McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
gary123

Re: McLaren MP4-28 Mercedes

Jenson is using a low downforce rear wing. its going to be interesting to see which rear wing is better

SiLo

Was that the one with the bubble like shape on the top element? Where it did not follow the general shape of the wing but looks slightly bulbous instead?

***EDIT - atrocious auto correct****
Felipe Baby!

stefan_
stefan_

Canada 2013 - Friday (07.06.2013)

Canada 2013 - Saturday (08.06.2013)

"...and there, very much in flames, is Jacques Laffite's Ligier. That's obviously a turbo blaze, and of course, Laffite will be able to see that conflagration in his mirrors... he is coolly parking the car somewhere safe." Murray Walker, San Marino 1985

ringo

This car is so bad.
It's like every improvement they said they brought was for naught. :lol:

I mean they changed rear suspension, side pods, etc etc. What's left to do?
There is simply a fundamental problem, it's not a localized problem to any one part.
For Sure!!

gary123

ringo wrote:This car is so bad.
It's like every improvement they said they brought was for naught. :lol:

I mean they changed rear suspension, side pods, etc etc. What's left to do?
There is simply a fundamental problem, it's not a localized problem to any one part.
+1 :)
the only thing left is to change front suspension! :lol:
this race i saw a pretty bumpy car in the front! and in the brake the car is very unstable at the front...and this isnt changed a lot since the start of the season...

Racer X

Yeah the MP4-28 Is not a good car at all its sad to see the driver's with no chance For Victory. Im sure they will keep at it tho.
RedBull Racing Checo//PEREZ

gary123

Image its just a reflection but we can see the step nose of the Mclaren

Huntresa
Huntresa

gary123 wrote:https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5354_o.jpg its just a reflection but we can see the step nose of the Mclaren

Wat?

akshat21
akshat21

Racer X wrote:Yeah the MP4-28 Is not a good car at all its sad to see the driver's with no chance For Victory. Im sure they will keep at it tho.
It's not that it's a bad car. Its can be the fact that the guy who designed the car has left McLaren. Lowe would know the inns and out of his design and would know where it is lagging. And without him. McLaren seem unable to get to grips with the car's shortcomings.

gary123

Huntresa wrote:
gary123 wrote:https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5354_o.jpg its just a reflection but we can see the step nose of the Mclaren

Wat?
whatch the nose of the car! it looks like it haves the 2012 step nose... it is just a reflection of the light :lol:

Force Ten
Force Ten

akshat21 wrote: It's not that it's a bad car. Its can be the fact that the guy who designed the car has left McLaren. Lowe would know the inns and out of his design and would know where it is lagging. And without him. McLaren seem unable to get to grips with the car's shortcomings.
Except that the car was designed by Tim Goss and he is still very much part of the team.

akshat21
akshat21

Force Ten wrote:
akshat21 wrote: It's not that it's a bad car. Its can be the fact that the guy who designed the car has left McLaren. Lowe would know the inns and out of his design and would know where it is lagging. And without him. McLaren seem unable to get to grips with the car's shortcomings.
Except that the car was designed by Tim Goss and he is still very much part of the team.
I thought the 27 was designed by Tim Goss.

Edit. I believe he did design the 27. Source: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/02/p ... -director/

"... He designed the 2008 McLaren in which Hamilton won the world championship, as well as the 2010 car, which won five races and the 2012 car which won 7 races."

Force Ten
Force Ten

Hmm, there seems to be some confusion as of who actually did what. I remember from an early Whitmarsh interview that Paddy Lowe's leaving is not a big deal as the actual designer of their last cars, including the MP4-28 has been Tim Goss and Paddy was more like an overseer of sorts.

Then again http://antfrench.wordpress.com/2013/03/ ... one-wrong/ claims it was Paddy Lowe.
akshat21 wrote:
Force Ten wrote:
I thought the 27 was designed by Tim Goss.

Edit. I believe he did design the 27. Source: http://www.jamesallenonf1.com/2013/02/p ... -director/

"... He designed the 2008 McLaren in which Hamilton won the world championship, as well as the 2010 car, which won five races and the 2012 car which won 7 races."

gary123

munudeges
munudeges

When you look at that front suspension and the lack of any apparent movement or damping, it's a joke.