Has Ralf lost the plot??

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
eweturn
eweturn

Has Ralf lost the plot??

Just wondering if anyone else thinks if Ralf is a little behind it at the moment. He seems to be making overtaking moves from well behind, with no margin for error. This leaves the other driver the option of leaving room (like Sato did in Bahrain) or try and close the door and have a incident (eg Webber in Malaysia). Actions of a desperate man :?:

Funny how Ralfie did not leave Sato room into turn 2, dispite him being in a better position than Ralf was into the first corner. Then to say that he thought Sato's move was a bit optimistic :?

As for coming together with Webber into turn 1 in Malaysia (and hisresulting flat tyre), that could not have been dis-similar to the Montoya-Barrichello incident in the US (given that MW continued while RB retired). However no investigation seem to be conducted.

Actually, RS seems to have a thing for First corner incidents. Off the top on my head: RB in Melbourne 2001?, JPM in USA 2001, KR & RB Germany 2003. But I'm sure there are more. Seems to be a good person to steer clear of at the start. After the KR/RB accident, I think he said something like he doesn't look around at the start :shock:
It's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore looking like an idiot

Spencifer_Murphy
Spencifer_Murphy

Yes

Spencifer_Murphy
Spencifer_Murphy

Ralf Schumacher the F1 driver....more like banger racer

Okay i'll elaborate a little lol. Its just tht the question about has ralf lost the plot only really requires a simple answer. I know talent wen i see it. I sed it bout button, sato, Alonso, Raikkonnen and webber. But i have never rated ralf. Ralf has the occasional moment of brilliance. but more often than not he does a gd job of annoying everyone else.

What good is it when Frank & Patrick and the rest of the team at Grove make a great new car if ralf spends all his time destrying it. He is given a competitive car and spends his time ripping the diffuser to pieces whilst driving through gravel traps and oblitorating what little remains of his car by running into the other competetors.

That is the difference between Michael & ralf. One of them excels at pushing the car right to its limits and wrestle lap times from it even if it is understeering/oversteering etc. The other excels at pushing the car beyond its limits.......and into the path of oncomming traffic. Often in the form of his team mate, further annoying the Grove brigade. How he has survived there without being tarred and feathered is anyone's guess!

The fact that my friends simply reffer to him as "That arsehole" sums it up.

West
West

I thought it was JV's fault at Melbourne 2001. The Montoya thing was 2002 USGP.

I just remember him shoving a Sauber off the track a while back... maybe in 97 or 98... and was probably Herbert. His excuse was that he did leave him enough room. But Martin Brundle said something like "well if your last name is Schumacher then you can do anything"
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

marcush.
marcush.

i remember ralfi in his carting days ,when half of the field was looking for a chance to grab him by the throat....He had the attitude to drive into his competitors and give them an unfair tap instead of trying to fight it out fair and square....
In formula 3 they bought anew car for the last races because they had developed the car to a point of undrivability......and Mr weber bought a new one so they had a std setup Dallara......no joke.
flashes of brilliance,when,where???
Isaw Michael and Frentzen in F3 that was another league when you looked at these two.

doc f1
doc f1

ralph

I am not a shumi fan , but shumi (the old) drive superb , shumi (the young ) drive like a snale who had a few beers , i cant remember any good race of ralph , on the other hand michael had about 40 superbs races , spain 96 is my favorit .I hope sir williams kick ralph his ... from the team . :twisted:

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Yep eyeturn,he's lost it! :lol:

Steven
Owner

hehe... i'd say he never had it 8)

West
West

Im sure he's alright but not worth 20 million a year. That's highway robbery right there
Bring back wider rear wings, V10s, and tobacco advertisements

more like it would COST 20 Million a year to have him in the drivers seat with all the car repairs etc etc etc :D