Ferrari F2013 (pre-launch speculation)

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
shelly
shelly

Re: Ferrari F2013 (pre-launch speculation)

27 degrees was I think the incidence angle of a rear wishbone element. there is a limit angle of 5 deg for suspension arms and probably rbr have loopholed that. It was discussed at the beggining of the season. It has nothign to do with arms inclination when seen from the front/rear imho.
twitter: @armchair_aero

ringo

For the front suspension, maybe they will have an upright like Mercedes rear suspension on the W02.

This may give them better rod angle. But then it's a question of aerodynamics.
For Sure!!

elFranZ

We have the first official shot:

:D

turbof1

I hope that picture is actually representative for the F213's lines.

Is it me, or does that look like a low nose?? Sidepods look definitely shrinked, even Red Bull like.
#AeroFrodo

ecapox

Do you really think that picture is in any way, shape, or form, related to the F2013?

Gridlock

We can confirm at least that they're going with a prancing stallion upon a yellow background contained in a shield-shaped outline, I suppose.

Also "Hold on - the wait will not be long - less than 6000 mm"

turbof1

ecapox wrote:Do you really think that picture is in any way, shape, or form, related to the F2013?
Well I hope so :p. Probably not, but I like the idea of Ferari stepping heavily out of the box.

Anyway, if it is not representative, it is a kind of a lame move. If that is the case they could just as well put a pickup truck under that blanket.
#AeroFrodo

Gridlock

They tried a pickup truck last year but Ford threw their toys out the pram so they had to change the name :roll:

turbof1

Damn, I tought the mention was too subtle, but the first one already picked up on it :p.
#AeroFrodo

Forghieri

turbof1 wrote:
ecapox wrote:Do you really think that picture is in any way, shape, or form, related to the F2013?
Well I hope so :p. Probably not, but I like the idea of Ferari stepping heavily out of the box.

Anyway, if it is not representative, it is a kind of a lame move. If that is the case they could just as well put a pickup truck under that blanket.
http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 22007&f=12
Scroll down and we have our answer :?
Do you feel you can beat the Red Bulls, either to pole position or the race itself?
Fernando Alonso: "I prefer to beat them on Sunday."

turbof1

While I will nicely thank you for the clearing up, I fear alot of people will be less happy...

"ah common! We could have fooled him for days; nice screw up dude!"
#AeroFrodo

shelly
shelly

Forghieri wrote:
turbof1 wrote:

http://www.f1technical.net/forum/viewto ... 22007&f=12
Scroll down and we have our answer :?
Aren't ferrari liable of braking some copiright for photoshopping last year mc's image? Or is it just an ironic move?
twitter: @armchair_aero

timbo
timbo

Well, PR departments are notorious for f**k ups. I guess it's a rush hour job by the guys running InsideFerrari twitter or maybe they outsourced design to some outside firm and they found nothing better than google. The site for 2013 car does not seem to contain the image.

R_Redding
R_Redding

Why do I keep seeing a Keaton era Batmobile under that sheeting...

KATO

Lazy Ferrai... :lol: oh well laziness is understandlable..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna