Jordan Toyota

Post here all non technical related topics about Formula One. This includes race results, discussions, testing analysis etc. TV coverage and other personal questions should be in Off topic chat.
Irvingthien
Irvingthien

Jordan Toyota

Rumours are that Jordan is negotiating a deal with Toyota to supply engine gear box plus aerodynamic consultancy work for them. Interesting rumours I say what's your view?
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns12721.html

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Could be a shrewd move for Eddie getting one of the most powerful engines on the grid in the back of a Jordan,but on the other hand if Toyota themselves can't get results with the same drivetrain how are Jordan going to?!

uzael
uzael

I agree with RUss. And to top it off, the main problem with the Toyota team has been mechanical and aerodynamic grip. It's doubtful that jordan's car performs any better now and with their limited resources it's unlikely that it will even keep pace with the other team's developments. Throw in the extra amount of money that the toyota deal would cost, it's unlikely that this would prove to be anything more than a lateral move for the team. I sorry to say that I think Jordan will be leaving the grid by 06 unless some sort of miracle happens. The economic realities of the sport will end the the concept of truly independent privateers. Everyone will have to end up following the ferrari Sauber Model. That is jordan's only real chance to survive.
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "

Scuderia-Russ
Scuderia-Russ

Don't get me wrong though,nothing would give me greater pleasure than to see Jordan challenging for race wins again like 1999 and to a lesser extent 2000,but i can't help feeling were counting down the seasons to them replacing Minardi at the back of the grid.IMO a lenghy engine supply would be a step in the right direction,especially if Gascoinge's influence is allowed to grow,so i guess we'll have to wait and see. You've gotta give it to EJ,the guy's always got a trick up his sleeve! Jordan Grand Prix is his baby and he won't let it go under without a bloody hard fight!!

Becker4
Becker4

Scuderia-Russ wrote: Jordan Grand Prix is his baby and he won't let it go under without a bloody hard fight!!
God bless him for it!

Steven
Owner

nooooooo... let it please be minardi 8) ... then put Leinders in the race car and we have a Belgian who can fight for a point now and then \:D/

Blix
Blix

Perhaps Eddie IS thinking along the Ferrari/Sauber lines. With the guys at Jordan who can, largely, make something for nothing, plus the might of Toyota, perhaps somehthing useful could come out of that partnership...kinda like a skilled hand weilding the big hammer. It would probably serve to move both teams up in the grid...besides, could it really HURT either?

marcush.
marcush.

looking at Sauber one has to honestly ask what a very very good engine is worth in terms of competitiveness and even in terms of reliability.
You would not want to take anything away from Saubers and jordans efforts ,but they have to face the facts :they have not the right structures in place for the time being.It can be done .it is not strictly a financial thing,as BAR has proved.It is having the right people in the right positions with a positive but realistic view of present and future and targetsclearly defined in plans as how to achieve the aims .The key figures have to make the employees understand these plans in general.
The constant Hype sorrounding Jordan does provide more insatbility and of course disapointment when things do not translate into reality...Jaguar is certainly not a big budget team but they do run the same engiine in a not too sophisticated car well ahead of the yellow cars.

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

NEW UPDATE - Paul Stoddart garanties that he is in negotiations with Toyota!

So...the silly season has just got better!!! :wink:

uzael
uzael

Where did you read this monstro?
"I'll bring us through this. As always. I'll carry you - kicking and screaming - and in the end you'll thank me. "

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

hey joão olha tenho o msn com problemas por isso não posso lá
ir fui ao teste da toyota e tirei varias fotos estive lá os 2 dias vi 70 % do teste foi muito porreiro e aí está uma das varias fotos

afinhttp://193.136.191.98/vmac/toyota_estoril/im001058.jpgal era aberto ao publico

Monstrobolaxa
Monstrobolaxa

Well the last message was a private message for me......but you can allt try the link it's a link with pics from the Toyota test at Estoril.

http://alunos.iscte.pt/vmac/toyota_estoril/

The link doesn't loaded...