Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Clew

Re: Vodafone McLaren Mercedes 2013

Pup wrote:That, or they'll export their troubles to them. After years of watching this team be almost great, I have no problem seeing the old guard leaving. But only if they can bring fresh talent in, of course. Hopefully the new Honda deal will present ample enough opportunity/challenge to potential replacements.
I doubt "old-troubled" guards are being exported. McLaren needs space for new Honda tenants
“Championships are won in the first half of the season, not just the second half” Raikkonen

JoeE
JoeE

I offer no hard evidence, but Sam Micheal is a bloody jinx!

Or maybe am just sick of listening to him talk :?

Neno
Neno

JoeE wrote:I offer no hard evidence, but Sam Micheal is a bloody jinx!

He is only person in world who for bad job and leading williams devolopment in wrong direction, giving them one of worst season in their history get promotion job in one of leading championship teams. Two years after establishment in new team, Mclaren from leading championship team become fifth team overall and fight with midfield teams as they follows same mistakes in car devoloping as williams previous years. Maybe is coincidance, but everything begun with Sam Micheal
taking over on sport director role as was in charge during Mclaren started doing pitstop mistake, later even car devolopment mistakes.

Racer X

All this Sergio Perez talk (negative) from all the non McLaren fans is tedious.
On the bright side it maid Monaco entertaining.

Heres a Martin Iinterview.

http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14589.html
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

Marc.W

Neno wrote:
JoeE wrote:I offer no hard evidence, but Sam Micheal is a bloody jinx!

He is only person in world who for bad job and leading williams devolopment in wrong direction, giving them one of worst season in their history get promotion job in one of leading championship teams. Two years after establishment in new team, Mclaren from leading championship team become fifth team overall and fight with midfield teams as they follows same mistakes in car devoloping as williams previous years. Maybe is coincidance, but everything begun with Sam Micheal
taking over on sport director role as was in charge during Mclaren started doing pitstop mistake, later even car devolopment mistakes.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but the sporting director wouldn't have any input on Car Development so how can you blame that on Sam Michael, if anything it was Paddy Lowe not giving a rats ass and dreaming about Mercedes

Racer X

Now we cant say he didnt give his best but im sure its better not to have Pady working half ass. So I agree but McLaren last year car was strong It was Pit Lane screw ups that messed that one up and a few mechanical things too I suppose it was a mix of thigs either way im glad McLaren is clear of a few people not rowing in the same direction as the reat of the team.

akshat21
akshat21

Neno wrote:
mclaren_mircea wrote:I found what Niki Lauda told yesterday: Mercedes chairman Niki Lauda said: “We will only give Mclaren information about our engine that they desperately need.”
What can mean?
Mercedes dont want share any secrets for new engine, because they could use in Mclaren that informations for Honda engine devoloping. You know that from next year there will be no partnership between mercedes and mclaren? Mercedes is on former contract with Mclaren obligied to deliver engines to them and nothing more else. Mclaren will not anymore with Mercedes engineers create chassis around their engine to maximize performances, they will only get datas about engine just like any other team who will be supplied from not their main team. For next year Mercedes is only supplier to Mclaren, just like Force India is.
I think that McLaren are gonna have a tough time for the next 2-3 years. Namely due to following reasons.

1) Mercedes will share less and less information with them due to the impending change.

2) Due to their current woes

3) Teething problems with Honda.

Racer X

Yes we face a difficult few years. But HONDA will probably share data as it becomes available to them.

Honda has another advantage they will have 1 season of looking at how fast the other engines are. Currently everyone's designing in the dark. Honda will be able to compare notes. Also McLaren will be able to give them data on the Merc Engines.

Racer X

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22769108

This BBC Article talks about the harsh views of other drivers towards Perez and his driving style.

beelsebob
beelsebob

Racer X wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22769108

This BBC Article talks about the harsh views of other drivers towards Perez and his driving style.
To be fair, it only really talks about there being harsh views from kimi towards perez, and basically says "well, he's biased, he doesn't like checo".

Racer X

beelsebob wrote:
Racer X wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/22769108

To be fair, it only really talks about there being harsh views from kimi towards perez, and basically says "well, he's biased, he doesn't like checo".
Look back at Sergio last season and youll find lots of Kimi Vs Checo battles that resulted in Sergio Wins. maybe thats why? Also as a top world class driver you cant be overtaken like that by a 23 year old kid.

mclaren_mircea
mclaren_mircea

I'm worried about Jenson's gearbox problem. The team thought that it was just a sensor problem when he put it in the seventh gear, but I'm afraid that it could be more than that. I'm afraid of a gearbox change and than a penalty. What do you think?

Racer X

Sergio Perez Q&A: We are racers, not Sunday drivers
http://www.formula1.com/news/interviews ... 14648.html

GrizzleBoy
GrizzleBoy

Well, zero points at a track they're known for winning and Force India are both in the points.

Hmm.

Dyanxx
Dyanxx

Shocking race today, and Mclaren's 64 race points streak ends, wasn't expect it to end at one of Mclaren's strongest tracks.