Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
j2004p
j2004p

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

KATO wrote:Does anybody know what happened to tooned-??
Probably back mid-season. I don't see them producing 19 episodes to co-incide with every race this season whereas weren't there 12 last year?

Gridlock

It's back from Spain onwards (tooned)

JMN
JMN

That pitcrew.

michl420
michl420

On dry tyres Button was almost on the same pace as Red Bull and Mercedes. And i think they where looking for a 3 stop race. So it is going forwards.

stefan_
stefan_

Why did they change Perez's tires in the last lap?
"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

Joie de vivre

Experimenting maybe?

Also what is wrong with them? Again effed up pit stops? That could easily be Hamilton if he stayed in McLaren.

munudeges
munudeges

A top to bottom review of this team is required because this has gone on for year after year now.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Mclaren's race operations continue to be embarrassing, no point in Button showing some great race pace when they can't even fit his tyres properly!

KATO

stefan_ wrote:Why did they change Perez's tires in the last lap?
Perez said the team felt his tires were not going to last any longer so they pitted.
Sergio didnt loose positions tho from what I read..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

SilverArrow10

This team has to do a tooned episode with Lewis going to work but ending up at the wrong factory or pitbox ;) . Think it would be so funny.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

stefan_
stefan_

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

KATO

"Q: Does the race pace of your car give you some confidence?"
SP: I would say that much more is down to the strategy and to the tyres. The tyre management is probably our biggest asset in a long race. Jenson and I have proven in the past that we can go that ‘extra mile’ with the tyres. Let’s hope that it is also the case in the race.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14452.html

This weekend all Sergio can hope for is that he can show he's got stronger race pace then qualiy pace.
Hopefully this is also true for Button and hopefully both can finished ahead of their staring positions.
I hope strategy and tire management translate into Strong points for McLaren this weekend..
"Suddenly I realised that I was no longer driving the car consciously. I was driving it by a kind of instinct, only I was in a different dimension."
__Ayrton Senna

Racer X

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22240236
Sergio Perez 'Drove dangerously' says Button

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/106955

'Sergio Perez is too agressive' Says Button

However:
Perez felt Button had been just as uncompromising with him.
"I think I was as aggressive as he was with me," said the Mexican.

Interesting articles I wonder how Jenson and Sergio will get along now.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Pup
Pup

Button is right, of course.

On the other hand, this isn't the time for public teammate bickering, so he'd be better off either keeping it to himself or dealing with it behind closed doors.

Racer X

Pup wrote:Button is right, of course.

On the other hand, this isn't the time for public teammate bickering, so he'd be better off either keeping it to himself or dealing with it behind closed doors.
Sergio attacking him is called "Racing" Ayrton Senna said that if a gap exists and you don't go for it then you are no longer racing. So i Understand why Sergio went for that corner HOWEVER he did NOT have the space for that move to stick. Jenson defends well he's a Champion he did what you do when some one faster is about to undercut you. So on that contact corner. Yes I agre Sergio should have stepped off the throttle a little bit and waited for the next corner to resume a new attack.

It was a mistake.

JENSON however ran Sergio off the track when when Sergio was coming with far greater speed around the outside of that corner he wasn't going to be able to match his speed and he was about to be passed up at the end of that corner.

That was dirty and if Maldonado or a Rookie or Romain had done that people would point it out. But it's Jenson and he smiles and is nice and laughs when he's trying to blame others.

Pure and simple Sergio Outclassed Button. Sergio maid a mistake but Jenson raced dirty.
You don't run some one off the track.

So I say their about even.

Well kind off Now that Sergio has had more race time in a McLaren he's faster then Button. In a car Designed for Button remember he said how happy he was the MP4-28 was going to be designed for his driving style. It's a car with a bit of Understeer to it. Jenson like Understeer Sergio like oversteer now that sergio has gotten his car setup down his race pace is quicker then Buttons.

Sergios race pace is ALways faster then his quali pace.

I'm glad McLaren let them race and Button better not hope for team orders because with Sergios race pace he will be yielding more often if they decide to make the slower car (during a race) yield....

I agree Sergio did good raced like Senna in my opinion and Button bitched like Prost.....

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2d-SOe-qHc0[/youtube]
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ