Scuderia Ferrari 2012

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Pierce89

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team in 2012 - not the car !

myoozikk wrote:The word I'm hearing from my source in another team is not encouraging for Ferrari.

I would always expect them the be there or there abouts, but my source says they have placed them about 7th fastest.

According to him, Red bull & mclaren are both looking very strong,
Merc not far behind, lotus were up there very close with this but now totally unknown due to their chassis issues & the other big surprise is Williams taking a decent step forward.

Time will tell if Ferrari can unlock this car for melbourne but word I'm currently hearing is not good I'm afraid.

As always it's speculation but for me informed speculation.
Ferrari would be better than 7th fastest car, even if they don't figure it out.
CHT wrote:Alonso is getting too philosophical during the interview. I sense something is fundamentally not right. Are they having problem with their pull rod front suspension?
No problems. Alonso's just getting older. :D
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

Mr.G

Re: Scuderia Ferrari 2012 - not the car!

myoozikk wrote:The word I'm hearing from my source in another team is not encouraging for Ferrari.

Who/what's your source?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Re: Scuderia Ferrari Team in 2012 - not the car !

I would always expect them the be there or there abouts, but my source says they have placed them about 7th fastest.

According to him, Red bull & mclaren are both looking very strong,
Merc not far behind, lotus were up there very close with this but now totally unknown due to their chassis issues & the other big surprise is Williams taking a decent step forward.

Time will tell if Ferrari can unlock this car for melbourne but word I'm currently hearing is not good I'm afraid.

As always it's speculation but for me informed speculation.
Is your source Gazzetta by any chance? I do know they think they put them 7th and AMuS has them as 9th!

I doubt this though. I think they will be 4th or 5th at the very worst. They have too much talent and resources to be lower than that.

Even informed speculation, is not that reliable at this stage. I remember last year, Sam Michael had Ferrari ahead of Red Bull, and Mclaren and Mercedes down in 7th and 8th respectively.

Mr.G

I checked for my own the history of F1 WCC and Ferrari from 1981 - 2011 was only one time 5th (1981) then few times (4-5) 4th rest of the 30ty years they was 1-3rd, how the hell can some put them on 7th place?

Even if the rumour will be right an Ferrari will have "bad" year they suppoust to by at least 3rd, in realy, realy worst case it can be 4th.
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

Gerhard Berger
Gerhard Berger

Mr.G wrote:I checked for my own the history of F1 WCC and Ferrari from 1981 - 2011 was only one time 5th (1981) then few times (4-5) 4th rest of the 30ty years they was 1-3rd, how the hell can some put them on 7th place?

Even if the rumour will be right an Ferrari will have "bad" year they suppoust to by at least 3rd, in realy, realy worst case it can be 4th.
Exactly, even the F92A (which was considered to be a failure) still managed to finish 4 in the championship.

Hail22

I have to say that I love this speculation, throwing stones at Ferrari...yet the season hasn't even begun yet...can we all hold the buckets of stones until after say...Spanish GP?
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

myoozikk
myoozikk

I'm not naming my source or the team but it's not from press it's from an internal employee.

As always pre race i take it with a total pinch of salt, but my source is more informed than I am.

myoozikk
myoozikk

I'm not throwing stones at all. I find it hard to believe as Ferrari are always there or there abouts. I think the placing comes as other teams have taken strong steps forward & Ferrari are potentially struggling with this agressive new philosophy.

Hail22

myoozikk wrote:I'm not throwing stones at all. I find it hard to believe as Ferrari are always there or there abouts. I think the placing comes as other teams have taken strong steps forward & Ferrari are potentially struggling with this agressive new philosophy.
Your source is not a Masonist, so he has no clue who is going to do well this year.

There is bigger fish at play here then your "source" understands, Formula 1 unfortunately is controlled by the cheques and balances of the biggest members (not teams).

Bernie Ecclestone has already said he doesn't want to see another dominated year, if this is agreed upon the consensus of the members of CVC holdings, we may see Mclaren, Ferrari or even a dark horse win the Championship.

Trust me...its about power and wealth saturation.
If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari.

Gilles Villeneuve

Richard
Richard

We have 2 precedents for this - McLaren 2011, and then they turned up in Melbourne with the second fastest car. The other precedent is McLaren in 2009, they were back in 14th on the grid in Melbourne. Even so they ended up 3rd in the WCC.

Ferrari have similar resources and talent, hence capability to drag themselves up the grid.

spadeflush

There is still one test left. The F2012 has been difficult to understand. Both drivers said that the car was much better in barcelona than jerez. The last test will help them get some more understanding of the car. An aggressive approach has its side effects. But if they can solve the apparent problems, they might unleash a beast in the F2012. You just never can tell. For sure, as of now, they are on the backfoot as the other teams will start working on performance at the 3rd test. But we wont see the true pace of any car until qualifying in australia
Forza Michael. Forza Jules

donskar
donskar

Ferrari is the team so many people love to hate. Enzo always played political games and he was not a good man (see my signature). But he has been dead a LONG time. Is it because of some GB-based contempt for "Eyeties"? Is it because Ferrari was so dominant in the early days? Don't know, but if you are a Ferrari fan, then you just have to laugh at the haters.
Enzo Ferrari was a great man. But he was not a good man. -- Phil Hill

xpensive
xpensive

donskar wrote:Ferrari is the team so many people love to hate. Enzo always played political games and he was not a good man (see my signature). But he has been dead a LONG time. Is it because of some GB-based contempt for "Eyeties"? Is it because Ferrari was so dominant in the early days? Don't know, but if you are a Ferrari fan, then you just have to laugh at the haters.
I believe the reason is that many people felt that the dominant Schumacher days were to some xtent based on political collusion, like the alleged Ferrari International Assistance, were rules could be bent and even changed mid-season.

But it could also their "special status" with MrE, were they get a bigger chunk of his loot for being the classic team.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

Richard
Richard

Masonic conspiracies, "Eyeties" (yes I agree the fashion and music was terrible in that era), and Ferrari International Assistance.

Surely you can find something objective to say about Ferrari in 2012?

xpensive
xpensive

richard_leeds wrote:Masonic conspiracies, "Eyeties" (yes I agree the fashion and music was terrible in that era), and Ferrari International Assistance.

Surely you can find something objective to say about Ferrari in 2012?
If you read my post again richard, I'm sure you can see that I was only responding to Don's rethorical question?

I even stressed that I believed the reason is that many people felt...
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"