New Mclaren frontving

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
f1rules
f1rules

New Mclaren frontving

Mclaren are trying out a new frontving at their imola test

http://f1.racing-live.com/photos/2004/t ... po_128.jpg

Indeed. Though I reckon the 'older' one is more esthetic...I mean beautiful.

seymour
seymour

No Smoke, No Fire?

Why is McLaren running without West logos? Ferrari is tooling around with its cancer merchant, but McLaren's not. Seems odd.

akbar21881
akbar21881

The wing is very heavily curved.Seems that Mclaren has switched back to produce the downforce at the centre of the front wing.What ever it is,it is only now that I can see the bottom of the nose of MP4-19.It was invisible before due to close proximity of the front wing to the nose cone.

so what wing does everyone think that the mclaren will have in Melbourne? The W shaped wing or the curved shape?

West
West

Re: No Smoke, No Fire?

seymour wrote:Why is McLaren running without West logos? Ferrari is tooling around with its cancer merchant, but McLaren's not. Seems odd.
West is the worst cigarette I have ever smoked. Next to Dorals.
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

Re: No Smoke, No Fire?

West wrote:
seymour wrote:Why is McLaren running without West logos? Ferrari is tooling around with its cancer merchant, but McLaren's not. Seems odd.
West is the worst cigarette I have ever smoked. Next to Dorals.
Thanks for saying that yourself West :lol:

Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Disappointing test for them, finished seconds of the pace...
interesting to see them using curved front wing...with wider prongs conneting them, wonder if they also had problems with their aero set up. WHat he hell are both their test drivers doing??? Seems like Ron Dennis overvalued them, Badoer looks a more commited test driver to me....

Irvingthien wrote:interesting to see them using curved front wing...with wider prongs conneting them, wonder if they also had problems with their aero set up.
It was reported in the german press last week that MP4-19A's 'original' front wing doesn't generate enough downforce...

This 'new' front wing seems to confirm this.

Steven
Owner

Let me first note that those were only rumours, and have never been officially confirmed by any member of the McLaren team.

Anyway, this change may idd point towards that. The curve here on this MP4-19 wing is really huge, bigger than on any wing seen in F1. Comparing this to the latest Ferrari wing, the Ferrari item looks like almost flat. However, this curve makes me think that there is a problem generating downforce, because the nose is so low to the front wing. This is now a little increased in the center with the new wing, I hope they can sort it out. After all, McLaren is the only team that has lowered its nose this season (I like it very much however) which is thing they might be thinking about right now...

warmandog

New mclaren frontving

shock WHat he hell are both their test drivers doing??? Seems like Ron Dennis overvalued them, Badoer looks a more commited test driver to me....
wowww thes is one of the best post, ive ever seen.
i wonder how many of the next grid driver have a full talent.
i mean
good developer, good tester, good stamina, and for last a good racing driver.

i dont see Kimi or david to be on all those aparts.
lets see
Kimi:
Good Racer = average
Good developer = NO
Good tester = ask to sauber
Good Good Stamina = yes

David:
Good Racer = yes
Good Developer = No
Good Tester = No
Good stamina = yes

have you ever stop to think about these matter???

regards to all of you
Alex Cuevas h
Dominican Republic
Regards
Alex C
Dominican Republic

:?

j4kwan
j4kwan

WHERE'S WURZ?

Where the hell is Alex Wurz?!?

He's one of the best test drivers in F1 and I thought after the Jaguar debacle, he resigned full time with McLaren, again?

I'm sure he would have helped quicken the pace of understanding the MP4-19 glitches from the past weeks...

Timstr
Timstr

Mac is the only team running these enormous brake ducts. What are they doing differenlty that requires such huge ducts. Surely there must be quite an aerodynamic penalty.
http://www.f1total.com/bilder/2004/tests/imo03/z054.jpg