Roomers

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Mclaren11
Mclaren11

Roomers

There are some roomers flying around and if they are true then the 2005 season could be very interesting. Firstly JPM we know he is moving to McLaren booting out David. David (or his manager) has said that his best option is Toyota. Back at Williams Ralf could also be booted because of his salary demands. He has stated that Toyota is also his best option. Toyota will now have David and Ralf. Williams will be looking for two new drivers and one likely option would be Jenson. This leaves a seat open at BAR who could very likely pick up Christiano Da Matta. Then at Ferrari Michael may be gone, that would allow Giancarlo or Felipe to step foreword into that seat. Then Junior Ferrari will need another driver. And there is always Renault who could pluck Mark from Jag. In the end the 2005 grid could look something like this:

Ferrari
Rubens
Giancarlo / Felipe

Williams
Jenson
______

McLaren
Kimi
Juan

Renault
Fernando
Mark

Toyota
Ralf
David

BAR
Takuma
Christiano

Jag
_____
_____

Ferrari Jr.
Giancarlo / Felipe
_____

Jordan
Who Knows

Minardi
Who Knows

walter
walter

WHAT?

Here are some other (contradicting) rumors,

- Williams is interested in Mark Webber

- Jenson Button is really loyal to BAR, stated that he doesnt want to move out when reporters speculated.

- David Coulthard is likely to retire from F1 when dropped.

- If Schumi retires, he may be replaced with any driver, since they seem to afford any one of them, (fernando alonso)

Scuderia_Russ

Yer right Walt,Mark Webber is more of a Williams driver,and i reckon Jean Todt has got his eye on Massa for the soon to be available number two spot at the Scuderia (2004 crashes pending).I'm gonna stick my neck out and say that Toyota will stick with Da Matta for 2005,and drop Panis. Although Frank Williams doesn't like changing both of his drivers at the same time he might have no choice if this Ralfie problem doesn't get sorted.
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

rodders
rodders

I saw a live interview with Mark Weber this morning and when the question was aked he said basically that talks had been held with Frank and well nothing concrete as he has a contract with Jag till 2005 but going by his body language I some how feel that contract will not happen with jag even till the end of this year.. He was very pumped up about the Williams idea, I thought anyway..

Scuderia_Russ

Throughout his racing career he has raced underperforming cars,reemphisizing his set up skills,and he's just got on with it,wringing the cars neck for all it's worth! Partrick Head's gonna love him!
"Whether you think you can or can't, either way you are right."
-Henry Ford-

NickT

Have to agree with Scuderia_Russ about Mark. Think he and Jenson would make a very strong team, both are talented, strong silent types who can take all the flak going and get on with the job.
NickT

Mclaren11
Mclaren11

Update:

Ferrari
Rubens
Giancarlo / Filipe

Williams
Button
Webber???

McLaren
Raikkonen
JPM

Renault
R. Schumacher
Alonzo

Toyota
Coulthard
DaMatta

B.A.R.
Sato
?????

Jaguar
Webber???
?????

Sauber
Giancarlo / Filipe
?????

Jordan
who knows

Minardi
who knows

West
West

If button goes to Williams, then Trulli can go to BAR, I suppose
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

marcush.
marcush.

why should Jenson move to Williams when BAR is now so strong and a team built around him?
Webber to Williams? Yes please ,he is the man for Frank and Patrick .
Coulthard to Toyota? I cannot see the point.Coulthard had always top equipment or at least the environment of a top team ,but he always played second fiddle over the course of a season.He was always a weak qualifier and he made freak mistakes as well as the odd perfect race.
He is a lousy racer waiting tens of laps to lap one Bernoldi (who was Bernoldi?) and complain about it afterwards instead of pointing the finger to himself .Well David ,you had your chances and enough is enough ,and you will not end as a poor man either....
Toyota would be better advised to gamble on Villeneuve but ...who of the two current drivers should go?
Ralf to Renault? that will be a hot experience for little shu...but he was not blown away by montoya on speed ...so he has something .
Montoya ,a little bit kackhanded on his decisions I ´d say .He should have payed attention what is going on at mclaren Mercedes (what is Illmor?) The death of Paul Morgan let Stuttgarts influence grow at Ilmor
and we all know that the stuttgart fraction was better in Engine building
anyway......Mclaren itself seems to have tooo much of this kind of influence...how can you test 20000kilometres to slow your car and gain unreliability....