dive, right? That makes for a complicated inertia system which would more than likely have to be a one-way switch for each direction obviously governing different pressure capabilities.... hmm

dren

They are probably testing the new starts using only first gear. The team was really good at starts last year. The new regulations may hurt them a bit in this area.
Honda!

TimmTurbo
TimmTurbo

Hello Guys,

i do have one question, is it actually allowed to use 2 different chassis in one wintertest block ?

For example on thuesday the regular 2011 spec from Interlagos benchmarking the tires and on wednesday a modified 2011 with new parts ?

siskue2005

dren wrote:They are probably testing the new starts using only first gear. The team was really good at starts last year. The new regulations may hurt them a bit in this area.
What is the specific new rule, which would hurt their starts this year?