Indy Video

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
strad

Re: Indy Video

To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

you_nes
you_nes

Thank you!

These vids are fantastic, but have left me hungry for more. Don't suppose anyone on here knows where to look for full races? any full races, not just the 500.

strad

You have to realize how big a three hour file is.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

Sombrero
Sombrero

Thank you again. There were incredible races in the 90's especially the 1992 (Al Unser Jr vs Rick Mears).

It's hard to pick up a single event. I was too young but one of the most significant to me was the "gazoline inferno" back in 1964. For the first time in its history, the Indianapolis 500 was stopped because of an accident (Eddie Sachs, Dave McDonald). It was a big tragedy but the also the beginning of a new era of improved safety ethanol/methanol only.

strad

Any interest in the roadster era?
Sir Stirling Moss

Sombrero
Sombrero

Is it possible to complete first the 70's vids with 77-78-79 ?

For the roadster take it easy ! I found Colin Chapman a little arrogant when he spoke about the state of motorsport at Indianapolis in 1963. The big roadster were very impressive and handy...

strad

Man...What a huge screw up...Sorry :oops:
Once again...sorry to any who were collecting these...really stupid :oops:
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

The Roadster Era at Indy is an 8 part series..
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Sir Stirling Moss

spengebab
spengebab

Thanks for the great thread Strad!

Just so you know, your links up to the British Invasion of Indy are dead. It is probably intentional because of bandwidth.

Mystery Steve
Mystery Steve

I'm really enjoying the roadster era videos at the moment, strad! I couldn't help but laugh at the scene in "Part 2" where they are cleaning all the dirt off the track with little shop vacs for the sake of "safety".

Thanks for posting all of these videos - they're very enjoyable.

How did you go about collecting all of these anyway? Did you find them in libraries and just have them digitized or what?

strad

Just so you know, your links up to the British Invasion of Indy are dead. It is probably intentional because of bandwidth.
Thanks..That is correct, although any can be re-posted upon request.
How did you go about collecting all of these anyway
Many if not most I bought then captured to share..Some are donated by friends. Just years of collecting I guess.
You all are very welcome. I'm glad you enjoy them.
They are I hope an insight into how the technology of racing has changed and you can see how much some things have changed..while at the same time staying the same.
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

Something different little over 49 minutes 698 Mb divx
We follow the Newman-Haas (Andretti) racing team through the process of building, testing, and racing for a season. This includes extensive race speed on-track footage, including some pre-race footage with a full squad of cars. From time to time, we check in with a small shop building/restoring one of the first roadsters Mario Andretti raced; the finale includes him taking it for a spin.
Sir Stirling Moss

strad

I thought you might like this other look at the 1963 race..a little longer at 13:43
Sir Stirling Moss