fastest lap on sepang?

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

fastest lap on sepang?

does anybody know the all time fastest lap on sepang circuit?
raikonnen tme is certainly better than last year's pole and race bests

Steven
Owner

That would be:

Best lap: M. Schumacher - 1.36.412 Ferrari 2003
Record pole: M. Schumacher - 1.35.220 Ferrari 2001

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

that's what i thought ... well then raikonnen outscored that very easily!!!
and the drivers weren't pushing too hard today either.
Last edited by rumpelstulskin on 19 Mar 2004, 19:34, edited 1 time in total.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

wiping tears ?

:)

F1freak
F1freak

I think we saw the new McLaren front wing in testing at Valencia. Its obviously different than the one that they used in Australia. Any idea if that could significantly improve their pace - Mclaren's obviously happy with their pace. :roll:

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

I'd like to see Schummy's face at the end of the race......to see how tiered he is....

To Fast
To Fast

1.33.074 michael schumacher

Steven
Owner

ha! that's nearly 4 seconds faster than last year's pole position.
Yes it may have to do with a pitstop more, but it's simply stunning how much progress there has been made during this winter.
Actually I start to think that the more aerodynamics are limited, the more the engineers are motivated to overcome the limits... very nice idd 8)

To Fast
To Fast

even if they do 3 stops and the rest 2 they will win because they were 1 second faster per lap than williams and the rest, and the jaguar is usually slower in the race.

rumpelstulskin
rumpelstulskin

williams are actually very competitive here according to qualifying IF THEY ARE RUNNING A HIGH FUEL LOAD. because sepang offers lots of overtaking opportunities. and montoya will be ahead of schumi after his second pitstop surely. mclaren on the other hand must be running light to be setting a time like that, compared to their melbourne performance.
But amazing performance from MARK. HE is the real hero of this qualifying session.!!!!!!!!!!