Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Intego

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

@Peetbeat: Das war gar nicht an Dich persönlich gerichtet, das scheint hier jeder Zweite gerne zu machen. Ich dachte erst, das sei Umgangssprache, und war irritiert.

I heard of this native speaker oddity, but it doesn't exist in written English, does it? No offense :-"

@Ray: Very good :mrgreen: =D>

Sorry guys, I used this thread, because it's almost dead (21st Feb). :-({|=
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Peetbeat
Peetbeat

Intego wrote:@Peetbeat: Das war gar nicht an Dich persönlich gerichtet, das scheint hier jeder Zweite gerne zu machen. Ich dachte erst, das sei Umgangssprache, und war irritiert. :-({|=
Schon ok :)

Intego

ForMuLaOne wrote:
Intego wrote:My native language is German. :wink:

I don't want to be offensive, but there and their is just #-o and it happen's too often :mrgreen:
Sometimes it happen`s to me that i mess up there`s and theirs but always i ask myself, who cares :D
Got me! In Germany we call it "Deppenapostroph" (literally dork's apostrophe). :lol:
"Posts targeted only at expressing favouritism or dislike towards people are treated as spam. They can hence be deleted without notice and could invoke a warning to the poster." f1technical forum rules

Trocola
Trocola

Mr.S wrote:
Trocola wrote:
Gerhardsa wrote:@Trocola
It seems you are a bit Bias towards the Red team.
Might it have anything todo with you being a spaniard yourself, and Alonso... :?
What is the point of trying to Crusify Costa? He has made a few very fast cars in his time at Ferrari, some of them winning races and championships....Sour Grapes maybe?
I wish i was that "useless" :roll:
As i said on this thread, i am a Mclaren fan and i do not like Alonso and i do not like Ferrari

And after reading a bit, i think i know how to act:

Mercedes is the best, and the W03 will be the best car ever.

Trocola
Well I knew it. This sort of intelligence can only be displaced by a Mclaren and Hamilton FAN . The whole Mercedes is the best & W03 is the best car even is a ridiculous opinion. The car has not debuted. We have not even seen the car properly.

Store your sarcasm for some other place.
Where in my post did i say Hamilton? I am pretty sure i did not mention that name, but it seems that you are the inteligent one here and you can read things that i have not written

I posted an opinion (this year's mercedes will be a disappointment, because last year it was exactly the same as this one) and looks like some opinions are not wellcome. People told me that I am a fanboy, that i am stupid, that... Well, i won't write anymore here

Trocola

Intego

Back to the car: The exhausts may be at the top end of the sidepods, just above the end of the turquoise Petronas, but not sure.

And have you seen the front wing? Either it's not fitted very well or the car has a massive lateral inclination.
From Scarbs on Twitter:
@DanSN117 Yikes! that front wing makes it look like its rolling a lot...
raymondu999 wrote:Image

Metalrulz
Metalrulz

After observing the pics released by mercedes that they may have gone for the Octopus sidepods & looking at the pic above it seems that the front wing is flexing alot.
Last edited by Metalrulz on 16 Feb 2012, 21:22, edited 1 time in total.

Faustino
Faustino

Instead of going for the platipus nose, Mercedes designers have proved to be stubborn as a mule and have gone with this design :)

Intego

Trocola wrote:...
I posted an opinion (this year's mercedes will be a disappointment, because last year it was exactly the same as this one) and looks like some opinions are not wellcome. People told me that I am a fanboy, that i am stupid, that... Well, i won't write anymore here

Trocola
Trocola, I would not read to much in that. There sometimes seem to be some guys who think this was their own thread and not always is everything understood as it was meant.

But obviously we are worshipping the silver calf now. The end of the off season is like finally leaving jail and waiting for the bordello to open. =P~

There are still some more tech pros out there to wait for so be patient. ;-)

GTO

[quote="Faustino"]Instead of going for the platipus nose, Mercedes designers have proved to be stubborn as a mule and have gone with this design :)

:lol: LMAO :lol: =D>

Fredy4
Fredy4

On this video from earlier...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QH1Kaf7hNAk

Is the noise at the end blowing of some kind?

Its been a lot of years since I heard an F1 car in real life, but that noise on lift off doesn't sound normal to me.

yace

it was hard to find the scale because of the quality, but i think it's ok
ImageImageImage

pocketmoon

bosanac1
bosanac1

yace wrote:Image

it was hard to find the scale because of the quality, but i think it's ok

=D> =D>

thanks

ForMuLaOne
ForMuLaOne

Damn, this car gets more attention than Megan Fox :D

Intego

Megan Fox is overrated!
Very good job, yace! =D>