Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

A place to discuss the characteristics of the cars in Formula One, both current as well as historical. Laptimes, driver worshipping and team chatter do not belong here.
Faustino
Faustino

Re: Mercedes F1 W05 Pre-launch Speculation

I actually think the nose is going to be more similar to the Williams? Can see the prongs quite clearly there.

Bredd
Bredd

beelsebob
beelsebob

daveyrace wrote:
beelsebob wrote:
daveyrace wrote:Only the end of the nose will be narrow, the main body will probably just slope off like the mclaren and ferrari.

This is a very rough thought on how it goes, camera winglets in green.
http://i.imgur.com/FS6EoP9.jpg
I'm almost 100% confident that this outline is wrong. Those camera pods would be illegal.

I am slightly less confident (but still pretty confident) that we're looking at a Ferrari style vacuum cleaner nose, but with a narrower tip.

http://abload.de/img/unbenannt04s8d.jpg
These are clearly camera winglets, what else could they be?
Yes, they are clearly camera winglets, but they're coming off the side of a steep cliff in the nose, like Ferrari's, not sprouting off the top of a gently sloping nose.

daveyrace
daveyrace

Yes, the nose appears to drop very sharply down after the join to the chassis, maybe more so than the ferrari.

Unfortunately my rubbish outline would not show the drop, I simply put a green mark over the top of where they are in the picture to highlight them. Maybe the camera pods are the same position as the Ferrari ones but as the nose drops more abruptly they can mount them on slightly longer winglets.

heimana
heimana

I hope that this is not the real car because this looks like the 2013's car, same sidepods, same airbox intake. Just the livery changed. I really think it is the 2013 car with 2014 nose and rear wing

theformula

heimana wrote:I hope that this is not the real car because this looks like the 2013's car, same sidepods, same airbox intake. Just the livery changed. I really think it is the 2013 car with 2014 nose and rear wing
I think it is the 2014 car, and even if it does look similar, you can bet that they have been hard at work at it. They wouldn't have been sitting around on their laurels all the time. They've almost certainly spent a huge amount of time and effort on this car and i hope that it will show.
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

mantikos
mantikos

theformula wrote:
heimana wrote:I hope that this is not the real car because this looks like the 2013's car, same sidepods, same airbox intake. Just the livery changed. I really think it is the 2013 car with 2014 nose and rear wing
I think it is the 2014 car, and even if it does look similar, you can bet that they have been hard at work at it. They wouldn't have been sitting around on their laurels all the time. They've almost certainly spent a huge amount of time and effort on this car and i hope that it will show.
That is a mule 2013 car with a hacked on 2014 nose and rear wing. The paint job is completely different and the Schumi hashtag is a clear indication that the black is a tribute to Schumi from his last team.

heimana
heimana

mantikos wrote:
theformula wrote:
That is a mule 2013 car with a hacked on 2014 nose and rear wing. The paint job is completely different and the Schumi hashtag is a clear indication that the black is a tribute to Schumi from his last team.
So do you think that tomorow we will see exactly the same car which is in the vidéo?

Owen.C93
Owen.C93

Sorry to put you guys through this, but you can see the nose shape in this image.
Last edited by Owen.C93 on 27 Jan 2014, 19:44, edited 1 time in total.
Motorsport Graduate in search of team experience ;)

Manoah2u
Manoah2u

Owen.C93 wrote:Sorry to put you guys through this, but you can see the nose shape in this image.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Be_oD5FIgAAq9H_.jpg:large
it's so small i can hardly see it's a f1 car of this year actually
"Explain the ending to F1 in football terms"
"Hamilton was beating Verstappen 7-0, then the ref decided F%$& rules, next goal wins
while also sending off 4 Hamilton players to make it more interesting"

theformula

Owen.C93 wrote:Sorry to put you guys through this, but you can see the nose shape in this image.

Can''t see a bloody thing...
Hamilton's blessed with an ability to make a car do pretty much anything he wants - Mark Hughes

muhammad-13
muhammad-13

Toro Rosso in that image has ha d*ck nose so definitly this year's cars.

SectorOne

Even in that tiny image you can see it´s a Ferrari snout.
"If the only thing keeping a person decent is the expectation of divine reward, then brother that person is a piece of sh*t"

markn93

Not too bad! Now can we get a bigger version and is that correct?

theformula

Faustino wrote:The rule changes have brought about a complete farce in terms of how these cars look. We're going to have ant-eaters, a flaccid penis, a shaved fanny and a walrus chasing Barbara Streisand around lap after lap.

Something has to give!
Oh my god, that is possibly the funniest post I've ever read in my life hahahaha!