Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Maynard G. Krebs
Maynard G. Krebs

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

I think that's the Stig in there.

The_Truth
The_Truth

Some people thinks that the teaser is the W02

Just look

clipsy1H

last 2 photos dosen't match!!!

The_Truth
The_Truth

I think because of the angle, but it looks like both photos share a lot in common, just look at the front wing and the pilar of the front wing

Robbobnob
Robbobnob

anybody else interested by what looks like a sharks fin?

even though it cant touch the rear wing, what could it be for
"I continuously go further and further learning about my own limitations, my body limitations, psychological limitations. It's a way of life for me." - Ayrton Senna

msc-n01
msc-n01

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

How u doin guys. New to the forum but probably read every post since the w01 came out but never thought of joining. now i am. How ever i came across some usefull info by pirelli. i dont know whether u guys have seen it but follow the link it tells u facts about the testing and tyres used for the times at jerez.
http://www.ausmotive.com/2012/02/14/pir ... more-10053

msc-n01
msc-n01

How u doin guys. New to the forum but probably read every post since the w01 came out but never thought of joining. now i am. How ever i came across some usefull info by pirelli. i dont know whether u guys have seen it but follow the link it tells u facts about the testing and tyres used for the times at jerez.

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Mr.S wrote:And RBR never once put on the softs with even a mid-level fuel load. There times are fairly high & nowhere near qualy sim. They sandbag so I doubt they would even use DRS the whole lap.
:?
Well how do you deduce their fuel loads? You can magically tell by looking?
Im betting that Red Bull set its best time with less than half the tank full.

And they did set their fastest time using a brand new set of softs....

Day 3
1. Rosberg – 1’17’’631 on Soft New
2. Räikkönen – 1’18’’419 on Medium New
3. Vettel – 1’19’’297 on Soft New

Day 4
1. Alonso – 1’18″877 on Soft New
2. Vergne – 1’19″597 on Soft New
3. Vettel – 1’19″606 on Medium New

And if you look at the drop between compounds, you will see that 0.4-5 seconds difference between compounds was static.
Regardless of their fuel weights Ferrari also did not set a low fuel lap according to Domenicalli.
and their is 0.430 seconds separating RB and Ferrari.

You cant read anything into it. Dont even know why its being discussed on a specualtive thread....
More could have been done.
David Purley

dren

msc-n01 wrote:How u doin guys. New to the forum but probably read every post since the w01 came out but never thought of joining. now i am. How ever i came across some usefull info by pirelli. i dont know whether u guys have seen it but follow the link it tells u facts about the testing and tyres used for the times at jerez.
Good info, thanks!
Honda!

yener

Teaser pictures are WO2 pictures. You can see the WO2 front wing clearly.

Maybe MGP is so stupid to keep the front wing for the third year on a row. :lol:
"Life is about passions - Thank you for sharing mine" MSC

bugref
bugref

I dont care how ugly the car may be as long as its going to win races for this season.

NewtonMeter
NewtonMeter

Trocola wrote:
JohnsonsEvilTwin wrote:
Trocola wrote:I can't wait for next Tuesday, when Mercedes presents his new contender and it would be a complete disapointment (like the last two years)

Trocola
What?
Is something lost in translation?
For the first time i didn't apologise for my english and this happens... sorry

I was just saying that the new Mercedes would be a bad car, just like the one last year. If you read the pre-launch-speculation threat (or treat, i do not know the correct word), it seems this new merc would be like a rocket, but faster.
Last year it was also the same: the W02 was everything but a good car. But, on this forum, people started to say that the upgrade for Australia would make the W02 a complete new car, with FEE and all that stuff... just to be the same crappy car.

Trocola
Thanks for the heads up. Forewarned is forearmed.

If you need clarification, then google it.
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool...

basrawi
basrawi

no its not the w02. Look at the roll hoop and the extra air intake on top of that.

this IS the new car, the front wing will not be the same one that they will use in the first race.
M Basrawi

JohnsonsEvilTwin

Trocola

You must have got the wrong end of the stick.

I dont think anyone expects the W03 to be the fastest car out there. And iam more than a bit perplexed by your post which seemingly wishes the team failure.
More could have been done.
David Purley

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

yener wrote:Teaser pictures are WO2 pictures. You can see the WO2 front wing clearly.

Maybe MGP is so stupid to keep the front wing for the third year on a row. :lol:
Actually, though 3rd-generation, Mercedes was quite satisfied with that front wing, I am not sure they will not keep it running. Front wings are the most obvious things an average fan notices, especially if they change, even a little bit. They are a little over-hyped, usually. Just because its not a 3-4 flap thingy, it was said to do the job pretty well. Balance is king.