methods to increase passing

All that has to do with the power train, gearbox, clutch, fuels and lubricants, etc. Generally the mechanical side of Formula One.
marcush.
marcush.

what about that one:
Just take the theoretical quickest line around the track(easily detected as it is the dark line )and polish this line to adegree that rubber build up is reduced.Voila the best line offers reduced grip and will not gain much grip over the weekend .There will be a benefit from going of line especially in braking areas and out of the corner.
Maybe a possibility was to brush on some fuel or light oil to reduce griplevel just on the line.But I think polishing or closing th e surface so rubber buildup would be reduced could do the trick.
as we could see in bahrein the differenc with rubber down on the track translates to seconds to be gained,so if that did not happen on the line we could see more racing

bowlingforcindy
bowlingforcindy

maybe this wont creat overtakin but will bring cars closer. start using weight penalties.

every time a driver wins a race, add a small race and it stays there until the end of the season. everytime a driver does not win then take that weight off.

Don
Don

banking

how about they bank the corners so that two lines through the turns develop. I know . . . increase speeds around the turns.. blah, blah, safety, safety. Still it would help passing, so what about just on the medium to slow turns?

me
me

Want more passing?

- Reduce downforce: have u noticed trains of cars following eachother around because of dirty air.

- Big fat tyres: u can't lose mechanical grip when following someone.

-Get rid of monaco, hungaroring, and imola, F1 has outgrown these circuits.

Steven
Owner

Well, getting rid of monaco and hungaro would be a solution to these two circuits, but I am in favour of keeping them both, although I think Hungaro needs some more work, I think it bettered with last year's changes, but the circuit must a made longer and a little faster.

For me the only way to increase overtaking is decreasing the grip sensitivity of the cars. I don't think dirty air is a problem at all, since it also creates opportunities. Even further... I would simply not make sense for the 2-element rear wing, since that created more turbulence than the 9-flapped from some years ago at Hungaro.

Now... my grip sensitiveness... the main problem is grip off the ideal line. You can see on circuits that are driven on alot, like Silverstone for instance, passing is far easier than like in Bahrain. The point is to find a way to decrease the graining of tyres, and somehow keep the track clean. Don't really know how to do that however.... :cry:

akbar21881
akbar21881

to encourage overtaking, I think the current regulation should be bin and make the new regulation so that everyone starts from clean sheet.I know its expensive to do so but if team can't afford it,go and race F3000.

The new regulation should include big fat tyres for more and more mechanical grip,limit the wing element to single element only front and rear, increase the ground clearance so that the air behind won't be as disturbed as it is now. Also get rid of those winglet to increase drag in front of a much bigger rear tyres.Make a long long long straight and many many many fast corners before any slow corners.