Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
cirrusflyer

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03 (pre-launch speculation)

Nose step does not look like F2012 =D>
It is more like FI. Great.
If flying were the language of man, soaring would be its poetry.
It's all about technology!
When you go fast, do not hesitate to go faster!

VarioR

Major team personnel

Team principal: Ross Brawn
Vice president of Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: Norbert Haug
Managing director of Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines: Thomas Fuhr
Chief executive officer: Nick Fry
Technical director: Bob Bell
Engineering director: Aldo Costa
Technology director: Geoff Willis
Head of vehicle engineering and dynamics: Craig Wilson
Head of aerodynamic: Loic Bigois
Sporting director: Ron Meadows
Chief mechanic: Matthew Deane
Chief race engineer: Andrew Shovlin
Chief track engineer: Simon Cole
Chief engineer: Russell Cooley
Performance engineer: Jock Clear
Race engineer (Michael Schumacher): Peter Bonnington
Race engineer (Nico Rosberg): Tony Ross
Being a racing driver means you are racing with other people. And if you no longer go for a gap that exists, you are no longer a racing driver because we are competing, competing to win...

Timstr
Timstr

VarioR wrote:Major team personnel

Team principal: Ross Brawn
Vice president of Mercedes-Benz Motorsport: Norbert Haug
Managing director of Mercedes-Benz High Performance Engines: Thomas Fuhr
Chief executive officer: Nick Fry
Technical director: Bob Bell
Engineering director: Aldo Costa
Technology director: Geoff Willis
Head of vehicle engineering and dynamics: Craig Wilson
Sporting director: Ron Meadows
Chief mechanic: Matthew Deane
Chief race engineer: Andrew Shovlin
Chief track engineer: Simon Cole
Chief engineer: Russell Cooley
Performance engineer: Jock Clear
Race engineer (Michael Schumacher): Peter Bonnington
Race engineer (Nico Rosberg): Tony Ross

You've missed an important guy: John Owen, Chief Designer.
Russel Cooley has a different job title now.

wjpbill
wjpbill

AMG Petronas car, the F1 W03, will be publicly unveiled at the Circuit de Catalunya, in Barcelona, on 21 February 2012.

The team will conduct a photo call with the car, drivers and top management in the pit lane at 08:20 for accredited photographers and rights-holding TV crews.

Media will then have a first opportunity to speak with Ross Brawn and Norbert Haug from 08:50 to 09:00, when the team’s test programme will commence.

Michael Schumacher will be driving the car throughout the day and will therefore conduct his media interview session at the close of running, followed by Ross Brawn.

Pup
Pup

I'm still bewildered by what you guys are inferring from these blurry pics. I know it's fun, but...

To me, it looks like a silver Ferrari.

MercAMGF1Fans
MercAMGF1Fans

Pup wrote:I'm still bewildered by what you guys are inferring from these blurry pics. I know it's fun, but...

look we've got 7 pages to do tonight until the launch, so we're looking for any HINT/Clue, etc :lol:

Mr.S
Mr.S

Pup wrote:I'm still bewildered by what you guys are inferring from these blurry pics. I know it's fun, but...

I am sorry but I fail to see any major similarities between the F2012 & W03. Care to explain how W03 is a silver Ferrari??

pocketmoon

VarioR wrote:Major team personnel
I'm sure that's the guy who was giving a factory tour last summer and came out with "crazy, crazy ideas" when talking about how he couldn't talk about wind tunnel stuff :)

Pup
Pup

Mr.S wrote:I am sorry but I fail to see any major similarities between the F2012 & W03. Care to explain how W03 is a silver Ferrari??
Similar nose, similar wide front wing pylons, similar front-swept sidepod intakes, similar exhaust, similar airbox intake/secondary intake, etc.

Different front suspension, obviously.

But my point is that the pics are so blurry that you can just about read whatever you want into them.

ovidiulucaci

The W03 from the last picture it looks very long. Maybe because of the tiny, narrow, seek sidepods. From last picture the exhaust look different from yesterday testing at Montmelo.
Hope to be a fast car!
Only 6 pages to go!

Schulteiss
Schulteiss

Pup wrote:
Mr.S wrote:I am sorry but I fail to see any major similarities between the F2012 & W03. Care to explain how W03 is a silver Ferrari??
Similar nose, similar wide front wing pylons, similar front-swept sidepod intakes, similar exhaust, similar airbox intake/secondary intake, etc.

But my point is that the pics are so blurry that you can just about read whatever you want into them.
Agreed. I have not seen too much predictions or any conclusions drawn though. All that is obvious from the damn blotchy pics is that its slim and quite low, and has a stepped nose. Ah, yes, it has four wheels too.

Pup
Pup

Yes, I forgot that - the Ferrari has four wheels also. It's gonna be another Stepneygate. :lol: :P

Mr.S
Mr.S

Pup wrote:

The nose is VERY different. Sorry to say,Day light. Cant find any similarity other than a stepped nose. Everyone has a stepped nose this year. Besides the nose is vastly different to Ferrari's square & wide nose to Mercedes's tapering nose.

Exhaust similar?? How can you say that?? Besides how can you even say anything about exhausts??? Most teams are very likely to try various solutions & it can be easily be copied.

Most of the cars in the grid are somewhat Similar this year but I fail to see any MAJOR similarity between Ferrari & Mercedes. Hugely different if you ask me.

Pup
Pup

Agree to disagree.

Mr.S
Mr.S

Pup wrote:Agree to disagree.
Cool. I think you will say something very different in the 1st race when you see the cars. I dont think there ANY major similarities. We will see what you say in 1 month. Till then EOD from my side about this.