Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Unc1e_M0nty

Re: Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

The nose seems to slope steeply ahead of the wishbone, I'd think the nose will be very Ferrari like.

turbof1

Given how much Mercedes likes to tease, I recon the car to be a big cockteaser.

Will mercedes btw make a small presentation ceremony or just roll out the car and start driving around?
Unc1e_M0nty wrote:The nose seems to slope steeply ahead of the wishbone, I'd think the nose will be very Ferrari like.
I'll keep my reservations on that one. The image has a very distorted perspective and weird lens.
#AeroFrodo

Morteza

turbof1 wrote:Given how much Mercedes likes to tease, I recon the car to be a big cockteaser.

Will mercedes btw make a small presentation ceremony or just roll out the car and start driving around?
Unc1e_M0nty wrote:The nose seems to slope steeply ahead of the wishbone, I'd think the nose will be very Ferrari like.
I'll keep my reservations on that one. The image has a very distorted perspective and weird lens.
I read somewhere here on the forum that Mercedes will not have a presentation whatsoever, and the car just rolls to the tracks from the pits...
"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

SilverArrow10

They will release the pictures and video from Rosberg driving it in Silverstone along with Hamilton taking it testing tomorrow in Jerez I assume. Red bull are the only ones doing a show off thing before testing starts from what I've seen.
"Leave it to Lewis Hamilton to ruin Redbull's day" - Martin Brundle

"Ok Lewis, Its Hammertime!!" - Peter Bonnington

"Fresh tires, 15 laps. What do you think Lewis Hamilton is going to do?" - Martin Brundle

Morteza

"A fool thinks himself to be wise, but a wise man knows himself to be a fool."~William Shakespeare

turbof1

That's a more interesting image towards the w05 (sorry michael)
#AeroFrodo

ajprice
ajprice

Is that a vane on top of the sidepod or a bulge made into a separate panel in the bodywork for something?

Mr.G

Looks like vane for me?
Art without engineering is dreaming. Engineering without art is calculating. Steven K. Roberts

kooleracer
kooleracer

Mr.G wrote:Looks like vane for me?
Maybe its a sensor for testing, McLaren during last season had a big sensor on the nose. Maybe this is a sensor to because its really big. Like last season during testing bodywork is a jigsaw.

#KeepFightingMichael
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."

gray41

Why put a sensor on the launch photos?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

rscsr

gray41 wrote:Why put a sensor on the launch photos?
I wouldn't call it a launch photo. Just a picture of the car that will be testing from tomorrow onwards.

Morteza

gray41

Stepped nose with no attempt to cover it?
Lewis Hamilton #44
Poles: *****
Wins: ***

timbo
timbo

Looks like nose is similar to Ferrari?

kooleracer
kooleracer

Fullsize link: http://postimg.org/image/q5c8a61v7/full/

That is definitely a Ferrari nose.
Irvine:"If you don't have a good car you can't win it, unless you are Michael or Senna. Lots of guys won in Adrian Newey's cars, big deal. Adrian is the real genius out there, there is Senna, there is Michael and there is Newey.They were the three great talents."