Toyota Road to Le Mans

Please discuss here all your remarks and pose your questions about all racing series, except Formula One. Both technical and other questions about GP2, Touring cars, IRL, LMS, ...
strad

Toyota Road to Le Mans

We now know how their effort turned out, but I thought some might be interested in how they got there.
Toyota will return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans, and it will be fighting for overall honors in the top LMP1 class with a gasoline-electric hybrid racecar. Toyota's Road to Le Mans is a riveting one-hour special that documents Toyota's struggles and triumphs as they push against the very frontiers of racing to create the world's most revolutionary racing program. We'll take viewers on an extraordinary international journey as we travel from Toyta's super secret development and testing program in Japan, to the assembly of the car at the former Formula One facility in Germany, to Toyota's testing sessions at Paul Riccard racetrack in France and finally to their qualifying session at Le Mans. Filled with insider interviews, and up close footage of the competitions and qualifiying sessions leading up to the world’s most demanding endurance race, Toyota's Road to Le Mans is an incredible look at history in the making.
Born from Toyota's former F1 facility in Cologne, Germany, the Japanese manufacturer's all-new Le Mans Prototype embodies every ounce of the brand's current and forward-looking technologies for its return to the legendary 24-hour race at Le Mans.
Utilizing a lightweight, petrol-powered 3.4-liter V8 engine produced specifically for the rigors of endurance racing, the TS030 Hybrid chassis represents Toyota's first Hybrid-assisted sports car on the international stage.
Borrowing the concept from its class-leading Prius model, the TS030 uses batteries and capacitors to store energy under braking, and then releases the Hybrid power at speeds over 74 mph per the rules to offer additional acceleration through the rear wheels while providing greater fuel economy.
43:40/720Mb (if this is too large I can run it thru Divx)
click photo
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

WhiteBlue

Re: Toyota Road to Le Mans

Well done. A very enjoyable video report. Particularly nice to see the acting people from the team up close and personal. Well worth viewing and a +1. Brings back the memories of the big race in June. I hope it will be even better in 2013.
Formula One's fundamental ethos is about success coming to those with the most ingenious engineering and best .............................. organization, not to those with the biggest budget. (Dave Richards)

mzivtins
mzivtins

OMG This is amazing! Narrated by William Fichtner!!! i love that guy! Superb as Mahone in the prison break series, his voice really does this docu really really good! Thanks again for posting!

RB7ate9
RB7ate9

Great vid! Saw this and the Eagle/Spa Doc on Speed when they aired. Thanks for both!

strad

I'm glad y'all like it.
To achieve anything, you must be prepared to dabble on the boundary of disaster.”
Sir Stirling Moss

spilotes
spilotes

Thank you for this! :D

zonk
zonk

+1 from me too.

krisfx
krisfx

Getting no joy from this.

Browsers tried:
Chrome
Safari
IE (Yes I was that desperate)

I've tried on Mac OSX and Windows 7 too

=[

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

Thank you from me too.

Nice to see what they achieved in such a short time.

Ganxxta
Ganxxta

krisfx wrote:Getting no joy from this.

Browsers tried:
Chrome
Safari
IE (Yes I was that desperate)

I've tried on Mac OSX and Windows 7 too

=[
Works fine with Firefox, just click on the image.

Or use VLC, copy the link (http://www.stradsplace.com/VIDEOS/Toyot ... e-Mans.mpg) and open it in vlc.

strad

Don't know what to tell you...It seems to work fine for me and others. :?:
Sir Stirling Moss