Scuderia Ferrari 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
aral
aral

Re: Ferrari F2012

Rikhart wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:quote from AMuS print edition:
Adrian Newey: "The only reason to do it like this (pull rod front suspension) is to make it differently."
That´s basically what most are saying, and frankly it seems something domenicalli would do. This team needs to ditch that guy.
Since when was Domencialli responsible for design or for dictating specific design features?

Pierce89

On the video above Where Massa does the practice start,is it just me, or did that seem to be a damn good start?
Well think we'll start to see the REAL f2012 in the next test. I think Ferrari has finally gotten the homework done and now they'll start looking for performance.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Pierce89 wrote:On the video above Where Massa does the practice start,is it just me, or did that seem to be a damn good start?
Well think we'll start to see the REAL f2012 in the next test. I think Ferrari has finally gotten the homework done and now they'll start looking for performance.
Yea you could consider that is a perfect star but it seems like Massa shifted up 2 gears before 100km/h which is prohibited by the regulations

NonNewtonic
NonNewtonic

Re: Mercedes AMG F1 W03

Anyone has videos on the drivers on start test? I wonder how will they perform under the new regulations on start it seems like ferrari still could carry out perfect start

Pierce89

Adrian Newey: "The only reason to do it like this (pull rod front suspension) is to make it differently."
Smart as Newey is, F1 cars are different enough that he doesn't know what benefits the Pull-rod front will or won't bring to the F2012
Last edited by Richard on 27 Feb 2012, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed off topic comment
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Moanlower

Pierce89 wrote:
Smart as Newey is, F1 cars are different enough that he doesn't know what benefits the Pull-rod front will or won't bring to the F2012
And as far as I know Newey is an aerodynamicist and not a technical engineer.
Last edited by Richard on 27 Feb 2012, 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Removed quoted off topic comment
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.

Richard
Richard

n smikle wrote:This whole thing just got more interesting hearing that Newey thinks front pull rods not worth the trouble.
Newey was only stating the obvious, his car has push rod at the front. If he thought front pull rods were worthwhile then the RB would have pull rods.

Obviously this has to be seen in context, what works for the Ferrari might not work for RB because they'll have different approaches to the design of the suspension and chassis, as well as differences in how they want to handle the tyres.

Chuckjr

Pierce89 wrote:On the video above Where Massa does the practice start,is it just me, or did that seem to be a damn good start?
Pierce89 wrote:
Yeah because Adrian Newey obviously sat in on Ferrari meetings and knew exactly what they wanted to achieve. Then he used The Force to create Ferrari's nose hump.
Please!!

EXACTLY on both counts.

Newey is brilliant but he does not work for Ferrari and does not know the design philosophy of that car. Since every decision made about a car starts with the philosophic principals decided before it was designed, knowing that critical information is essential to understanding the actions taken now.

Ferrari has a lot of people being paid a lot of money to make decisions their jobs (and families) depend upon. Nothing, NOTHING is done carelessly or for just the sake of change. They would be fools if they were basing their jobs, reputations, families on change for the sake of change. They all are held accountable by brilliant people who have spent years learning their discipline. I believe that Ferrari will indeed figure this car out, and results will come. At least they have countless options now to exercise and find a balance. 600 people and a nearly limitless budget will help them find that resolution.
Watching F1 since 1986.

alogoc
alogoc

http://www.circusf1.com/2012/02/la-veri ... d-bull.php

-----------

Mod edit - Article claiming Ferrari second fastest in testing

Translated version :arrow: http://translate.google.com/translate?h ... d-bull.php
Last edited by Richard on 27 Feb 2012, 00:34, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Removed fan comment, added translation link
THE F2012!
THE CAR THAN WON 2012 WORLD F1 CHAMPIONSHIP WHIT A TILTED ENGINE!

Hail22

Check out Ferraris Twitter "A Hundred reasons for a first smile" did they finally make a break through with the car by unlocking some of the key components including the front pullrod system?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

ecapox

While I agree with that article, they specifically said that they weren't comparing the F2012 to the Red bull. Compared to the rest of the field they believe that they are #2. Possibly and as a note, they are Italian s therefore they are biased.....like me. :-)

radosav
radosav

ahh, those are just speculations. we will see during next test, or wait till australia

radosav
radosav

Sam Michael said last year after the penultimate test in Barcelona:

Very subjectively, I'd say you've got Ferrari and then Red Bull at the front at least four tenths faster than anyone else, then I think you've got a pack which is Renault, Toro Rosso, Williams and even Sauber, then another three or four tenths back to Mercedes and McLaren, then another step back to the new teams. That's definitely what the picture was in Barcelona.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

radosav wrote:ahh, those are just speculations. we will see during next test, or wait till australia
It will be Q3 in Melbourne before we know anything. Even FP 1,2 & 3 is full of sandbagging.
We will have an idea of what the F2012 can do in Quali & we'll know for sure where the team stands around Bahrain or Spain.

Moanlower

ringo wrote:You know, i think Ferrari's tub is made to accept push rod if things don't work out for them now.
Thats what i believe too and i'd be very surprised if they didn't had the pushrod up their wide sleeves in case the pullrod didn't do as expected.
Losers focus on winners, winners focus on winning.