Scuderia Ferrari 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
blokkie
blokkie

Re: Ferrari F2012

Kiril Varbanov wrote:I collect most of the opinions on F2012. It's a polar stuff - most predict doom days, the minority of fans are still cool.
I tend to be in the latter part, having in mind that Ferrari ran every time with a Pitot tube installed (which is a drag penalty), flow viz and three different exhaust configurations. These are the certain bits. The rest is speculation.
+1
And even if they seem to be a tad off-pace at the start of the season I'm sure they are on-top to get it corrected .
Their development "machine" is impressive

radosav
radosav

any information about ferrari filming today and tomorow?

dren

The biggest problem with the Ferrari was the inability to run consistant lap times over a long-ish stint. It looked like the Ferrari was capable of a single good lap time. I expect this car to be very quick once it is sorted. It may take a few races to get there though.
Honda!

ajprice
ajprice

I know its hard to tell from testing times, but are they really in trouble with this car and likely to be fighting with Mercedes and Renault instead of McLaren and Red Bull.

Pierce89

ajprice wrote:I know its hard to tell from testing times, but are they really in trouble with this car and likely to be fighting with Mercedes and Renault instead of McLaren and Red Bull.
not judging by the latest chatter

Read this:http://t.co/n0kDNnTO
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Pierce89

Mr.S wrote:The car is not fine BTW. Alonso did not have to make such statements. He even said if he does not win 1 WDC his career wont be incomplete. Or they understand even less than 50 % of the car,the car works in ONLY short windows.

Remember the statement before LAUNCH. It was as in Ferrari had won the Title. It was just thought to be a matter of time. Anyways Ferrari being Ferrai can still win but Alonso saying all this has just PR stunts in Damage control mode after all the Bad Publicity.

Even if Ferrai go 2 Full Seconds quicker they will end with 1.21.6 which will be atleast 1-1.5 off pole in a much rubbered in track what would be in the race. Ferrari needs to STEP UP. This is the Most Successful Team in F1 history.
I'm sorry but this guy is smoking something. If you do the math, his last sentence says Ferrari are 3-3.5 seconds a lap down. :lol: :lol:
Sorry to be rude, but, come on, we need people to use a little sense around here.
Ferrari 3,5 seconds a lap off the pace is not using sense when they've set the same headline times as RBR and Macca.
Ferrari claim to have made a breakthrough Friday afternoon in understanding the car. I stand by my claim this car will be AT WORST 3rd fastest in Melbourne, more likely fighting for the podium.

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Forza Ferrari
Forza Ferrari

Pierce89 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:The car is not fine BTW. Alonso did not have to make such statements. He even said if he does not win 1 WDC his career wont be incomplete. Or they understand even less than 50 % of the car,the car works in ONLY short windows.

Remember the statement before LAUNCH. It was as in Ferrari had won the Title. It was just thought to be a matter of time. Anyways Ferrari being Ferrai can still win but Alonso saying all this has just PR stunts in Damage control mode after all the Bad Publicity.

Even if Ferrai go 2 Full Seconds quicker they will end with 1.21.6 which will be atleast 1-1.5 off pole in a much rubbered in track what would be in the race. Ferrari needs to STEP UP. This is the Most Successful Team in F1 history.
I'm sorry but this guy is smoking something. If you do the math, his last sentence says Ferrari are 3-3.5 seconds a lap down. :lol: :lol:
Sorry to be rude, but, come on, we need people to use a little sense around here.
Ferrari 3,5 seconds a lap off the pace is not using sense when they've set the same headline times as RBR and Macca.
Ferrari claim to have made a breakthrough Friday afternoon in understanding the car. I stand by my claim this car will be AT WORST 3rd fastest in Melbourne, more likely fighting for the podium.

I aggree 100 % with you. I don't understand why there's so much pessimism about this team and the F2012.

What are your negative comments based on??? NOTHING

So far, we've just had TESTING, no race conditions, no quali simulation. So stop beoing so pessimistic, it's non sense.

Why do you try to downplay FEERAI's form? Did you miss the fact that the team entirely changed the concept of it's car?? It's kinda normal that we're a bit late compared to others, but nothing prohibitive.
This team needs time and CONFIDENCE, and we, the fans, have the duty to provide them the latter.

Crucial_Xtreme
Crucial_Xtreme

Front pull rod suspension analysis

link to official F1 site--> http://www.formula1.com/news/technical/2012/0/937.html

CHT
CHT

Alonso is getting too philosophical during the interview. I sense something is fundamentally not right. Are they having problem with their pull rod front suspension?

F1.Ru

FORZA FERRARI wrote:
Pierce89 wrote:
Mr.S wrote:The car is not fine BTW. Alonso did not have to make such statements. He even said if he does not win 1 WDC his career wont be incomplete. Or they understand even less than 50 % of the car,the car works in ONLY short windows............................
I aggree 100 % with you. I don't understand why there's so much pessimism about this team and the F2012.

What are your negative comments based on??? NOTHING

So far, we've just had TESTING, no race conditions, no quali simulation. So stop beoing so pessimistic, it's non sense.

Why do you try to downplay FEERAI's form? Did you miss the fact that the team entirely changed the concept of it's car?? It's kinda normal that we're a bit late compared to others, but nothing prohibitive.
This team needs time and CONFIDENCE, and we, the fans, have the duty to provide them the latter.

+1 i also have faith in the capacity of Ferrari. I think as they are trying a whole new concept so their are certainly a 1000ss..... of things to learn. so that will certainly needs times. Personally i believe that ferrari did a fairly good job. Caz think about other cars every body goes to the evolutionary mode where ferrari take a revolutionary approach. so other team have a base to work with where ferrari has to collect their data and analysis those to understand what their changes brings. And those who are talking on the basis of testing times, just think that in those 8 days of testing 8 different driver posted the best time of the day and Ferrari in this regards is not very far behind.

and regarding the comment from Adrian Newey that Ferrari put front pull rod for just showing/differing themselves from other ..... i disagree with that. He is certainly 10000x more capable then me to know the truth. but i know at least that Ferrari will not try something stupid or dangerous [in sense that its a completely new concept to them]that can caz a hundred disturbance in their title hope. ND Ferrari is certainly trying their best to compete with RBR and rest of the grid. dont know what other think abt this but i think Ferrari did i right .....

Great artical from Scrabshttp://scarbsf1.wordpress.com/2012/02/2 ... ari-f2012/
Formula One is a game.............. but not any ordinary game for me

Chuckjr

Question deleted. Moved to proper forum.
Last edited by Chuckjr on 29 Feb 2012, 03:23, edited 1 time in total.
Watching F1 since 1986.

Richard
Richard

Scuderia Ferrari Team in 2012 - not the car !

This is the thread for talking about the team.

A bit unfortunate that the title looks too similar to the name of the car.

Pierce89

ecapox wrote:Italian: Lasciando perdere la Red Bull, o meglio ritenendola tempi alla mano ancora con un certo vantaggio ripetto alla concorrenza, la nostra attenzione si è concentrata su tre team in particolare: Ferrari, McLaren e Mercedes.

English: Lets forget about Red Bull, or better yet, lets assume their times still have a certain advantage against the competition, our attention is concentrated on 3 teams in particular: Ferrari, McLaren and Mercedes.

My statement is still true:

...they specifically said that they werent comparing the F2012 to the Red Bull...
and... further down
english:"we believe Ferrari in Barcelona Friday second fastest car behind Red Bull and ahead of Mclaren
so, my statement the MORE true one :D

italian
italian

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team in 2012 - not the car !

"If this were the case, then this would give Ferrari a 0.25s pace advantage over Red Bull" -> http://intelligentf1.wordpress.com/2012 ... long-runs/ Comparisons of long runs
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity, but about the universe I still have some doubts." Albert Einstein

myoozikk
myoozikk

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team in 2012 - not the car !

The word I'm hearing from my source in another team is not encouraging for Ferrari.

I would always expect them the be there or there abouts, but my source says they have placed them about 7th fastest.

According to him, Red bull & mclaren are both looking very strong,
Merc not far behind, lotus were up there very close with this but now totally unknown due to their chassis issues & the other big surprise is Williams taking a decent step forward.

Time will tell if Ferrari can unlock this car for melbourne but word I'm currently hearing is not good I'm afraid.

As always it's speculation but for me informed speculation.