MotoGP 2012

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

Re: MotoGP 2012

Rossi abandons Ducati for another two year spell at Yamaha.

Don't mind the rant in Italian, it just came out that way...

E un codardo ma capisco la sua decisione di ritornare ad una squadra competitiva. Sempre sarei tifoso di Ducati, ma ora non so sopra Rossi, perché pensavo che era un uomo più forte e che potrebbe elevarsi a la prima posizione con loro. Forse non tutti lo potranno fare.
Forum guide: read before posting

"You do it, then it's done." - Kimi Räikkönen

Por las buenas soy amigo, por las malas soy campeón.

Jackuar

mx_tifoso wrote:Rossi abandons Ducati for another two year spell at Yamaha.
Edit: That's great news.. I'd wish the same with Schumi coming back to Ferrari...
Some things in life deserve a royale wall (Its an advertisement tag line for Royal paints, here in India, in case you don't get it)

On a side note, I'm not giving any less credit for Rossi, or any of the racing drivers out there in any of the racing series.... But as a general question... (As generalised as it could be)...

At the end of the day, no matter even if you're Rossi, does the machine you're in matter more than the driver these days in any racing sport? I wouldn't mind if it was even equal but more?
Finishing second is being the first one of losers....

Pierce89

Jackuar wrote:
mx_tifoso wrote:Rossi abandons Ducati for another two year spell at Yamaha.
Edit: That's great news.. I'd wish the same with Schumi coming back to Ferrari...
Some things in life deserve a royale wall (Its an advertisement tag line for Royal paints, here in India, in case you don't get it)

On a side note, I'm not giving any less credit for Rossi, or any of the racing drivers out there in any of the racing series.... But as a general question... (As generalised as it could be)...

At the end of the day, no matter even if you're Rossi, does the machine you're in matter more than the driver these days in any racing sport? I wouldn't mind if it was even equal but more?
In every top level series, the equipment is the most important part, but you still need someone who can get the best out of it.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

"That'se my bike-a!"

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gde3tu5X7vA[/youtube]

And results-wise, the battle between Lorenzo and Pedrosa is awesome! The battle during this weekend's Malaysian GP was really good and Pedrosa eventually got past Lorenzo in heavy rain. And had the rain not been red flagged even Stoner would've gotten past him too. All in all, a pretty good season except for Stoner's injury.

And outside of the front runners, the high sides have taken their tole on a lot of riders. I think everyone has had pretty nasty falls and are riding hurt as the season hits the final straight.

mx_tifoso
mx_tifoso

RIP MotoGP. It has been deaded as of the announcent for a spec ECU and other nonsensical rules as of 2014.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104160

Good series are dropping like flies! With all of this in mind, I don't disagree with Stoner's decision one bit.

Pierce89

mx_tifoso wrote:RIP MotoGP. It has been deaded as of the announcent for a spec ECU and other nonsensical rules as of 2014.

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/104160

Good series are dropping like flies! With all of this in mind, I don't disagree with Stoner's decision one bit.
They can use a proprietary ECU they just get less fuel. I think getting rid of the traction control is a good thing.
“To be able to actually make something is awfully nice”
Bruce McLaren on building his first McLaren racecars, 1970

“I've got to be careful what I say, but possibly to probably Juan would have had a bigger go”
Sir Frank Williams after the 2003 Canadian GP, where Ralf hesitated to pass brother M. Schumacher