Lotus F1 Team 2013

This forum contains threads to discuss teams themselves. Anything not technical about the cars, including restructuring, performances etc belongs here.
Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Re: Lotus F1 Team 2013

stefan_ wrote:
FrukostScones wrote:I think the chance we see the Lotus team next year is only 35%.
We'll see them in one way or another. They have a car and everything pretty much in place for next year.
Boullier was talking about lay offs the other day..

xpensive
xpensive

Reports of mysterious investors with delayed payments is usually not a good sign.
"I spent most of my money on wine and women...I wasted the rest"

munudeges
munudeges

Usually what happens with these things, and it happened with Qadbak, is that you have a scam operation that has borrowed money and is writing IOUs to give it an air of legitimacy. They then make off with any money the operation is making, in this case the constructors' money, and then leave the organisation in the lurch.

However, in the current climate it seems acquiring that 'flash cash' is a little more difficult and people are a bit more wise to what is going on. Lotus and Genii should just turn their backs and move on to next year as soon as they can. They might have to bite the bullet and recruit Maldonado.

Maldo might have his faults but at least his money seems to have turned up. Whether it will continue to is another matter and if it doesn't I have no idea where that leaves Lotus. Part of Perez's problem has been that the much vaunted Mexican money has been slow to turn up. EDIT: Perez hasn't been good enough of course, but when money doesn't turn up it's amazing how that becomes an issue. :wink:
Last edited by munudeges on 24 Nov 2013, 23:07, edited 2 times in total.

Jonnycraig
Jonnycraig

Lot of talk about just how downbeat Grosjean was when interviewed by BBC.

kooleracer
kooleracer

I tihnk there is a possibity that Lotus needs 2 investors if the want the keep performing on a high level. I wouldn't be surprised if they would sign Perez and Maldonado. Lotus (enstone) was a big teams we a lot of staff, they need a lot of cash to to keep that outfit going. Thats why they are acting so desperate regarding the Quantum deal. I Think Maldonado has a seat there for next year. I think Hulkenberg is no option anymore. Its about retaining Romain or getting more money with Perez and Telmex. They somehow have to pay Kimi and fund 2014 project which we all know will use a lot of resources.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote:Usually what happens with these things, and it happened with Qadbak, is that you have a scam operation that has borrowed money and is writing IOUs to give it an air of legitimacy. They then make off with any money the operation is making, in this case the constructors' money, and then leave the organisation in the lurch.
Remember that even Brawn/Mercedes, at least Nick Fry, got suckered by this infamous shampoo mega-deal with someone posing as a representative for Schwarzkopf's owner, or whatever it was?

raymondu999

Perhaps Mansoor Ijaz's investors are Nigerian princes asking him to safeguard their oil money?

He should try Western Union for the money transfer
失败者找理由,成功者找方法

FW17

A lot s**t being said about Mansoor Ijaz (who cares if he is a scum bag), but i blame the situation wholly on Eric Lux and Gerard Lopez. These guys announced a deal which was not completed so as to give a false assurance to suppliers and staff about their unpaid dues.

This reminds me of Honeywell sponsorship at the beginning the year which never happened, these guys even painted the car red in some parts to announce something which was never finalized.

Reminds me of the Lotus sponsorship deal too, when these guys went ahead in naming and snickering there car when there was a court case going on.

I cant believe the press is basing Mansoor Ijaz when they should be basing Eric Lux and Gerard Lopez for running the team into the ground.

PS- Hope Pastor's money does not go to clearing these guys debts.

sectionate
sectionate

Jonnycraig wrote:Lot of talk about just how downbeat Grosjean was when interviewed by BBC.
I thought this, it sounded like we wasn't sure of his seat for next year :(

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Yeah I think still that Lotus' court thing was rediculous, still think it is though. Name changed but in essence we still got 2 lotus teams on the grid. if you looked at tha HRT last year, with the red white and gold, we essentially had 3 teams in the Lotus colour schemes.

apart from that, it must be said though, that when Renault officially stepped back, it's been a decline in stability and future prospects. I guess it's both logical after such a huge pawn to 'jump ship', however, I think Renault themselves might have seen this happening anyway. The way the team has handled indeed has not been in the most 'positive' sense though. After all
the debacle with the 'Crashgate' scandal wich became a huge media issue with Briatore, Alonso and Piquet and other involved
personnel, it didn't do the team much good to have the Sutil-Lux near-manslaughter clashing, the public Grosjean problems [this guy got dumped by briatore and got a seat anyway] last year, the way the team handles drivers [senna in, senna out,
petrov in, petrov out, valsecchi never in] and then the open Raikkonen clashing, all paired with 2 years of money insecurity that now seems to reach it's climax.
It's amazing that a team that has such an unstable mess of things actually has a front-running car, that's right up there just a sniff behind the RedBulls. Lotus must have some amazing good personnel there, but if they are leaving, then the future is grim.

The fact Romain has not been officially contracted and confirmed for the 2014 seat yet, seems to tell that indeed, he himself might just end up without a seat there. And oddly as it is, I think romain has by now prooved he is absolutely
worthy of a F1 seat. Unfortunately, the only team he could show his potential is at lotus, i don't see any other team as far in the front or capable of that as RedBull, Merc, Lotus, Ferrari and perhaps Mclaren. Mclaren isn't the spot, and RedBull simply will not happen. Ferrari would be fun though, imagine him switching with Alonso :D

Perhaps the best question for this team now is:

is there really ANYTHING certain or contracted @ lotusf1 next year?

are there 'big names' leaving? have they left? is there any credibility Romain will stay?
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

munudeges
munudeges

xpensive wrote:Remember that even Brawn/Mercedes, at least Nick Fry, got suckered by this infamous shampoo mega-deal with someone posing as a representative for Schwarzkopf's owner, or whatever it was?
Of course. In this case though they seem to have been sensible enough to repeat 'Show me the money' over and over again. It's time for them to move on quickly though and secure whatever cash Maldonado or Perez can give them. This isn't happening.

kooleracer
kooleracer

Manoah2u wrote:Yeah I think still that Lotus' court thing was rediculous, still think it is though. Name changed but in essence we still got 2 lotus teams on the grid. if you looked at tha HRT last year, with the red white and gold, we essentially had 3 teams in the Lotus colour schemes.

apart from that, it must be said though, that when Renault officially stepped back, it's been a decline in stability and future prospects. I guess it's both logical after such a huge pawn to 'jump ship', however, I think Renault themselves might have seen this happening anyway. The way the team has handled indeed has not been in the most 'positive' sense though. After all
the debacle with the 'Crashgate' scandal wich became a huge media issue with Briatore, Alonso and Piquet and other involved
personnel, it didn't do the team much good to have the Sutil-Lux near-manslaughter clashing, the public Grosjean problems [this guy got dumped by briatore and got a seat anyway] last year, the way the team handles drivers [senna in, senna out,
petrov in, petrov out, valsecchi never in] and then the open Raikkonen clashing, all paired with 2 years of money insecurity that now seems to reach it's climax.
It's amazing that a team that has such an unstable mess of things actually has a front-running car, that's right up there just a sniff behind the RedBulls. Lotus must have some amazing good personnel there, but if they are leaving, then the future is grim.

The fact Romain has not been officially contracted and confirmed for the 2014 seat yet, seems to tell that indeed, he himself might just end up without a seat there. And oddly as it is, I think romain has by now prooved he is absolutely
worthy of a F1 seat. Unfortunately, the only team he could show his potential is at lotus, i don't see any other team as far in the front or capable of that as RedBull, Merc, Lotus, Ferrari and perhaps Mclaren. Mclaren isn't the spot, and RedBull simply will not happen. Ferrari would be fun though, imagine him switching with Alonso :D

are there 'big names' leaving? have they left? is there any credibility Romain will stay?
Allison has left he was (TD) and went to Ferrari and their Jarrod Murphy (Head of CFD has) gone to Mercedes. So big names have already left the building. Bob Bell(former TD) and Mike Elliot (Head of Aero) also came from Lotus (Enstone team) to join Mercedes. So the brain drain for Enstone is not a new situation its a ongoing process. Dirk de Bear (head of Aero) has left with Allison to Ferrari. And with cash problems i dont know if Lotus is a good team for a driver next year.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

ScottB
ScottB

kooleracer wrote:
Manoah2u wrote:Yeah I think still that Lotus' court thing was rediculous, still think it is though. Name changed but in essence we still got 2 lotus teams on the grid. if you looked at tha HRT last year, with the red white and gold, we essentially had 3 teams in the Lotus colour schemes.

Allison has left he was (TD) and went to Ferrari and their Jarrod Murphy (Head of CFD has) gone to Mercedes. So big names have already left the building. Bob Bell(former TD) and Mike Elliot (Head of Aero) also came from Lotus (Enstone team) to join Mercedes. So the brain drain for Enstone is not a new situation its a ongoing process. Dirk de Bear (head of Aero) has left with Allison to Ferrari. And with cash problems i dont know if Lotus is a good team for a driver next year.
They lost a couple guys to Caterham straight away (who had been working notice I guess) in exchange for getting Heikki too.

xpensive
xpensive

munudeges wrote:
xpensive wrote:Remember that even Brawn/Mercedes, at least Nick Fry, got suckered by this infamous shampoo mega-deal with someone posing as a representative for Schwarzkopf's owner, or whatever it was?
Of course. In this case though they seem to have been sensible enough to repeat 'Show me the money' over and over again. It's time for them to move on quickly though and secure whatever cash Maldonado or Perez can give them. This isn't happening.
Problem seem to be that also Maldonado's backers have a similar sense of reason; "Are we here to bail someone out?"

AnthonyG

Anyone got updates?
When will the constructors championship money be paid?
This must be the saddest thing happening this season...
Thank you really doesn't really describe enough what I feel. - Vettel