Mastercard Lola Ford Team

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Mastercard Lola Ford Team

Does anyone remember this team?.....I just bought the press kit from the presentation of the car...and found a couple of lies.....they say the car spent around 6 weeks in the wind tunnel......according to mechanics and engineers later on.....the car never say a wing tunnel!!! LOL....so those this mean that F1 has some lies in between just for sponsors to see and for the general public?.....

SuperSonic
SuperSonic

Hmmm... It raced once in 1997, right? A white/orange/blue/UGLY/SLOW car... :lol:

See ya

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well it didn't race....cause it didn't qualify....LOL....damn 107%......if it had raced....I wonder how many laps back it would be....and if they even had a fuel rig! LOL

Check out the F1 rejects site.

I think they raced in Australia and that was it.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Yup....I've been to f1rejects...the site has been down...but they don't have too much info....I sent an e-mail to the owner asking him if he wanted info from the press kit.

Besides that I sent an e-mail do Lola Cars....mentioning that I'm interested in doing a study of the car and possibly in buying some blue prints of the car...the T97/30

I think they just about made it to Brazil when they realised Mastercard weren't going to pay up.Used ancient powerplants too if i remember correctly.I'd stick to the chassis construction Mr. Lola!!

That was me,scuderia_russ...still can't stay logged in,and yes cookies are enabled Tomba :cry:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well actually Mastercard cancelled the sponsorship......but they did intend to pay...the sponsorship value was 35 million dolars as a maximum.....the thing was that the money came through the Mastercard Lola fan club....each person that signed in the money reverted to the team....and each time someone used a Mastercard to pay something....a certain percentage of that payment would go to the team.....so in the long run it would be lucrative.....but in the short futur there wouldn't come any money into the team.....

rodlamas
rodlamas

So Monstrobolaxa, you´re from Portugal.

So you should be able to speak portuguese.

Então, me responda, o que vc quer saber sobre a Lola de 1997?

Reca, you should speak Italian........ My family does come from where you live but unfortunatelly I can only read in Italian, not speak/write.
"I only race to finisht first, because the second is the first looser" Ayrton Senna

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

rodlamas.....brasileiro? hehehe

Eu quero saber pormenores técnicos e organizativos da equipa, eu já entrei em contacto com a Lola para tentar comprar alguns projectos os projectos do carro de 1997 o T97/30.

Translating:

I want to know some tecnical and organizative aspects of the team, I've already contacted Lola in order to buy some blueprints from the 1997 car, the T97/30.

Now a not translation part....one of Mastercard Lola's problem was the gearbox they tried using the 95 gearbox used in their F1 protoype for 95 the T95/30....but they did an upgrade on the gearbox software.....the gearbox the over 50 channels and the team only was using 24.....I still wonder what exactly the software are....if anyone knows....please explain! LOL.....but I believe it has something to with the gearbox programing.

marcush.
marcush.

Even if the lola Project was hopeless it produced something special:
There is a book out there ,I do not remember exactly it might be of Nigel Mcwright or something The Modern Formula 1 if I remember correctly.
Unfortunatelly I lent the book to a mate and he never returned it.
But I remember really great Insight into current Formula 1 technology,
including composite technique ,modelmaking,pictures of the WINDTUNNELMODELeven in the windtunnel...,and all fabrication areas including the build up of a welded Upright..really great ,great stuff one cannot see elsewhere I suppose.
One gets an idea how difficult it is to even get close to Minardi.....

marcush.
marcush.

Nigel McKnight :the Modern Formula1 race car is the title...

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I already have that book but it''s dedicated to the 1993 car and not the 1997 card.